Hmmm. This is interesting…!

Spinoza

Hmmm. This is interesting…!

Post by Spinoza » 3 months ago

Just did a search for a 10K 18 inch gold rope. Along with other ropes of various weights, these items all came up… ALL are 10k gold ropes of the EXACT same length and weight…but the prices are different! 🤔🙄😡

Item #7618654:

10K Yellow Gold 1.5mm Rope Chain Necklace 18 Inches 1.30 Grams

4.1 star rating 62 Reviews | Write a Review
Est Ret Val: $749.99

Est Savings: 87%
$99.99

Item #7508015:

10K Yellow Gold 1.5mm Rope Chain Necklace 18 Inches 1.30 Grams

4.3 star rating 7 Reviews | Write a Review
Est Ret Val: $649.99

Est Savings: 82%
$119.99

Item #7555042:

10K Yellow Gold 1.5mm Rope Chain Necklace 18 Inches 1.3 Grams

4.6 star rating 14 Reviews | Write a Review
Est Ret Val: $799.99

Est Savings: 82%
$144.99

When Bald Steve says (about 100 times every show🙄) “We have no competition!”, I guess he doesn’t know that SLC competes with itself! 🤣 I can’t believe there isn’t some kind of cross-check built into the system to prevent this sort of thing from happening! (Obviously the items are from different shows on different days.) 😳🙄

Dunno what SLC spends all of its budget on but, once again, the technology & programming they use sure is lacking! You can either save yourself up to $45 by picking the right item or cost yourself an extra $45 by picking the wrong one! 🤣😁✌️
2 x

christee

Re: Hmmm. This is interesting…!

Post by christee » 3 months ago

Glad you discovered a multiple listing with varying price of same item. I've never encountered this even though I do specific product searches often.
Don't forget the promo code game they play, I bet a code doesn't work for all 3 listings of the same gold rope. They block codes for items recently aired.
Speaking of Bald Steve, he's on now and was just on only 12hrs ago with Deanna. He seems like a nice guy but his constant interrupting and repetitve sales pitch needs to be addressed.
3 x

Spinoza

I suspect you’re right about the promo codes. 🫤 And I bet there are also other items listed more than once yet with different prices. I just stumbled upon these by accident! I also found something else that looks suspicious about gold chains but I want to do a little more investigating before I post something. 🫤

Oh, the games SLC plays…whether on purpose or even if by accident…🙄🫤😡
1 x

William

Post by William » 3 months ago

WOW Thats REALLY Goofy !!!!

To Be FAIR --- Having worked in the retail field in the past--- All 3 of these SAME pieces have Different SKU's or Item Numbers--- They may have been aquired at different times EVEN Though they are the SAME ITEM! That MAY affect the price----as Gold is a commodity and the price is set---sometimes by date--- which means ShopLC MAY have paid a different price for each chain even though they are the same???

Anyway --- That IS Goofy and the lesson is that the customer should ALWAYS search the site to check for this situation --- with ANY item! Thank You Spinoza for shining a light on this!

I Hope Everyone are WELL!!!! Thanks All !!! ----------------------- William
2 x

Spinoza

Thanks, William! 👍😁 Yep, I was thinking along the same lines, i.e., they’re items from different shows and different times, etc.

But the bottom line is that the chain are (supposedly!) all the same karat, length and grams so they should all be sold at the same price NOW. So we’ll see if SLC even notices; I don’t think they have much of a system in place to correct things like this from happening, so…? 🫤 I just feel sorry for anyone who pays $45 (plus tax) more than someone else for the exact same type of necklace.☹️

Anyway, thanks for your input and have a great day! 😁✌️
1 x

Spinoza

Welp, looks like SLC realized item #7555042 was too much of a difference compared to the other two 10k 18” gold ropes. (which are still listed at different prices!) That item is now gone from inventory! 🤣

But here’s another doozie: Items #4207238 and #4246797 both list pairs of 10K gold ropes. The first item is for two 18” necklaces, the second is for one 18” necklace and one 20” necklace. The difference in gram weight is just .1 gram tw. But the first pair will cost you $249.99 while the second pair (the pair with the extra .1 gram tw) will cost you $369.99! 😳

That’s a whopping $120 difference for just an extra .1 gram of 10k gold! 🤪 Sheeeeeesh! 😡

Addendum: I just double-checked the item numbers and prices and the cheaper pair is now listed as “out of stock”. 🤣
1 x

Spinoza

Just rechecked all the items I listed. They’ve all been changed in price, or are now out of stock, or there’s no longer a listing at all. 🤣

Maybe SLC will keep better track of things now. (Or not! 🤣) I’d bet those weren’t the only multiple listings for the same item that had different prices on each listing. We shall see… 👀🤞😁✌️
0 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 2 months ago

SLC has been playing that pricing game for many years. That's what happens when dealing with a "Smoke and Mirrors" Company.
2 x