New host

Koalagirl

New host

Post by Koalagirl » 4 months ago

I guess Courtney will be taking Michele's place because they announced her as a new host this afternoon.

Hunter also had to make sure he showed his hairy chest during my lunch again today. He is so sickening. Wish he would leave. I know I turned the channel. I cannot listen to him at all. I usually like to see what they are selling, but I can no longer do that when he is on.

I have also noticed that they jack up the prices on items when its either free or reduced shipping. They had the same blanket I bought, but the price was $3.00 more than I paid with the free shipping.

Rant over. Happy Holidays.
6 x

Lacy

Re: New host

Post by Lacy » 4 months ago

I saw the show with Courtney too. I like her but she said Mr C is her mentor. Oh no ....

The thing is she sings her words like some other hosts. I hate that. I turned her off. Not a good start in my book. If she's going phoney so early, I just can't.
7 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 4 months ago

I’m sorry but if LC’s response to replacing Michele is with the model Courtney, I am not sold. I am not even that big of a fan of Michele, but she does have the background, personality and the gem knowledge to her credit. In the times I see/hear her, she is just mimicking whatever Kim and Chuck have already said. If anything, I think the other model
Stacy is an accredited aesthetician if I’m remembering correctly from watching her contribute to the presentations… I think she would be the better choice. Anyway, wishing her the best of luck and would hope that if she reads this board, DO NOT JUST COPY CHUCK. He is the biggest braggart and stretcher of truth that LC has
3 x

ExGemLover

Post by ExGemLover » 4 months ago

Where is Michele going and what happened to the hose Stacy that use to work here? I think Kim does fine when she is alone but when she is on with Chuck she just repeats everything Chuck says and sounds like a parrot, it drives me nuts, it's like she forgets how to be herself.I also am very tired of the host lying about what the item sold for in the past when they have clearance. Chuck and Kim saying items sold for $29.99 when I purchased them on under $10 Friday's. I told them they insult the regulars intelligence who know the prices. I agree also with them jacking up the price of the items when it is free shipping, we are still paying for the shipping.
6 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

I wish my TV got JTV . . . maybe it does . . . I'd have to go on a search through allll the smart TV channels and write a note of which channel it's on.

I might be done watching SLC if there's a new host singing words. My husband watches this HUGELY annoying girl on Tiktok who screech-sings everything she says (he watches just because it's so awful, but she's like Michelle and the whole thing is just an act), anyway, Miss C reminds me EXACTLY of her.

I popped on the other day and they were "attempting" to sell small cushion footstools. I was very interested as it'd make a great puppy photo prop! But I COULDN"T SEE THE PRESENTATION between C's screech singing her words and the stupid camera crew not showing anything usable in regards to price or info. I'm sure T has the exact same thing, but at least I could SEE IT.

I've never shopped at the J before, but it looks like I will be switching over in the New Year.

On a side note, I saw Tony selling with a few others, and he was getting IRATE at nothing selling . . . I have NO DOUBT that most of his sales were a result of being on air with Michelle. I have a feeling that SLC will really be losing a lot of $$$ by sending her off. They better hope another network doesn't pick her up..

On an unrelated note -

I finally received my 10K gold cross necklaces . . . they were, of course, MUCH smaller than shown on TV. On TV they looked to be 1.5 inches, in reality they were maybe .75 inches... But that's why I bought these and not the others, I KNEW whatever they showed was likely very tiny!
5 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 4 months ago

This is certain to annoy. Check out Coca Barbles on FB. :roll:
Last edited by Mapper 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

I’m not going to judge Courtney/Kourtney (not sure how she spells her name) at this early stage of her SLC hosting career. Right now I’m sure she’s just trying to figure out how different hosts use different ways to present items, etc. She seemed nice and friendly the little bit I saw of her so I’m fine with that. Of course I’ll miss Michele a lot but I’m not going to hold that against Courtney/Kourtney. I say let’s give her a chance to develop her own style and get used to everything. JMO! 😁✌️
6 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 4 months ago

I understand she's the new kid, sort of. She is a model and exercise trainer. I know, she's not screaming (yet). She has No knowledge of gemstones. Not that she can't learn but they boast about their knowledge all the time.

I can't stand when the hosts sing their words. Lola, Cheryl, Katie, now Courtney. I don't get it. Say your words! I'm not watching a talent show which they should be voted off of. It's not as funny to me as it is to them. Lately MUTE is my friend.

Hopefully chuck hasn't ruined her origionality with his styles and mentoring. Look what he did to Kim the parrot. I don't watch her for more than 5 mins.

As you said, hopefully she can find her own way. I hope that she DOESN'T copy all of the other hosts and their awful presentation habits and does her own thing.

But, why is Slc is hiring hosts who only look the part without a clue on gemstones to replace Michele? To Just mimic the other host instead of hiring someone who has experience.

Maybe no one wants the job. Wow. Nothing against Courtney, I looked her up. There's nothing about having experience as a host or gemstones. Lifestyle items I think she'll be fine.
Well, she gets a on the job training on live tv.

Note: other models who have attempted to the host position, didn't last. Even the new overnight hosts who were on for a hot minute, then gone.

Good luck Courtney. I hope I'm wrong for Courtney's sake.
5 x

RealChristiansLovesAll

Post by RealChristiansLovesAll » 4 months ago

Koalagirl wrote:
4 months ago
I guess Courtney will be taking Michele's place because they announced her as a new host this afternoon.

Hunter also had to make sure he showed his hairy chest during my lunch again today. He is so sickening. Wish he would leave. I know I turned the channel. I cannot listen to him at all. I usually like to see what they are selling, but I can no longer do that when he is on.

I have also noticed that they jack up the prices on items when its either free or reduced shipping. They had the same blanket I bought, but the price was $3.00 more than I paid with the free shipping.

Rant over. Happy Holidays.
As long as a host is not a major fanboy of Trump (like Chuck Clemency), I'm ok with them.
4 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

Just want to add, I’m not sure Courtney/Kourtney was hired to “replace” Michele. I think she was hired because SLC is going to be short at least one host now, but that doesn’t mean Courtney/Kourtney was hired to showcase gems or to deal with the obnoxious, blowhard, rude, condescending T.D.! She may float around and fill in wherever needed due to vacations, illness, emergencies, etc. Someone else may get stuck dealing with the arrogant, self-promoting T.

Personally, I hope it’s a guy that gets paired with T so we can see how T deals every show with the same person he doesn’t automatically feel superior to! In fact, I really hope it’s Steve C! Tony will be bragging, rambling, interrupting and talking down to viewers (“Do you understand?”) while Steve goes on and on, also interrupting, and talking non-stop about the same old things ad nauseam! (Yes, I know it won’t ever be Steve C. That would be pairing two “experts” who can’t stop bragging, exaggerating, telling people how long they’ve been dealing with rich clientele and high-end jewelry and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! )

Meanwhile, I hope everyone gives Courtney/Kourtney a chance to settle in and be herself. She’s young and new. Anyone else remember how it was when they just started out in a new job? 🤔
4 x