Auctions

Stormy

Auctions

Post by Stormy » 1 month ago

Pretty sure the employees of ShopLc are competing against customers and driving up the prices in the online auctions. You can See repetition in the same names and when you bid against them it conveniently freezes and does not bid in the final moments. Lost to “Patricia” today whose name I have seen on at least 100 winning auctions today alone. Laurel L., 000 are others… just saying…seems rigged. :(
2 x

CDK

Re: Auctions

Post by CDK » 1 month ago

Yes, I took screenshots of bids over the retail price...Patricia must be Tatyana because I haven't seen her in weeks bidding up the auctions
0 x

ForeverFun

Post by ForeverFun » 1 month ago

I see no benefit to ShopLC to have employees compete with customers on auctions. Perhaps if their computer programs catch a missing item, or incorrectly described item, or some kind of problem, -- this is an easy (cheap) way to close an auction "quietly."
0 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 month ago

Don't get me started🙄
3 x

Eclair

Post by Eclair » 1 month ago

Please don't tell me there are folks bidding high amounts against us...I see the same names popping up over and over and bidding like they just won the lottery...I suppose I wanted to be naive and think these were buyers from other jewelry entities or folks with a ton of money...but to tell the truth they are usually upbidding high end, popular items...now, I have discovered this forum and am wondering...any comments to ease my mind or not would be helpful.
1 x

ForeverFun

Post by ForeverFun » 1 month ago

We're all observing the same bidding practices but hold different opinions about the cause. I don't think there's any way to know if the winning bids are paid for or not. Auction shilling probably started with the world's first described auction (an auction of women available as wives in 500 bc!).

If someone believes this is shilling by ShopLC management or employees, they should contact the Attorney General's office in both their state and Texas. ShopLC should address their policy on this practice if in fact the winning bids are left unpaid and take action to ban those bidders from the auctions. Easy-peasy.

The risks to ShopLC, whether legal or just reputation, are too high to just let it go.
0 x