Back to business… Clearance items

Spinoza

Back to business… Clearance items

Post by Spinoza » 3 months ago

I’ve seen quite a few items for clearance that I never saw before. Seems like SLC is really reaching deep to clear out old items that were buried for a while. Some were actually quite nice! (Not all were jewelry items though most were.) Happy bargain basement hunting! 😁✌️
0 x

Lacy

Re: Back to business… Clearance items

Post by Lacy » 3 months ago

Spinoza,
I see alot of Silvertone and gold tone items in this clearance. For more than they should be charging for mystery metal and "tone", IMO.

I'm personally not a fan of "tone" coatings. I bought a quartz stone pendant in tone and it peeled right off the stone. Learned my lesson.

With necklaces, I found that the "tone" just wears off too easily.

I watch for the silver items for gifts. As long as the prices are reasonable.
3 x

Spinoza

Lacy —

Now that you mention it, there have been a lot of “tones” in the clearance and you can bet the mystery metals are probably the cheapest, weakest fillers possible. 🫤

Like you, I prefer solid metals because I’ve had probs with coatings peeling off and/or wearing off quickly and easily. The coating on one ring wore off after wearing it just twice! Gimme the good stuff even if it costs more. I buy jewelry to own it, not to just rent it for a while! 😁✌️
0 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 3 months ago

My thoughts on this is I think they get in a bunch of cheap items in before the sale & they make you think you are getting a great deal. The hosts go over board talking about it like they are talking about the hope diamond. I think they would sell many more items if they had more budget pays, I mean how many times a day can you shell out $15.00 for mystery metal items & also pay the shipping. We are seeing many items that is made in Brazil, WHO CARES where it is made, I guess we are suppose to thank Tony for this, NO THANK YOU. Most people are going to work 1 hour or more for a $15.00 item, NOT ME. I do not use credit cards either, I could not see using a credit card for mystery metal or tone. It is not a sale in my eyes. I could be wrong but I think they are making a killing during these sales, again I could be wrong. I also think they are a fool for not doing more budget pays, people that can not afford to shell out $15.00 all day could buy more items that way. I do not see why they can not have 6 budget pays. Other home shopping networks do. But it seems like Shop LC is so backwards. Like the clothing, I think most of it looks like something women in India would wear. Some of it looks nice but it is not my cup of tea. I did hear some news, Hunter loves terahertz right? I heard he is having a car & bed made out of it!
5 x

Spinoza

CaribbeanGirl —

OMG, I almost spit out my coffee when I read that Hunter wants to make a bed and a car out of Terahertz! 🤣

I really like Terahertz buuuuuuut…I sure hope that’s a joke! 🤣😁✌️
1 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 months ago

@CaribbeanGirl You are so right: Dresses are not for western style tastes, they are more for Indian women style. I don’t like their one size fits most in any of their apparel. As for their kaftans, I bought one for me and 2 for my daughters, they are just to be worn at home and as a cover at the pool. They have nice colors but I wouldn’t go out wearing them. Having said that, I am aware that everyone has different preferences and habits, so I just spoke for myself.
1 x