Shawn & Dan

joshuatheemerald

Re: Shawn & Dan

Post by joshuatheemerald » 1 month ago

Lacy,

I agree with you. We do have strong opinions of the on-air talent (hosts and models), but also when it comes to things like Dan chewing or drinking during his shift…. Where is the director or producer who can SEE Dan’s webcam feed when he is about to take a drink or put something in his mouth to mute his audio feed—- regardless if D has the know how or thought to do it himself (clearly he does not). LC ineptness seems to exist at all levels and positions. If Dan’s audio feed is not of good quality (neither Dan or even Karen sometimes have very good audio), a professional director or producer should be telling Ankhur that the remote hosts need to have better microphones for their shows. They need a microphone separate from their webcam or laptop built-in which is likely not nearly the quality of microphone used for interviews/podcasts, etc.
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 month ago

Did anyone see the Night Owl with Becky and Adi the other night? It was terrible. Adi sounded like he was talking out of a metal shed (tin can) and it was hard to understand him. Becky kept over talking him and he would over talk her. Could have been a delay but it was cringe worthy for sure. Then Adi kept moving around and making noises that projected real loud. It was a disaster. Really Adi, I'm sure you can come up with a better sound proof room to air your show. Especially if this is how you are going to be doing your shows now. And I agree, they should have a separate microphone. Unprofessional.
2 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 1 month ago

Adi? Is he the dramatic guy from England? I haven't seen him in almost a year...
1 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 1 month ago

Shawn last night made a remark in regards about people not liking the Dan and Shawn show? Hmmm?
0 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 month ago

D said yesterday that he Is getting used to a new computer system. Glad to hear it.
0 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 month ago

CDK wrote:
1 month ago
Shawn last night made a remark in regards about people not liking the Dan and Shawn show? Hmmm?
Good to know. I didn't watch them and wont watch them again. I had commented on here recently that I won't watch them anymore because of the way he lied about a necklace that they presented on a Friday night show. Then LC sent me the wrong necklace. I returned it to be replaced with the correct necklace but instead of replacing it they issued a refund less the shipping charge. I contacted CS for a refund for the shipping charge, which they supposedly initiated, but I'm sure I will have to fight for weeks, once again, to get it. I wouldn't have known about the partial refund if I hadn't checked my bank account because they didn't send an email refund notice like they usually do. Shop LC is the most unprofessional shopping network I have ever experienced. So Shawn can keep crying those Shop LC tears. I could care less.
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 1 month ago

Have to agree . Whether a Host is really liked and a Majority Customer Favorite or Not so Popular with the Majority of the Customers, doesn't really matter when the end results are products that are not the quality presented or not even the right item received.
It is always a Nightmare dealing with this Companies Customer Service Department and trying to get anything done but especially an actually "True" Refund Amount. Such a Hassle. Liked or not as well liked, the Hosts are there for one thing and that is to sell products, not to be Anyone's Friend or Personal Local Jeweler, they are salesmen and women.
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 1 month ago

At the beginning, their show was fun...now its old news. I can't stand Shawn since the day he treated Michelle rudely.
0 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 month ago

They were initially great but after awhile the different schticks have gotten old such as Dan "accidentally" saying a lower price than it was supposed to be and telling the producer the mistake has to be honored. I like Dan and remember watching him in the mid to late 90's on HSN and I learned a lot about gemstones, however now he rambles on about an item and I imagine viewers lose interest.
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 3 weeks ago

I watched some of the show last evening with Shawn and Heather Hosting together.
The Chemistry was great. They were thorough, yet joked around and it appeared as if they enjoyed being at Work. I think they would make a great pairing, more often than just occasional as it is presently.
5 x