$4.99 Shipping

Post by BostonIrish » 4 months ago

What is with 4.99 shipping they can keep it!🙄
6 x

Penelope~Pit~Stop

Re: $4.99 Shipping

Post by Penelope~Pit~Stop » 4 months ago

Good morning BostonIrish....

I figured they would get back ALL the money they supposedly lost when giving the customers free shipping or the low $1.99 and $2.99 rates
Typical shopping channel B*

What cracks me up are the high dollar jewelry items they were selling last night with "Mechanical Matt"
I bet before he goes on he rehearses his vocabulary for the show because he is so Robotic in everything he does
Bet if he turned around we would see a wind up key in his back

Not trying to be negative but he has changed so much from the casual nice Host who was down to Earth when he first started :(
4 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 4 months ago

When Matt & Marva, or M & M he calls it were doing their show last night & showing the resin crystal paintings he kept talking about his friends in the art world. If he is all that, why is he pushing jewelry on a home shopping network. Those 2 together have to be the most boring show hosts ever, don't you think. It just turns my stomach, can not watch them. If people would stop buying or slow it down they might get the hint & do something about the shipping. All of those $3,000 RINGS THEY CAN AFFORD FREE SHIPPING EVERY DAY, OR AT LEAST COMBINED SHIPPING, THAT IS WHAT WE NEED TO FIGHT FOR. Just sit & think about home shopping networks. I would say that at least 80% of what we buy on them we do NOT NEED. They are dangled in front of us like a mouse dangled in front of a cat. Just think of the money we would save if we did not watch them. YOU KNOW THE SAYING, OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND. THE ONLY TIME WE MIGHT SAVE MONEY IS IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING & THINK I AM GOING TO THE STORE TODAY TO BUY A DIAMOND RING. BUT YOU DO NOT GO, YOU DO NOT TURN ON A SHOPPING NETWORK , & AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU DID NOT BUY THE DIAMOND RING, YOU SAVED MONEY. iF WE DID NOT WATCH THESE WE WOULD SAVE SO MUCH MONEY. THERE ARE WEEKS I DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM SLC, I HAVE SAVED MONEY & I DO NOT MISS ANY THING I DID NOT BUY. " IT IS ALL IMPULSE BUYING, THAT IS ALL IT IS."
1 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 4 months ago

The regular shipping policy sucks. That’s why I only buy items that have free shipping or when my total qualifies me for free shipping.

If Temu can ship for free from China, SLC can ship for free too. 😡
4 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 4 months ago

Spinoza, I agree.
Shipping is free today through tv app. on roku.

Happy shopping
1 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 3 months ago

@CaribbeanGirl

So very correct. I often think about that too. I am MORE APT to buy something from TV than I am in a store. BUT, with that said, I don't buy most of what I like. If something strikes me as the perfect gift for a family member (and I'm awful about remembering birthdays), then I'll get it and set it away.

Or if it's an item I had wished I had not so long ago, then I'll get it. Two examples were a gold necklace (I have LOTTTTS of silver but wanted some real gold, something delicate but simple) and some cheap bling for the puppy photoshoots. My last shoot I realized I had a lot of silver SLC bracelets as bling, and only one rose gold. And the rose gold loooked STUNNING on a few of the puppy colors, and since puppies all have slightly different sized necks, having a few options of different sizes is nice.

And since Carl and Ginger had a "date" over Christmas, there will be another puppy photoshoot this spring :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x