Heliodor

Lacy

Heliodor

Post by Lacy » 3 months ago

Has anyone purchased the heliodor from SLC? Not the beads, but rings, pendants or earrings.
3 x

christee

Re: Heliodor

Post by christee » 3 months ago

I have a bracelet (Premium Multi Beryl Tennis Bracelet in Vermeil Rose Gold Over Sterling Silver) with the matching ring and earrings. The heliodor is nice however it looks very similar a Brazilian golden apatite ring I also bought from SLC.
1 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 3 months ago

Lacy — I purchased a heliodor ring a few months ago. Very pretty with plenty of sparkle and clarity! My only disappointment was because the stone seemed a little smaller than it looked on TV. (Imagine that! 🤣)

What’s amusing is that I looked for the ring today to see what the price is now and I found that it’s on clearance — with the “regular” price listed as higher than it was when I bought it. 🤣 On top of that, the “clearance” price is higher than what I paid too! 🤣

So, I give a “thumb’s up” to heliodor itself but I have no idea if the prices now are good deals or not. 🤔 Good luck! 😁✌️
1 x

Lacy

Thanks for the responses Christie & Spinoza. The stone looks pretty. I don't own one yet....LC had it for 49.00 the other day. It's higher now. Maybe after the clearance, no return policy ends. Other channels have heliodor for around the same price. I'll keep window shopping.
1 x

TN

Post by TN » 3 months ago

I have a 5.84 carat loose heliodor purchased from ShopLoudCheryl and it’s quite beautiful. I’m surprised heliodor isn’t a more popular stone.
4 x

Spinoza

TN —

It really is a beautiful stone and I wondered the same thing regarding its popularity. I purchased mine the first time I saw it on SLC and thought I just must have somehow missed it being shown before. It quickly sold out. But then I didn’t see any again for quite a while even though it seems like just about every other stone is shown on a daily basis. 😐

Maybe it’s too difficult to find quantities large enough for SLC to bother with. 🤔 And of course it’s not as profitable for them as gold, diamonds, rubies, etc.

Besides, they have to push and worship the overpriced Modani jewelry. And they also have make sure Tony Baloney can push his never-ending supply of Tanzanite and tell us how every single piece is the best he’s EVER seen and/or how we’ll NEVER a see the pieces or prices again…until the next show, and the next, and the next, and… 🤣🤣🤣
0 x

Lacy

Spinoza, TN, christee,
I love beryl stones. I have beads but they are cloudy, but pretty. Heliodor is one I don't have in a clean, clear stone. I am looking at other sites as well. I'll probably treat myself. I looked up the bracelet you purchased on SLC Christee,its beautiful.
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 3 months ago

ShopLoudCheryl that was a good one TN!
3 x

Spinoza

I got a chuckle out of ShopLoudCheryl too! 🤣
2 x

HS

Post by HS » 3 months ago

I've never seen faceted Heliodor in person but would love to own it someday. It's much more affordable than natural yellow sapphire of large carat weight, that's for sure.

I'm surprised it's not as popular, and expensive as morganite, another beryl gemstone.
1 x