Silver bar ring

Lacy

Silver bar ring

Post by Lacy » 4 months ago

Has anyone else bought a sterling bar ring? I received my ring today in 2 pieces. The bar wasn't attached to the band. I got a refund which I am happy about. Just beware the ring is flimsy and cheaply made. It's very thin. I don't think it could withstand daily wearing if it couldn't survive through shipping. It was in a plastic bag, and a velvet pouch. If you bought it, I hope you had a better experience.
4 x

CDK

Re: Silver bar ring

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

Ohhhh...how disappointing, I had similar experience with the 18k gold earrings I bought in the auctions...some were bent and smooshed with cheap rubber backs...They comes shaped as hearts, shamrocks etc...
1 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

CDK wrote:
4 months ago
Ohhhh...how disappointing, I had similar experience with the 18k gold earrings I bought in the auctions...some were bent and smooshed with cheap rubber backs...They comes shaped as hearts, shamrocks etc...
Wait, do you mean REAL 18K and not vermiel overlay?? OMG that would SUCK!

@Lacy How much did you pay for the ring? I hope it wasn't too much . . . was it the vermeil over silver? I saw those on TV right after the real gold ones . . . Some of their items are soldered together, I had bought a ring for my daughter of real aquamarine and when it arrived it looked VERY cheap, the mount barely hanging on the band. You could see the solder. I'd guess the same happened with your bar ring :(
1 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 4 months ago

That's ridiculous for them to be selling such poorly made jewelry. Don't the Host's repeatedly remind the viewers about how LC is the 2nd Largest Jewelry Manufacturer in the World. If, that is true then are they just using the Shopping Network as dumping ground for pieces that No Retailers would accept???
3 x