Models

Lacy

Models

Post by Lacy » 2 months ago

I know this topic was. Started on another thread. I can't find it. We all know slc usually catered to small clothes sizes and the clothes Don't always fit the model (snug).

The Q has denim & co. clearance. On with 2 models, different ages, sizes, not snug or tight. They look nice and comfortable. They are making the point to say that it's not tight. Just flattering. Such a nice change. Easy to watch or background sound.

1 host, 1 guest, nice clothes. Quick presentation, no yelling. Yes, it's not 20.00 but it's not poor quality.

Lc is not the place to buy clothes.
Plus models should not be told to wear reg. sizes. It's not fair to her.
6 x

Koalagirl

Re: Models

Post by Koalagirl » 2 months ago

@Lacy That is exactly what I was trying to say in the thread I started (WHY). As a plus person, I find it very discouraging to see a plus model unable to button/zipper a jacket or the item is so snug it isn't comfortable looking.
1 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 2 months ago

Hello all,

Behind on all the posts, just haven't had the time. I have to comment on the subject of "One Size Fits All" Clothing and SLC's Clothing. It goes both ways as far as Sizing Issues. I am Petite and XXS, XS or Small depending on the Brand. It is hard to find clothing that fits without having to get it altered. SLC has poor quality clothing anyway. As far as TV Shopping Networks go: QVC, HSN and ShopHQ has always offered a variety of sizes for all as well as the Hosts and Models all vary in Sizes. I liked Hannah but as far as her supposedly being the SLC Fashion Expert, she certainly did a poor job, in my opinion.
She would talk about going to Fashion Shoots and Shows but Basically the Clothing offered by SLC has been Kaftans, Ponchos and Tacky Faux Fur Products or out of date items that SLC purchased extremely cheap from another Company. She Never had any measurements on anything and Karen would have to ask her to please get the Measurements.
I remember one time she was Measuring the outside of the Pants to get the Measurements of an Inseam and Karen had to kindly, gently guide her as to where and how to measure Clothing Items properly. She supposedly came there after having worked at QVC as a Fashion Expert. I am aware that rarely are the Measurements given by the other Hosts but the other Hosts were not supposed to have a Degree in Fashion and Own a Modeling Agency. Just how much of the same poor quality cheap clothing can a Company push on Customers?? As far as Courtney goes, she hasn't been given any proper training as a Host , and she still acts like a Model because that has been her position with the Company for several years. Heather was a previous Model with the Company but also was attending Courses and received her Gemology Certification, she spoke about wearing her Moissanite Earrings and the sparkle they were were giving off as she walked across the stage at Graduation. Courtney has kind of just been thrown in there to be a Host, which is not fair to her or the Customers. Just stating my opinion.
5 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 2 months ago

@Lanai

I think what you are saying is quite fair. I haven't seen much of Courtney, but would still prefer her to many other hosts at this moment in time.

I definitely would not consider Hannah a fashion forward type of girl, and DEFINITELY not SLC, lol.
PS- you need to look into Thredup online . . . it's like the Goodwill for high fashion on the internet so it's used clothing but most things are absurdly inexpensive AND they give the measurements ;) Although not fully accurate, but $8 for a pair of name brand jeans in perfect shape is worth the risk. Since your size is so small, you'd have lots of luck on there ;)

I dropped $87 during their sale (free shipping and 40% off) I bought one perfect pair of skinny jeans, 4 pair of dress pants (one fit well, two way too large and one needed a tiny pleat in the hips I will happily add) and four dressy shirts (two fit great and two a tiny bit large but could pull it off).

But they have some STUNNING designer items on there too!

And yes, they DO have plus sizes, although since MOST of their clothes from from young women, I don't know how much they have in larger sizes (but I have seen it).
3 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 months ago

Lc is definitely not a reference for buying clothing.Their Tamsy and Vinlar are cheap polyester or rayon fabrics,their successful kaftans are just lounge robes for indoors. I bought some but just as covering dresses for swimming or for stay at home.The Indian fashion style and their quality in clothing is not suitable for the American market.
2 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 2 months ago

WTFarmGirl wrote:
2 months ago
@Lanai

I think what you are saying is quite fair. I haven't seen much of Courtney, but would still prefer her to many other hosts at this moment in time.

I definitely would not consider Hannah a fashion forward type of girl, and DEFINITELY not SLC, lol.
PS- you need to look into Thredup online . . . it's like the Goodwill for high fashion on the internet so it's used clothing but most things are absurdly inexpensive AND they give the measurements ;) Although not fully accurate, but $8 for a pair of name brand jeans in perfect shape is worth the risk. Since your size is so small, you'd have lots of luck on there ;)

I dropped $87 during their sale (free shipping and 40% off) I bought one perfect pair of skinny jeans, 4 pair of dress pants (one fit well, two way too large and one needed a tiny pleat in the hips I will happily add) and four dressy shirts (two fit great and two a tiny bit large but could pull it off).

But they have some STUNNING designer items on there too!

And yes, they DO have plus sizes, although since MOST of their clothes from from young women, I don't know how much they have in larger sizes (but I have seen it).
WTFarmGirl,

Hello,
Thanks for the info. I will go to the website and check it out when I have plenty of time to look at things. I've seen their ads but never have tried them out. I left a message on a different post - I should be able to get the info previously discussed this week.
1 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 2 months ago

You can also go to you tube & watch Thread up un boxings, you can get a idea of what they are like. There are several you tubers that buy the designer boxes, & the fun boxes. We have Roku & watch a lot of you tube.They have every thing on there. Recipes, Thread up un boxings, Goodwill un boxings, crafts,Temu un boxings, & any thing else you want to see, how to take care of plants, you name it. TV programs also. I watch more you tube than any other TV, & yes even SLC. I am also plus size & the few times I have seen a item of clothing on SLC that I think I would like but it is either One Size Fits All, or would only go up to a size XL. When you have something that I think would fit it looks like something a women from India would wear. I am not putting the women in iNDIA DOWN, but i am not a woman from india & do not want to look like i am. we want American looking clothing, in regular American sizing PLEASE. The clothing made in China & sent here does NOT LOOK LIKE CHINESE CLOTHING. Also when you have regular sized clothing it is usually up to a size XL. What is up with that, you know there are MANY WOMEN THAT WEAR LARGER SIZE THAN XL!!!! ONE MORE THING THAT I DO NOT LIKE. YOU NEVER HAVE ANY WIDE WITH SHOES. WHEN YOU HAVE ON A DECENT SHOE THEY ARE ONLY IN MED. WIDTH, ,WHY???? You leave so many of us out because they do not care if they have something we all can wear. ALSO, MEASURE THE CLOTHING & SHOES FOR US. YOU KNOW THAT ONE SIZE FITS ALL DOES NOT FIT ALL OF US. LOOK AT MALLORY. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT LOOKING AT HER MODEL ONE SIZE FITS ALL IN DRESS LAST WEEK< IT WAS TOO SNUG ON HER & Lolo SAID IT WOULD FIT UP TO 2X, NO WAY!!!! I have talked about this many times for yeasrs. NO ON AT SLC EVER LISTENS.
2 x

WTFarmGirl

@CaribbeanGirl

I had to giggle when you mentioned Loloa . . . one day I saw her on and she mentioned she wears a size 5 ring and a size 5 bracelet on her wrist . . . While her fingers certainly are slimmer, there is NO WAY she wears a size 5 ring . . . I wear a size 5 on my right ring finger and a 4.5 on my wedding ring. And my wrists are tiny and a size 5 as well.

So I REALLY would not trust her listing of measurements :lol: :lol:

I agree on YouTube, although my son is 10 so YouTube TV is what he's always watching, lol. I don't know too many ladies who watch YT for fun, so it's interesting to hear what you watch! If I'm watching it's to learn, such as jewelry design, CAD design or resin printing :D
1 x

WTFarmGirl

Lanai wrote:
2 months ago
WTFarmGirl,

Hello,
Thanks for the info. I will go to the website and check it out when I have plenty of time to look at things. I've seen their ads but never have tried them out. I left a message on a different post - I should be able to get the info previously discussed this week.
I had forgotten about that! Sounds good, you'll have us all pulling out our cards :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 2 months ago

I’ve bought some of the under $10 clothing pieces as gifts for my nieces and sisters, and they were disappointingly thin and tricky to find a situation appropriate other than a bathing suit coverup.
1 x