$ Auction items

CDK

Re: $ Auction items

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

@WTFarmGirl There is a woman in the auction who bids up the 2 carat Morganite over 700.00...Which makes no sense since the hosts have shown larger Morganites for 399.00..Crazy
1 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

That's just pure craziness. Morganite is not an expensive gemstone, and it's HARD to even find it in smaller sizes since it's usually a large rough stone, most people don't bother cutting it small.

Online I see it averaging less than $50/carat for SLC quality stones. Prices on it vary wildly though, depending on color, clarity and cut. Some colors fetch a LOT more, the ones that look almost like a Kunzite (very bright pink) go for more, as do the more vivid oranges.
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 4 months ago

I do know that many of the mines for Morganite no longer mine Morganite, those mines contained a metal that is widely used in cellphones. There is more profit in mining that particular metal than Morganite. I think it’s harder finding the deeper peachy colored large stones. I purchased a 18 carat rose gold ring from Dallas Prince Designs several years ago and it’s one of my favorites, a 6 carat emerald cut with a diamond halo and diamonds on the shank. It took me over 10 years to find the one I really liked so I splurged on myself! I would hate to try and purchase it today, it would be so much more expensive. I also bought a double row rose gold Morganite tennis bracelet from Chuck years ago when he was on Shop Hq it was a good deal, it’s gorgeous and very well made. I still have my eyes open though for a much larger Morganite stone!
3 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 4 months ago

Bella Wow! You lucky Girl.😊
3 x

Jonarts

Post by Jonarts » 3 months ago

Seems like the auction board is still plagued by fake names. Last week the one bidding up almost everything I was interested in was Rubeus Hagrid. All of you Harry Potter fans know who that is. Then this week it's Sirius' turn. Who will we get next, Harry himself? The prices are way over what you can buy the item on the regular site or just in general.
5 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 3 months ago

I’ve had a fair amount of luck winning auctions late at night. It probably won’t work on the nicest items because they attract plenty of bidders no matter what time. But I’ve won some nice rings (e.g, citrine) for just a dollar or two, plus shipping. And sometimes they either have reduced shipping or even free shipping! 😁 I’ve also won a few items other than jewelry and most were going for $20, or more, regular price! 😳 it takes patience and luck…and a night owl sleep pattern…but it’s kinda fun! 😁✌️
4 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 3 months ago

I stopped doing the Gemstone auctions when the fake bidders bid on the 1 carat AAA Morganite for over 700.00 when they sell a 5 carat AAAA Morganite on the show almost every weekend...
1 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 3 months ago

CDK wrote:
3 months ago
I stopped doing the Gemstone auctions when the fake bidders bid on the 1 carat AAA Morganite for over 700.00 when they sell a 5 carat AAAA Morganite on the show almost every weekend...
I won't do ANY gemstone I cannot see individually (like SLC does). Quality varies and what appears to be great in a photo can be otherwise in person. I only use dedicated gemstone sites if planning to buy online. Plus prices are FAR better and less BS.
0 x

RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday » 3 months ago

@ BostonIrish and others - I wish we could make direct contact because I am overrun with boxes and velvet bags. I put my jewelry into jewelry boxes. I bought several SLC velvety jewelry boxes in the various colors so all of my jewelry is color-coordinated same color box. I also transfer loose gemstones into my own gem jars in boxes with cutouts for the jars. Plus I have boxes from prior purchases at other networks.
Hey, @WTFarmGirl - wanna trade boxes for a Frenchton? :lol: I already have a Boston who would love a little buddy! :D
1 x