Post by Mapper » 4 months ago

Penelope~Pit~Stop wrote:
4 months ago
Mapper wrote:
4 months ago
This is certain to annoy. Check out Coca Barbles on FB. :roll:
@Mapper ....
I checked it out, and it was weird to say the least
Why do I say this? it's because she is using a fake name and yet promoting herself as a ShopLC new Host
I am hoping she will be okay and do a good job
Not only is it weird, the first part of the name "Coca" is a shrub grown for it's leaves which are the source of cocaine. Who does that?
4 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Re: New host

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 4 months ago

RealChristiansLovesAll......

Wrote: "As long as a host is not a major fanboy of Trump (like Chuck Clemency), I'm ok with them."

ALRIGHT NOW:...I have been away from the forum for over a week cause I am so busy but finally found time to visit today
Then I choose to read this blog and I am going to have to jump into this comment!!
What in the heck are you trying to start?
This forum has had enough craziness and drama without adding politics to the mix :cry:

I am a proud Maga Republican and to call someone a "fanboy" is really showing ignorance with a little "woke" mentality thrown in for good measure!
You might want to learn that actually Rico Sauve's (a.k.a. CC) son Blake is the actual follower of President Trump :)

Since I can't stand to watch Rico for more than 5 minutes I can't say if he has ever shown any favoritism towards Trump but so what if he did?
How does a conversation about the New Host twist around to someone spewing hateful finger pointing?

We members here are from all different walks of life and we share our opinions and they may differ from mine but I still like chatting with them, enjoy reading their comments and opinions and we all share the love/hate relationship with ShopLC :lol:

So lighten up, read the forum rules and please stop trying to pass yourself off as a Christian because your behavior shows otherwise :cry:
8 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 4 months ago

I hate change...ShopLC will be less entertaining without Michelle...
13 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

I really don’t care what name Courtney uses on Facebook or anywhere else. She also clearly posts her real name and where she works so she’s not trying to deceive anyone or hide anything. (Fwiw, I suspect it’s just a joke or maybe a nickname someone gave her for reason(s) unknown to us.)

Anyway, all I care about is what kind of host she’ll be on SLC. So far I like her based on the limited amount of time I’ve seen her, so I wish her the best of luck. 😁👍✌️
2 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 4 months ago

Spinoza, I appreciate your positivity and encouragement regarding this topic.

If I can further elaborate on some of my concern with this new “announcement” as others have said it was treated on-air (I didn’t see it myself)… others have made a good point: Courtney may be nice and friendly in her disposition, but outwardly saying that Chuck is her mentor raises a big red flag for the viewers who see him for the “huckster” he is. I understand Chuck has a storied background in gems and jewelry but he rarely ever imparts any of that insight during his shows. His commentary is always more of the “pushy” stories and hype rather than good quality knowledge to empower us to feel good about our purchase. So that does concern me that Courtney is not really learning the details and logistics of the products, but more how to hyping you up into buying whatever she’s selling.

OK, my next point relates to overall newness of a host. I watch mostly QVC, ShopHQ and LC. If you watch QVC you have seen they have been hiring a lot of new hosts to their staff over the past year or 18 months. None of which come from any sales or other shopping channel background (at least from what I understand). So Courtney is one and the same with the newbies over on other networks. However, I would say that LC is different from the other channels because one of the main talking (pushy) points many of the LC hosts make is that they KNOW what they are talking about. You’ve heard LC hosts say ad nauseum that among them they are: Gem hunter, private client jewelry broker, former sales people at the high-end retail jewelers and designers, formerly of other networks, certified gemologists (or accredited in some form), designers of their own lines, gem/jewelry business owners themselves, etc. You get the picture. There aren’t that many QVC hosts or other network presenters who are so h*ll-bent on making sure you know they are credible. They usually leave that to the brand representative. So all in all, my point is that Courtney’s lack of “credentials” is going to result in her repeating the talking points of her mentor Chuck and others… which ultimately devalues what the “experts” that LC employs because hey… if anyone can memorize what Chuck says, then anyone can be a host off the street! And what good is having all of these so- called experts on this channel if you don’t need to actually own the knowledge you speak in front of the camera. I do wish Courtney all the best and hope she does choose to educate herself and not from the School of Chuck for her own sake (and ours too LOL).
6 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

@joshuatheemerald ....

Oh my goodness, I meant to reply to you yesterday about your fabulous comments regarding this drama we are having with the computer glitches etc.
My mind is wandering but I love the way you make it perfectly clear about CC and his antics, also on how you felt that this mess was created to take our minds off the reason why we are here: to discuss our likes and dislikes of the ShopLC and the personal :lol:

It's apparent that a couple of Hosts have some "pull" with IT techs because of the rapid way many posts were taken down!
I agree with your feelings about Courtney having Rico Suave being her Mentor, good grief!!
It's creepy in my opinion and she is going to be sorry

Hope you had a great holiday and looking forward to the New Year :)
3 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Joshuatheemerald wrote:

"You’ve heard LC hosts say ad nauseum that among them they are: Gem hunter, private client jewelry broker, former sales people at the high-end retail jewelers and designers, formerly of other networks, certified gemologists (or accredited in some form), designers of their own lines, gem/jewelry business owners themselves, etc. You get the picture. There aren’t that many QVC hosts or other network presenters who are so h*ll-bent on making sure you know they are credible."

HE GOT THIS PERFECTLY.....LOL
I can't stop laughing :lol: Thanks for the giggles :)
It's so true though, how many other shopping network Hosts brag on and on about their past?
In my opinion some of them are inflating their background
1 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

@joshuatheemerald and @Penelope-Pit-Stop

I agree with so much both of you have written! 🤣 👍😁

The bragging gets so redundant, it does make you wonder how much is embellished and maybe even scripted for them! And it’s clear the boasting is done intentionally to make you fully trust what they’re saying about the prices and quality of whatever product they’re hawking at the moment. 🙄 🤣

In the end, they’re all just used car salesmen, often pretending that they have to get their boss’s okay to drop the price or make this one-time-only special deal. 🤣 Meanwhile we all know the final prices are decided on before show time! However, some hosts are more entertaining and/or pleasant to listen to than others. (We all have our own list of favorites and least favorites.) The one line that makes me laugh the most is when Ankur “unexpectedly” shows up, takes over and proceeds to say “I just want to tell you one thing” about a hundred times! 🤣😁✌️
5 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Spinoza wrote:

"The one line that makes me laugh the most is when Ankur “unexpectedly” shows up, takes over and proceeds to say “I just want to tell you one thing” about a hundred times!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Isn't this the truth! I like him but it's almost embarrassing that he is involved with the Reindeer games!
This company is supposed to be the second largest one in the world from what the Host are always spewing
So why dumb it down with such silly and ridiculous sales tactics?
5 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

Tony was on with Becky last night . . . and we are already off and rolling with his grumpiness!

He was NOT having any of it, and poor Katie could feel his wrath across the screen. He said next to nothing other than "ladies and gentlemen we are moving on."

As mentioned previously, he sold GOBS when working with Michelle, and ONLY because she had a massive fan club. It's not that Becky is bad, but people just don't like Tony and he was ONLY tolerable when working with Michelle. Now that's she's not paired with him and gone, he's intolerable.

And Michelle made him ALMOST likeable. Now he's back to being Grumpus.
5 x