Community Board Hacked?

colljoe

Community Board Hacked?

Post by colljoe » 4 months ago

Check out the "Views" column. They are up in the thousands and I've been watching it go up and up when I keep refreshing. Someone must be messing around in here. Strange!
2 x

Spinoza

Re: Community Board Hacked?

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

Hmm. Why would a “hacker” bother with the views total? 🤣 It’s a meaningless stat. It’s probably just a programming glitch. The SLC website has tons of issues/problems. They need to hire programmers who aren’t high school students just learning to code and working for free!
2 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 4 months ago

Looks like the beginning of a DDoS attack - A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is a malicious attempt to disrupt normal traffic to a web property. Flooding the website with traffic would crash it and make it inaccessible.
2 x

Spinoza

I sincerely doubt that. The only thing that’s messed up is the views count on the community board and it’s not flooded. A few thousand extra views numbers means nothing.

Why is this community board always so obsessed with conspiracy theories and such? People love to accuse others of secretly being someone other than who they say they are. A simple glitch is a hacker attack to make the SLC site crash? Jeez, people. Don’t pull a muscle jumping to conclusions. 🤣🤣🤣 Let’s try using Occam’s razor: basically, the simplest explanation should be the preferred one. So unless the web site crashes or the views count affects something other than a worthless stat on the bulletin board, let’s relax. JMO! ✌️
3 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

I will throw this out there:

I guess SLC hosts can now VIEW the number of people watching their show. The other day Cheryl said it was 17,000.

I'd REALLY be skeptical on that (it would indicate their sales numbers are AWFUL if 17,000 are watching at any given moment).

If 17,000 WERE watching, you could guess that maybe 1/4 would hit the website? And of THOSE maybe 1/4 would hit the website?? so...... maybe 1,000?
0 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 4 months ago

colljoe wrote:
4 months ago
Check out the "Views" column. They are up in the thousands and I've been watching it go up and up when I keep refreshing. Someone must be messing around in here. Strange!
It's odd though . . . only CERTAIN posts are cranked up . . . maybe they are running a new spy bot that is tracking certain "trigger words" and will swing the ax when enough are found . . . Strangely, the Modani post hasn't climbed, and that should have been a hot topic..
0 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 4 months ago

WTFarmGirl
Even my free shipping post has climbed to 366 in 2 hrs. Not normal.
1 x

Spinoza

I think Cheryl misspoke. The number of viewers has to be much higher at any given time. SLC is carried by a ton of stations now, and no station is going to carry programs that would each only have a fraction of a national/international viewer total that low! In any case, that has nothing to do with the community board views.

I still say the whole thing is just a simple website glitch of some kind, not a hacker, or a spy, or space aliens, or secret government mind control activities! 🤣🤣🤣
1 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 4 months ago

Spinoza wrote:
4 months ago
I sincerely doubt that. The only thing that’s messed up is the views count on the community board and it’s not flooded. A few thousand extra views numbers means nothing.

Why is this community board always so obsessed with conspiracy theories and such? People love to accuse others of secretly being someone other than who they say they are. A simple glitch is a hacker attack to make the SLC site crash? Jeez, people. Don’t pull a muscle jumping to conclusions. 🤣🤣🤣 Let’s try using Occam’s razor: basically, the simplest explanation should be the preferred one. So unless the web site crashes or the views count affects something other than a worthless stat on the bulletin board, let’s relax. JMO! ✌️

Excuse me. You were the 1st to respond to the post and you were the 1st to sow the "Hacker" seed. I am not obsessed with conspiracy theories. I was a Field Engineer in Information Technology for over 25 years. If I had to explain my initial response further...you obviously wouldn't understand.You may want to apply ice/heat on that pulled muscle of yours. Have a great day!
Last edited by Mapper 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 4 months ago

I tried using the online chat feature I cannot “send” a message. Weird.
0 x