Max Bids

BostonIrish

Max Bids

Post by BostonIrish » 2 months ago

Well here we go again looks like someone on auctions is a busy person with crazy bids max city JJJ.😖
4 x

christee

Re: Max Bids

Post by christee » 2 months ago

It's annoying! Yesterday I bid on some jewelry and noticed the max bids are too obvious to be legit. Seen mostly with 10k and 14k jewelry. It's a few people doing it and not sure if it's a bot or SLC employee. I saw one username on at least 10 items. Might be random people creating new accounts with sole intent to place unrealistic bids and never pay.
6 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 2 months ago

Yep, Some lady named Jeanette is bidding over 300.00 for an 8 carat Amethyst...I won the same gem last week for less than 10.00...Some are bidding over the retail and clearance price...The pests inflating the bids on mediocre jewelry should be banned...
5 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 2 months ago

These "Shill Bidders" need to be exposed as well as the department running the auctions...and you know who you are...
8 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Unfortunately I think the “shill bidders” are working for SLC in a lot of cases (maybe all) so they’ll never be exposed. 🫤 SLC can place popular items in the auction to draw in customers to the auction & website in general…but SLC may have no real desire to sell those items at low prices. So they get shills to outbid everyone with ridic bids and then they “win”. 😡 But of course they don’t pay so the item returns to the auction for the same tactic. 🙄

Of course I can’t prove it but it seems logical that there are only two main reasons for truly outlandish bids: (1) trolls who get their kicks by screwing around with the auctions or (2) shills placed by SLC for the reason stated previously. 😡 JMO! 😁✌️
4 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 2 months ago

I won a 500 dollar necklace not gold for 99.00 they cancelled it on me.🙄 I agree if you win it at a great price poof!😖
6 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 1 month ago

This happened to me about 3 times everytime I won a round yellow fluorite Gemstone...Order canceled and my money refunded for product out of stock...How can they auction something when its out of stock...
7 x

DiamondGirl65

Post by DiamondGirl65 » 1 month ago

I have had 5 out of 6 auction items in the past month that were won and paid for cancelled by ShopLC. Not a good track record of being a reliable or honest auction site. When I accused them of fraud for listing items they then say they do not have I was given a $10 store credit to compensate for my "disappointment"
8 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 1 month ago

Just got a refund for an item I won at auction. No explanation why my win or the order was cancelled. 😡

Basically, for a $1 bid I won an item currently selling elsewhere on the site for $15. I guess SLC didn’t want to take a loss so they gave me back my money ($1 plus shipping & tax) and kept their $15 item. Now I see it back on the $1 auction area! 🤬

Big time scam if you ask me! 😡🤬😡🤬
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 month ago

For the life of me I will never understand why anyone does the auctions from Shop LC with all the complaints, refunds, overbidders etc. My purchases from the website nowadays are few and far between. I think I am much better off.
4 x