LC ALEXANDRITE

Eclair

LC ALEXANDRITE

Post by Eclair » 1 month ago

I have tried bidding but never win...please tell me, those of you who have won...do the LC alexandrites change color in any light including uv?...they seem to on the tv screen with hosts, but their colors in jewelry do not look like they would...and some reviews say that...I do not want to pay some ridiculous price for a gemstone that may be overly misrepresented...any help appreciated...most of what I have gotten at LC in auctions I have really liked with a few exceptions...I have made two big mistakes, but I should have read the descriptions and looked more closely at the videos. Also, the indicolites look too dark for me to go there.
3 x

DiamondGirl65

Re: LC ALEXANDRITE

Post by DiamondGirl65 » 1 month ago

I purchased a natural Alexandrite from the auction several years ago. Looked like dirty gravel. Huge mistake and unable to return.
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 1 month ago

In my opinion, Alexandrite is not an attractive Gemstone to begin with, so even though it may very well be highly collectable, if a High Quality Grade, it's never been anything I was interested in purchasing.
Of course, that's just my Opinion and everyone has different Taste and Favorite Gemstones. I would suggest if you do purchase this Gemstone to not purchase while a Clearance Event is going on or attempt to purchase from the Auction Site, where if you are allowed to win, then you are stuck with the purchase and can't return for refund.
3 x

Eclair

Post by Eclair » 1 month ago

Thanks so much for the info!
1 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 month ago

I never cared for Alexandrite either never understood all the fuss. I’m always glad when an expensive gemstone isn’t a big deal for me.
2 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 1 month ago

QUALITY Alexandrite does NOT NEED A UV LIGHT. So IF a UV light is used, it's NOT GOOD MATERIAL.

That's UV reactive, NOT color change. I did buy a SLC alexandrite, it was a gift for my daughter. She's just happy it's a genuine stone, but as a collector I'd never buy their material myself.
Again, same comments as the Turkish Disapore. India DOES have some nice, lesser expensive Alexandrite BUT its nothing like what SLC carries. It's actually NICE. I would definitely buy that, but NOT from SLC. It needs to ACTUALLY change color depending on the light, not smoke and mirror tricks.

SLC carries a lot of garbage, trying to trump up the material as rare and expensive. Grandidierite is a perfect example. Yes, QUALITY material is rare. The milky trash SLC carries is NOT.

While it's nice they DO educate the public on lesser known gems, trying to claim those gems they carry are "rare and expensive, is a BIG no-no.
2 x