Max Bids

Spinoza

Re: Max Bids

Post by Spinoza » 1 month ago

Point taken, Bella! 😁

In the past few months I had a pretty good success rate of getting items for $1 and actually receiving them. But with various issues I’ve had with purchases (not just from auctions) in the past couple of weeks, I’m done with the auctions as of now and not sure if I’ll buy anything at all from SLC again. 😡 Too much funny stuff going on with this company and its way of doing business. 🤬
3 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 1 month ago

Agree. I no longer have any faith in SLC. I haven't bought anything since the earring broke inside my ear and they finally gave me the store credit for them. If I see something for the value of my credit, I might buy, but it won't be jewelry. I have been shopping other channels with no problems.
4 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 month ago

I bid frequently but not on expensive items. Recently I won a gold over sterling necklace for $24 (was $105) and a blue moon turquoise pendant for $14 (was $52). Sometimes the fake bidders are not paying attention. Like Koalagirl, I had an earring post break off but fortunately not while wearing it!
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 month ago

I really can’t complain on the jewelry items I have bought. I do not remember the last time I actually returned an item it’s been years. I do hate to return anything though it’s such a hassle with Shop LC. I really do not need more jewelry and I’m NOT buying anymore jewelry boxes, storage boxes, armoire’s etc. it’s getting a bit ridiculous!
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 month ago

I'm certainly convinced not to ever participate in the auctions again. The odds don't look good in your favor, even if you do win? No thanks! Seems like Shop LC better get their act together before they get in big time trouble.
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 month ago

I agree with you Colljoe! I think customers are getting wise to some of their shananigans going on. Also, there are so many people who just can’t afford day to day living costs, makes jewelry buying a no go.
5 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 1 month ago

@Spinoza I agree, I bought a ring and did not receive the UV flashlight, and 2 citrines are still sitting in ordered and card charged since since February 9th. I made calls and was told to call back Tuesday, I'm like, "No you call me when you find out where my items are". I won a 3 carat Mexican Hyalite ring for 85 dollas. Retail shows 1699.00 , it's in the clearance section for 599.00... What a deal! lol
4 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 month ago

Free shipping for everything today and they are still charging $3.99 I auction for shipping. Really? ! I won some items for $2 and I am not willing to pay more for shipping…Someone in this company doesn’t know what “everything “ means.Well, English is difficult for them but dictionaries are available on line for any language….
3 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 month ago

Just now, I see the standard shipping for auction items at $7.98 !!! And they have "free shipping for everything" on their site. Something is definitely not right...
3 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 1 month ago

Yea, they price gouge on shipping for the auctions. I guess they figure if you snag something at auction at a good price, you'll pay through the nose for shipping at checkout. They say SITEWIDE FREE SHIPPING in BIG banners but then I noticed in teeny tiny print on the home page, Offer Excludes Auctions, Live Presentations or Recently Aired Items. Swarmy tactics for sure.
4 x