Cable updated, No Shop Lc!

Bella

Cable updated, No Shop Lc!

Post by Bella » 5 months ago

I recently called my cable subscriber and told them that I wanted to cancel channels I never watch.(HBO, Showtime etc. I don’t watch new movies) My cable bill was getting a little ridiculous. As long as I have my local channels, Turner classic movies, history channel and Fox I’m fine. Well guess what no more Shop Lc!
When I realized it I laughed. I rarely watch and if I do I can watch on my IPad. Losing all the above channels saves me over $600 for the year. I’m happy with that!
3 x

WTFarmGirl

Re: Cable updated, No Shop Lc!

Post by WTFarmGirl » 5 months ago

$600???! Holy Moly! We don't have cable out here, and satellite is expensive too and honestly there was nothing we ever watched. We pay $50 for fiber speed internet at 700mg and that's IT (besides cell phones). We watch Netflix ($10/month) and YouTube sometimes. Otherwise our TV picks up most local channels. I do wish we had Fox though...
1 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 5 months ago

I have a roku device cost 20.00. a It has hundreds of free channels, only all shopping channels. I cut the dish cord, $80.00 a month, 960.00 a yr for basic channels plus equipment. Nuts. I didn't increase my internet speed (500 mbps). Its worth the 20.00.
1 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 5 months ago

Lacy — Is there a monthly service fee for Roku? Or is it a device you buy once and that’s it, using it is free? I hear people talking about it but I’ve never checked into it. Thanks!
0 x

Lacy

Spinoza, No. There is no monthly fee or the device itself. Just the purchase price. It's easy to set up. Shop around because they have different models. I bought the cheapest one. It works great. Most of the apps to stream are free. I do pay for a few apps/channels I like to watch. I think its 16.00 a month for 3 channels I used to watch on reg. TV. Look up online what roku offers for channels. I hope this helps.
2 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 5 months ago

Thanks, Lacy! Yes, that was a big help! 👍😁

Happy holidays! 😁✌️
0 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 5 months ago

Can you get live TV with a Roku...Direct TV streaming went from $54.00 a month to $81.00...I just watch ShopLC and YouTube
1 x

Lacy

CDK, you tube is on roku but I'm not sure it's free. Live tv, I get the news. But lc is free. I'd look it up.
2 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 5 months ago

@l@Lacy Thank you...I may buy it...Home Depot has them for 29.99...
1 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 5 months ago

I would imagine YouTube is free, and they do still offer their premium service. Otherwise there are always those external antennas . . . we use one in conjuction with our smart TV.
1 x