Buy NOW - or Else!

WTFarmGirl

Buy NOW - or Else!

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

I like watching what they present from time to time, and sometimes they have stuff on my list of things to get. However, I'm getting VERY disgusted.

Lately, as in the last week, hosts have been SCREAMING to BUY NOW BUY NOW, it's SELLING OUT YOU'RE GOING TO MISS IT! I"M GETTING MINE, HEHEHEHE!

Respect all went out the window. And that's why the few hosts I actually DID like, I can honestly say I don't anymore. I'm so sick of the BS. Like showing something as "sold out" when it's a miracle and pops back up "in-stock" in 30 minutes. Boy those delivery trucks are fast . . . they need to hire them to ship our items out!

Last night's presentation was on those lambskin purses. Now at $27 I feel it's a good buy (albeit ugly, cannot think of ANYONE who would find it nice enough to use so sadly I cannot buy), however, the presentation showed several colors as sold out. Yet on the website not too long later, POOF everything restocked again.

Now we know the games they play, and no doubt they are trying not to GET STUCK with a massive inventory of JUST ONE COLOR. I get it. BUT IT"S NOT COOL to pull wool over the eyes of those with a few bucks to spend.

Buying garbage to sell on TV doesn't help.

I saw those stunning horse sculptures last night. I WOULD have pulled the trigger and bought one. However, I remembered the OTHER stuff I had recently bought (non jewelry items) and IT WAS JUNK. Chances are good those "stunning" sculptures were too, and did i REALLY want to hassle with YET ANOTHER item to try to ship back? ( my curtains are STILL waiting for me to get the time).

Now, it's fully possible the sculptures ARE nice . . . but when you buy enough JUNK, you get tired of always coming out on the short end of the gamble.

And so, for that reason, I am sticking ONLY to jewelry. And I DID buy a leather purse once. It was worth the $50 I paid, and not some stunning deal.

That's my rant for today. heaven forbid it's the weekend now, and likely will get MUCH worse . . . .
5 x

christee

Re: Buy NOW - or Else!

Post by christee » 4 months ago

I caught on to their selling tactic too. Instead of panicking I check on it later and like you, see that it's back in stock. I wonder if some shoppers bought on impulse and canceled the order soon after. About the garbage they sell, it's the reason I tend to miss their shows on Fridays. It was just as bad yesterday, it was mostly flea market level bonanza of random stuff that belonged in their $1 auctions.

I want to mention I have bought non jewelry goods from here such as 2 different styles of Bali handblown glass vase with wood base to give my son. They look really nice. Also bought a CHAOS leather patchwork handbag from their auction-awful quality and smelled weird had me question what animal skin or process was used to make it. Also, buying anything solar from them is a gamble.
2 x

WTFarmGirl

I would agree, my leather was from no cow I had ever seen before . . . and very poorly tanned too. I won't even touch their expensive PELLE handbags. N-O.
1 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

christee — I agree that some things on the Friday shows are garbage but I still watch at times because occasionally there some good deals mixed in. That said, I’ve seen some absolutely hideous rings! To each his own, but one ring was so ridiculously thick and huge it looked like it was about to give birth to a litter of smaller rings! I think you’d have to do weight training if you wanted to lift your finger while wearing it! 😳😁🤣✌️
2 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

I love all your rants...You all are entertaining...
1 x

WTFarmGirl

Spinoza wrote:
4 months ago
christee — I agree that some things on the Friday shows are garbage but I still watch at times because occasionally there some good deals mixed in. That said, I’ve seen some absolutely hideous rings! To each his own, but one ring was so ridiculously thick and huge it looked like it was about to give birth to a litter of smaller rings! I think you’d have to do weight training if you wanted to lift your finger while wearing it! 😳😁🤣✌️
OMG, lol, I was visualizing spider babies :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 4 months ago

Everyone's Posts sadly are spot on. Certainly gave me a much needed laugh. Haven't purchased anything for awhile now. I, also, got tired of having to find the time to Pay and Return Items that were sold with Misleading Information and some items even Broken up on receipt because of sloppy, cheap packaging. I have lost count of how much money I have basically have either donated or thrown in the trash because of the Numerous Untruthful Sales Tactics and not being able to get the items returned in time.

I do watch from time to time to see if anything has changed but always the same.
Hunter was so wildly hyper during the 11pm-2am time slot when watching the new TLV showing, that Heather couldn't get a word in. Talked non-stop through the whole thing. Unbearable to watch all of the show, but every time that I would check again, it was him rattling a bunch of noise. Horrible. Since I have a varying schedule so are my sleep times, I turned it back to LC a little after 2am, and Matt and Michele were Hosting. Michele mentioned that she was leaving LC next month. Didn't actually say as to why but from the context of the conversations she had with Co-Hosts during the recent months, as well as with Matt last night, I am just assuming it may have something to do with the fact that the Company has never sent her anywhere since she's been there and doesn't seem to value her. She asked Matt, How many places that he had been sent in the short time that he has been when with the Company?? He looked kinda uncomfortable, but knew that she wouldn't let him off the hook so he did answer her. He said Italy and some other places. She said Yeah and All
The Gem Shows and other places. Then she said "After almost 5 years , I have never gotten to go anywhere." Matt then changed the subject and started making jokes to cheer her up and lighten the mood. In my opinion, as a long time viewer/customer, I believe that the Company has treated her poorly. She has never gotten to go anywhere but to work in the, Studio, all Hours and as far back as I can remember, all Holidays, including the time preceding and following all Holidays. I think she is extremely underappreciated by LC. She said she forgot to do her hair before she came in and didn't realize it until she saw herself on Camera.... Bizarre??? She hasn't seemed herself in a while now. She needs to do whatever is best for her health, happiness and family. She will be missed by many and I think the Company might Negatively feel that Impact. BTW: Not sure if others knew or not , I have rarely watched for any real length of time lately but she told Matt last night that her Birthday
had been on Dec 10th. I know he said he didn't know and apologized. Just putting it out there as I know she is extremely popular with Customers especially the Forum Regulars. I didn't know. I know many follow her on Facebook so I just wanted to let those who may also not have known, in case they wanted to send her a Birthday Message or to let her know that she will be missed by many.
Don't know anything else that has been going on for the past week or more, so going to try to catch up on the Forum Posts before I head to bed for much needed sleep.
PS: If anyone is still shopping for Christmas, Birthday or themselves and are in the market for Good Leather Handbags, I shopped on the Dooney & Bourke website and ILOVEDOONEY.COM website last evening. Both had great sale prices and are still honoring their 12 days of Christmas Sale Prices, I believe they are until the 17th. Even the All Italian Leather Bags of all Sizes were on sale with 2 Extra Promo Codes listed on the top of the latter Website that can be stacked for huge discounts. I got a couple hundred off the sale price of some bags with Free Shipping on orders over $149, I believe. I didn't need any more Handbags of any size but I had been getting their Sale Ads in my Email many times daily especially this month and never had time to actually look at it until yesterday. Maybe, I should not have, would have saved myself money in buying things not needed but they are Genuine, New, 1st Quality Designer Handbags that Can be Returned if Necessary and I know that they are Virtually Impossible to wear out and I am not delicate with Handbags, they get shoved into staff lockers about the size of Small Highschool Half Lockers and have to be shared with another person if you want one with an actual lock on it, I know I certainly do. Crazy but True.
I love good deals so I thought I would share. Sorry for being so long winded and for any typos or errors. Wishing everyone a great and safe weekend.
3 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 4 months ago

I think they have more wool now than tanzanite.
3 x

Shopper7192

Post by Shopper7192 » 4 months ago

CaribbeanGirl wrote:
4 months ago
I think they have more wool now than tanzanite.
LMBO!!!! 🤣 I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!! 😆OMG!! Good one..
2 x