@Lanai regarding AGI Certificates

WTFarmGirl

@Lanai regarding AGI Certificates

Post by WTFarmGirl » 1 month ago

I decided to bump it into a new thread so it was lost, here's what you wrote:

"@WTFarmGirl,
I finally made it to the Bank and was able to review Cert and Appraisals on at least 15+ different items, Different Gem Stones, Some set in Platinum, Some Gold as well as Loose Stones.
Still unable to identify the exact Name of the Gemologist, but over a 5 year Span, it is the Same Signature on all that were purchased from SLC. Have some purchased from other Vendors that have GIA Cert and Appraisals and no duplicate names on
those. If you look up and review any items on SLC'S website which actually has a pic of the Certs and Appraisals, the Signature on any of those, that I have been able to find and review, are the exact same as the Signature on mine. Those, that is, that are actually posted to review from AGI on the website, if signed, will also look identical. Coincidence, I think not, just my opinion. Actually, it is my own fault for not paying more attention when purchasing and receiving these items. Tried to do research on the Names of those associated with NY AGI, but it led to a dead end or maybe after several hours, I mentally was exhausted. Did find something that some may already know but I was unaware of was the fact that AGI as well as GIA are not Accredited by the BBB. Many Gemologist Appraisal Businesses with NY addresses were, but neither of these Agencies, which I, myself, find odd. Maybe it isn't for this industry, but I don't know for what reason that a Legit Large Business would not want to be BBB Accredited, especially with the Competition in NYC. Again, Just My opinion. I need to Clarify that ShopLc, themselves are BBB Accredited, I didn't just go by what was listed on the website but ran an Internet Search on the BBB website. I also did take pics of my Certs and Appraisals and checked the ID Numbers on the AGI website and they all matched with no discrepancies. For what that's worth, I am not certain. Something doesn't sit right with me. I have to state that this is the Info that I have been able to find and it is just my opinion, obviously. Maybe, one of the many Hosts that are Participants on this Forum can offer more insight on these matters."

I do know AGI IS a real company, but reviews are all across the board with them on their site. I WILL tell you, that with ALL of the appraisals and Gem ID cards I have seen online, NONE of the reputable gem sellers use AGI, and actually they are known for not using certified or properly trained employees to do the work.

AGI likely is looking at a few stones from a batch to ID them, then running all the specs on the gems given to them by SLC and printing cards. Most never actually touched by AGI, and CERTAINLY not examined. They might run a service to photograph them, or maybe just use a stock image. The jeweler that reviewed my AGI card stated the stones did not in fact match. For what it's worth.

While I hold more faith in GIA, they still are not fully trustworthy, having incorrectly documented my results and not performed the services asked for.

But the bottom line is, SLC pulls out all the stops to make things look amazing ;)
2 x

Eclair

Re: @Lanai regarding AGI Certificates

Post by Eclair » 1 month ago

Lanai, do you think the cards are baloney? Never bought anything expensive enough to get one, but would like to know...I am not participating in auctions, period...but still watching the show as a time filler while I do stuff around the house...I think the moissanite special with Shawn and Angie was great if you like moissanite...there were some great deals...I really hope they are looking at community notes and making some changes...have not seen Tony...anyone else?
1 x

Eclair

Would you tell me how to post my own comments? All I know is how to reply...not very tech savvy myself...I did not even know about this forum until months after shopping...wish more legit buyers would weigh in for good or bad, but maybe they do not know about these convos either...thanks for checking all your cards...I know some hosts say they are several years old...but if you get an honest appraisal from a jeweler, it can cost a lot.
0 x

Eclair

I figured it out...you press pencil with new topic...thanks!
2 x

Eclair

I figured it out...you press pencil with new topic...thanks!
1 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 1 month ago

Just stating my truth, facts and opinions. I am sure everyone has different experiences and opinions.
2 x