Female hosts on SLC

Tina

Re: Female hosts on SLC

Post by Tina » 2 months ago

Gulfwaterlady wrote:
2 months ago
TYPO.......
It is not Feb. 24th! It is the 10th. At least I got the right year.
Well here's my response to the post. I think ShopLC needs to set tighter guidelines for dress and overall style. Today, they presented a rice water hair product. Great product, but Dionne's hair looks horrible!! Listen, I have worn extensions for style and I have a nice wig collection. BUT!!! My hairstyles were tight! Meaning, they were well kept and not flying all over the place. They can't restrict hairstyles because that could be discriminatory. However, whatever hairstyles worn by the hosts should be neat and well kept. I was SOOO embarassed that Dionne was actually putting the rice water on her unruly extensions. This doesn't look good. She has a beautiful face, but the hair just makes her look bad. My 2nd point. Cheryl was presenting a few days ago and she had on some type of blazer and a dressy top. She stood up to make a point about a piece of jewelry and had on jeans. My issue isn't with the jeans, but the way she looked up top. Ladies need to wear the proper foundations so that if they are wearing jeans or whatever bottoms, they look nice and not sloppy. That was a sight for sore eyes. I'm going to copy and send this to customer service because I think the hosts take a lot for granted. I don't watch QVC, HSN or HQ but I will say this. You will never see their hosts appearing like some of the ShopLC hosts. LC has some great hosts, they have to get the appearance thing together. Otherwise, folks like me will just shop online and not tune in. I tried to hold back but I've seen too much messiness lately.
5 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 2 months ago

Did anyone catch yesterday during the day when Cheryl stopped the presentation to scold a viewer who commented that they didn’t like her blouse? It was like a blue sequined/costume type of top… Honestly, it did look kind of cheap like something you would wear to a 1920s theme party. But Cheryl said “Oh she doesn’t like my top! WELL YOU CAN CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!”. To your point @Tina ; you’ll never hear another shopping channel host look sloppy, or in this case, tell the shopper to not watch/not buy. I was shocked how unprofessional that was.
8 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 2 months ago

Sorry guys but I will have to disagree...I have been watching g a lot of HSN and QVC lately because I no longer like most of the hosts and they mostly wear jeans. Some are even so worn you can practically see through them. As far as Cheryl, I did catch her remark to the viewer to change the channel. Cheryl can be very rude, but she knows she can get away with it. After all she is Ankurs pet, along with Hunter.
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 months ago

I saw the show with the sequined top and thought it was New Year’s Day! Looked gaudy and cheap. Who wears an all over sequined top unless it's the holidays or a big gala event? There is a time and place for that style and it’s not hosting for Shop LC.
I have seen hosts on other channels wearing jeans and they are always in good taste. Sometimes they are modeling the jeans they sell… makes sense. I have never seen a Shop LC host or model wear a pair of nice classy jeans ever! They always look like the a pair of jeans I wear to mow the lawn!
5 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 2 months ago

The thing about the jeans is that, yes it does seem that in general our culture has become more lax with denim and jeans in the workplace (even if that workplace is on TV). But the stark difference between say what we see on HQ or QVC is that the jeans are part of a “look” the host or the wardrobe people (if any) have decided on. I have seen what others have mentioned where Cheryl in particular is wearing a sport coat and looks fine when sitting at the desk, but when she gets up to point at the screen or show a blanket, etc… basically when she is in full view, she is wearing casual type jeans and sneakers. Again, not a fashion statement but more of the “I’m only seen from the waist up” type of statement. I just don’t like the message it’s sending to only be half-dressed. Add it to the list of other observations on hair, wigs, clothes, nails, etc.

Also since many of us did see the “CHANGE THE CHANNEL” comment, I would also say I found it a little crass for Katie to go along with it. She was cackling and laughing and dismissing the customer right along with Cheryl. I was very turned off by the whole thing.
7 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Sorry for being a bit off-topic but I didn’t want to start a new thread just to ask a questions or two about Cheryl. So here goes… Is she the host who’s been at SLC the longest? And is she somehow related to one of the “big Kahunas” of the station? 🤔

Asking because she seems to get away with saying/doing anything without repercussions, plus it seems like she goes on most of the trips, etc. And she’s the only regular female host that I’m aware of who does the price drops. (I could be wrong about that cuz I don’t see all the daytime hosts.) Thanks for any info/clarifications! 😁✌️
1 x

Bella

Cheryl has definitely NOT been there the longest. Katie, Jessica, Karen and Lo Lo along with some others have been there longer. Cheryl was at JTV previously and has been on the Gems Shopping Network on occasion. She is a certified gemologist and does have considerable 1st “hand” experience in shallow mining practices. She also goes to many gem shows to scope out and purchase gems for Shop LC. With her experience in gems and sales I would say the powers that be consider her an asset.
5 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Wow, thanks for all the info, Bella! 👍😁

That really helps explain some things. I was way off with my thinking! 😳
1 x

Bella

You’re welcome Spinoza!
1 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 2 months ago

I don't care how much experience she's has she should never have said that on air. All I can say is get over it!
3 x