Fridays

Spinoza

Re: Fridays

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Welp, I called Customer Service to find out where the item I ordered on Feb 12th was since there was still no indication it had been shipped. I was told it was a “pre-order” item so it would take 15-20 business days to ship! 😡 Funny how they never mentioned that while SELLING the item! 🤬 The good news is that my phone call did get some action. I just checked and my item has miraculously and suddenly been shipped less than 24 hrs after I complained! 😁 Gee, the timing must be a coincidence! 🤔 Might be a long time before I order anything again though. Or maybe the policy should be changed so that your payment isn’t due until 15-20 business days after the item is verifiably shipped! Bet there wouldn’t be any delays then…!🤔🤣😁✌️
3 x

RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday » 2 months ago

I just assumed that items in the $1 auction had been used on air, were returns, or were odds and ends of leftovers. I did expect that they might have been cleaned/disinfected before the auction, but I also expected possible evidence of prior use.
1 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 months ago

Spinoza wrote:
2 months ago
Welp, I called Customer Service to find out where the item I ordered on Feb 12th was since there was still no indication it had been shipped. I was told it was a “pre-order” item so it would take 15-20 business days to ship! 😡 Funny how they never mentioned that while SELLING the item! 🤬 The good news is that my phone call did get some action. I just checked and my item has miraculously and suddenly been shipped less than 24 hrs after I complained! 😁 Gee, the timing must be a coincidence! 🤔 Might be a long time before I order anything again though. Or maybe the policy should be changed so that your payment isn’t due until 15-20 business days after the item is verifiably shipped! Bet there wouldn’t be any delays then…!🤔🤣😁✌️
Yes, I had ordered 2 items on Friday, Feb 16th, paid and figured they would ship soon. Well I waited and waited to see if they had shipped, but nothing had been shipped yet. So I gave it over a week and finally called Shop LC to see what was going on and why hadn't my items shipped yet. The lady told me "Oh, those items were pre-orders." I said during the on air presentation; NOTHING was ever said about the items being pre-orders. That REALLY is deceiving customers for not being told this. What if customers were ordering for gift giving and expecting to have the order much sooner? My items FINALLY shipped AFTER the phone call too. It's SO frustrating dealing with this company at times. I'm just glad the items are on the way and they didn't cancel the order. I've had THAT happen before. That's a whole other topic, LOL!
3 x

Lacy

Re: Fridays, preorders

Post by Lacy » 2 months ago

I've seen this too with my orders. They don't state on air that they are preorders. I have started checking my purchase history after ordering. When it says preorder. I cancel the purchase right away. It is very deceiving. Again slc is over selling items when they should stop when its sold out. Or, they are not in stock at all and still selling it on air. Unacceptable.
4 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Thanks for the responses, mpompadour and Lacy! 😁 At least I know I’m not alone. 🫤 But they really do have to warn people WHEN IT’S BEING SOLD that there can be lengthy delays if an item is a pre-order. Otherwise it’s frustrating for the consumer and seems a bit deceptive too… 🤔😡
2 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 2 months ago

I was starting to give up on auctions until this weekend when I won a beautiful 3 carat Gemstone ring set in 10k gold for 85.00...
4 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 months ago

They started to have randomly “free shipping on everything “ lately, so I limit my purchases to those opportunities if they are worth. Otherwise, it is ridiculous to pay $ 3.99 shipping for each auction items won for $3 to $ 20. And have them finally sent all in the same package.
3 x

Gulfwaterlady

Used jewelry

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 1 month ago

If a company is honest and tells the customer up front that the item is used than it is your decision to buy it or not. But certain items like pierced earrings should not be resold.
1 x

Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 1 month ago

I didn't realize the topic was auctions, I thought it was about what Shawn said on air last Friday. What I wrote about used jewelry doesn't make sense unless you read what Shawn said about Pixiu. The model would not try it on because someone might receive it.
1 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 1 month ago

Gulfwaterlady wrote:
1 month ago
I didn't realize the topic was auctions, I thought it was about what Shawn said on air last Friday. What I wrote about used jewelry doesn't make sense unless you read what Shawn said about Pixiu. The model would not try it on because someone might receive it.
Ahhhhh yes! I remember not too long ago when all the hosts would try on the bracelets! I'm sure at SOMEPOINT a viewer popped on to ask if they threw them all away afterwards since they no longer worked? Or perhaps it's just a massive tall tale about the creature and they don't believe an ounce of it?

I for one am NOT a fan of their goddess, god or pixchu items. But that's just me.
2 x