The imaginary Modani…

Spinoza

The imaginary Modani…

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

Did anyone else see a show about a week ago with Steve Cardone when he said Modani’s real name isn’t Modani? I believe he said the guy just picked out that name to use because he liked the sound of it better than his real name. Or was I hallucinating from lack of sleep? 🤔

What I do know is that no jeweler I’ve spoken to recognized the name Modani or has heard of Modani jewelry. Hmmm… 😳🤔

I also know the Modani jewels website has problems and is really not what I’d expect from some hot-shot, big name (supposedly) jeweler. It’s really very basic, as if designed by a low budget web designer, IMO. And as I said, it has problems and, even stranger, you can’t really order anything online. Very odd. I mean, why advertise your jewelry (for truly outrageous prices) on the internet if there’s no way to buy it online or speak to the owner?

Gee, almost seems like a fake website with inflated prices just so someone else’s prices look like great deals in comparison… 😳🫤🤔

Am I wrong about this??? 😳🤔😳🤔😳🤔
6 x

WTFarmGirl

Re: The imaginary Modani…

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

@Spinoza

Someone needs to copy this as it WILL get wiped, no doubt!

I ahve been researching this company for a while now. Besides what you pointed out, there are a few huge red flags.

1.) Their website ENGLISH is awful. I would have to assume that a 2nd (or third) generation immigrant would have perfect English. I know MANY MAANY who do. My video editor lives in Bangladesh. He speaks several languages and english is not his main one. However, you'd NEVER KNOW IT. He speaks and understands it perfectly. The Modani website appears to be written by someone who speaks English as a NON primary language, and if the "modani team" are in fact multi-generational immigrants, English should be their primary one.

2.) Their website CLAIMS that in 1996 the son decided to take the company to a whole new level. Interesting . . . there is NO RECORD ANYWHERE of them until 2018, almost 20 YEARS LATER. The US Patent office for Trademarks lists it at registered in 2018, and all their social media begins in 2018. They also announced a partnership with SLC in 2018/2019. So what did they DO for 20 years?

There is too much smoke and mirrors. There is NO PROBLEM with someone being a new company, but their story does NOT match the facts, and that IS a problem.

I had heard someone else say that Modani was their last name . . . so yet another smoke screen it seems.
7 x

Spinoza

@WTFarmGirl

Yes, the website would be an embarrassment to anyone who supposedly owns a multi-million (or multi-billion??) dollar business. And yep, I expect this post to be removed. Questioning or criticizing Modani is forbidden! 🤣🤣🤣 But at least it’s been up for a while and hopefully some people will do their own research into the Modani brand before simply trusting what some Modani-worshipping hosts say! 😁👍✌️
5 x

WTFarmGirl

I do agree they have nice designs though, although who's to say they are not copied from another designer??
3 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

I find it odd if Modani is this hoity toity designer with such wealthy clients, I'm sure their clientele wouldn't appreciate Modani selling to peasants on a low cost television show...It cheapens the brand...Once I spent 350.00 for a pair of True Religion jeans at Neiman Marcus...You can imagine my horror when I walked into a TJMaxx and they were also selling True Religion...
5 x

Spinoza

@CDK

You bring up an excellent point. If a businessman can sell something for, say, $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 to his filthy rich clientele, why in the world would he allow a low budget TV shopping channel to sell it to us peasants for, say, $999?

He’s losing a fortune in potential profit plus he’s ticking off his rich clientele who realize they were gouged! It makes no sense. Also, “Modani” or whatever his real name is, has no real store! No place where his fancy-schmancy jewelry can be displayed? Tiffany and Saks and other competitors have no problem showing off their wares! 🤔

So where does he keep his advertised high-priced inventory? A hidden warehouse in the woods? His basement? In an office safe? Or does he have cheap labor in India working in a sweatshop and stacking his products in shoe boxes until FedEx picks them up to be re-packaged and delivered? 🤣

Seriously, there’s something very odd (to say the least!) about the whole situation! 😳👀🙄😵💫🤔🤣✌️
5 x

WTFarmGirl

CDK wrote:
4 months ago
I find it odd if Modani is this hoity toity designer with such wealthy clients, I'm sure their clientele wouldn't appreciate Modani selling to peasants on a low cost television show...It cheapens the brand...Once I spent 350.00 for a pair of True Religion jeans at Neiman Marcus...You can imagine my horror when I walked into a TJMaxx and they were also selling True Religion...
Are those the western style jeans with lots of bling on them? I haven't been out to a store in a while, but years ago the consignment store had something like that and they too had a $350 original price and were selling at the store for $59.00. Nice looking jeans, I ALMOST bought some!

But your point is correct. Why do people buy Prada? Because it's a known name and they want people to know it's expensive. If Wal-Mart sold Prada, would people still be excited to buy it??
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 4 months ago

Excellent information everyone. Glad I got to read this one before it disappears, and I agree it certainly will. We all know it's all Smoke and Mirrors. Do you suppose Modani in Portuguese is another name for or "Tony" in English??? Lol
6 x

WTFarmGirl

@Lanai

You are killing me!

On another note, it seems SLC goes out of their way to support illegitimate companies.

Pelle anyone??

A quick search online shows they are an Austin TX company (possibly a child company of SLC) with a host of poor reviews of no tracking numbers and no sent products (sound familiar?)

Check them out on BBB 🤔
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 4 months ago

Interesting. Perhaps those handbags are made from those Texas Rattlers.....
2 x