Why?

Koalagirl

Why?

Post by Koalagirl » 2 months ago

Just curious, why do they put clothes on models that too small and expect people to buy them? I happened to see who was hosting and Lolo was modeling a long dress with Mallory today. The dress on Mallory was very tight looking and there was no way she would be able to close that jacket she had on. She claims she is a 1x size, well I am a plus size person and there us no way she is that small.
6 x

Bella

Re: Why?

Post by Bella » 2 months ago

Almost every shopping channel when they have a model wearing a jacket especially a moto style jacket it is always too small. There is no way that they could zip them up! I think it’s because they feel it looks stylish or they don’t want to admit they need a larger size, even so, it doesn’t help when you’re wondering about a size for yourself! Models should wear the size that fits them correctly.
3 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 2 months ago

They have been doing this for a long time. The difference is that not being able to close a jacket, the clothing is 3 sizes too small. It's not the models fault. It is SLC to not have the correct size for her. Make her wear something that is not flattering to her curves. It's shameful.
2 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Glad to see I’m not the only one who notices the modeling issues. One of the reasons I’ve never ordered clothing from SLC is because they usually say the clothing runs “true to size” then they show models who don’t fit in the items. 🫤🤔🤣
Last edited by Spinoza 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 2 months ago

I have wondered the same thing also. Mallory ALWAYS says she wears a size XL. The dress she was modeling today Lolo said it was a ONE SIZE FITS ALL (NOT) ! So if Mallory wears a size XL, & Lolo says the dress is ONE SIZE FITS ALL, I thought the dress she was modeling looked pretty tight on her to me. The hosts just keep telling stories, how can they sleep at night knowing they are miss guiding customers. Say a customer wears a size 2x & & orders the dress. It most likely it will be too small for them, this ONE SIZE FITS ALL NEEDS TO LEAVE THE BUILDING. According to SLC it is great if it fits you, & who cares if it does not. It is NOTHING TO THEM. If they do have ONE SIZE FITS ALL ,(((( THEY COULD AT LEAST MEASURE THE ITEM .))))) I GUESS THEY ARE TOO BUSY TELLING STORIES ABOUT IT. How long could it take to measure the bust, hips, & lenght, they dont want you to wonder if it will fit, they just want you to buy it.
4 x

pattyvic

Post by pattyvic » 2 months ago

Totally agree...I've wanted to say something about this for awhile....the Models look so uncomfortable in these tight ill * clothes....put them in their proper size thy will look so much more comfortable.
2 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

@pattyvic

Amen! I actually feel bad for the models because they have to pretend the clothing is nice, yet they’re obviously not wearing the proper size or making it look as good as it could! 🫤
1 x