Fridays

Lacy

Fridays

Post by Lacy » 2 months ago

I agree, They have been a disappointment. I usually check the program guide to see what the items are then decide if I am going to tune in or purchase. Lately it has been cheap beads and crystal, silvertone and goldtone items. Hardly any sterling silver anymore unless its under 1gr. Not worth me giving them my time. Sterling is now shown on tuesdays more often so they can jack up the prices. Sterling is 20.00 an ounce according online right now.
6 x

Spinoza

Re: Fridays

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Right now, the only times I plan to watch SLC are for the Shawn & Dan shows (I get a kick out of their silliness!) and Fridays (ONLY to possibly pick up $10 and under little “surprise gifts” for peeps). I’m not interested in seeing endless Tanzanite, Sleeping Beauty or Tony’s gemstones that each stay on the screen forever! 🙄 And the clothing they sell isn’t my style at all! 🫤

The shipping is too expensive (being charged separately for each item in the same order sucks!) and the shipping delays are getting on my nerves. (I ordered something on Feb 12 that STILL hasn’t even started being shipped yet and today is Feb 20! 😡)

My fun with picking up stuff on the Dollar Auctions is fading too. It’s getting tougher and tougher to win good deals because the fake bidders raise the price to ridiculous levels! 🤬

So Temu, eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Target and POSSIBLY other shop-at-home channels here I come when I’m looking for bargains! 😁
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 2 months ago

Spinoza,

I think you’re right about the shipping costs… especially when the hosts always say that the Warehouse is right there on the campus. I could understand if they had satellite locations and warehouses that ship different items out into different regions… but if it’s all coming from the same place in Austin TX, why not bundle the shipping. It would save the customer money as well as be more eco-friendly than to have multiple packages out all going to the same place.
3 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 2 months ago

Not only is it frustrating to have to pay for multiple shipping fees on the same item, SLC has a tendency to mail all the items in one package! One time I ordered three different looks for the same pendant (as gifts), got charged for shipping three times and they arrived in same bag! The postal cost was the exact same as INE of the pendants. What a scam!! I have been watching the other shopping channels lately and have bought too. Also bought from Temu.
7 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 months ago

The only advantage is if they are shipped in one package they are less likely to get lost or be damaged! I refuse to pay shipping on individual items.
4 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Koalagirl —

YES! It’s a ripoff when you pay separate shipping charges for multiple items and then they arrive in ONE package. And it happens all the time! 😡 And it kinda looks like shipping fees are going to be increased. Seems like the most a shipping fee per item is usually $3.99. But I swear I’ve seen some shipping fees listed on the screen lately at $4.99! (I could be wrong about that though so everyone should check it out for themselves.🤔)

Bella —

Yes, I like when orders placed at or near the same time are bundled & shipped together instead of arriving in separate packages. 👍 But when you’ve been overcharged in shipping fees it still ticks me off. 😡
3 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 2 months ago

Spinoza

Yes, it is a ripoff and I've noticed lately that jewelry items are $3.99 and lifestyles are $4.99. I have also seen some items as high as $9.99 for shipping (their Tiffany style lamps). Tuesdays have been free shipping and Fridays are usually reduced shipping.
3 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 2 months ago

I just noticed, that there are 2 models, 2 hosts. Lolo is modeling too. On a Friday! No wonder the shipping rates are individual for each pkg.

How many people do you need to show and sell items on slc? And we are paying for it.
5 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 2 months ago

Feb. 2024
A while ago the subject of a used piece of jewelry was discussed on this forum. Everyone was pretty much in agreement that customers do not receive any jewelry a host has worn on air.
Last night on the Shawn and Dan show (it is actually referred that way now), a Pixiu bracelet was shown on air. Shawn mentioned that the model would not put the bracelets on because it could bring bad luck to a new owner. He said he would not want that to happen to someone who receives the bracelet.
Did anyone else hear this?
Was he referring to a customer?
I was shocked because that was what I immediately thought and it made me cringe.

We should never be receiving jewelry worn by a SLC host, never!
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 months ago

I do know that other shopping networks like QVC and JTV offer great discounts of items that were previously modeled or was a return. You can actually get some good deals, especially on handbags from QVC, and yes you can actually return them!
2 x