Shawn & Dan

Lacy

Shawn & Dan

Post by Lacy » 1 month ago

Dan was eating and drinking and making all kinds of noises while S was explaining an item for a while. I get it, he wasn't talking but don't be rude. Does D know what MUTE is? S even said, "that is loud". I couldn't listen, I had to mute them. Finally he stopped. Crazy...
3 x

CDK

Re: Shawn & Dan

Post by CDK » 1 month ago

I saw this too...I finally stuck my head in the oven...no etiquette...My Chihuahua starts barking when Dan's birds start chirping so I have to change the Channel...
1 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 1 month ago

Rarely watch any of the Hosts for very long, even as background noise. It's hard to believe that Dan is actually younger than Karen. Dan is very knowledgeable concerning Gemstones and I think is probably as Honest as any in that business can be. The "Dan and Shawn
Show" has already gotten really old, really quick. Amusing when Shawn first came back and they restarted their shows together but just too
much. Gives me a headache.
1 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 1 month ago

I can understand keeping Dan around for limited opportunities because he has done this job forever and does have the gem knowledge to help support the sale… that is, when he has clearly not run out of “gas” so to speak. When Dan works a short hour or two shift, especially earlier in the day or not too late in the evening, he can get the job done well enough still. His antics with the pricing and acting as if he did a “no-no” are a bit much, but in small doses I’ll let it slide. But on days where he does the full shift, it’s clear by that second chunk of time, he is tired or not able to really stay fully aware for that second 2-3 hour timeframe. It’s sort of like watching some of these old bands out there still performing concerts when it’s clear they should just retire and enjoy life. But much like some of these singers or musicians who can’t give it up, Dan must still enjoy it so he gladly takes the opportunities.
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 1 month ago

joshuatheemerald,
Well said. A perfect Analogy.
1 x

Eclair

Post by Eclair » 1 month ago

They are both golden oldies...I actually like Shawn alot...if Dan's Mic wasn't turned up to 1000, I would appreciate him more, but some of his antics like eating on set are beyond the pale...I think Dan does not know what life could hold without working a shopping channel...he loves the job...I liked the analogy of old rockers who cannot put up their guitars...the only host I have no patience for is the guy with the open patterned shirt with the chest hair who likes to show off the beads...
6 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 1 month ago

When the guy with the open collared shirt and chest hair is on, I CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!! I cannot tolerate him at all.
4 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 month ago

Koalagirl wrote:
1 month ago
When the guy with the open collared shirt and chest hair is on, I CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!! I cannot tolerate him at all.
I refer to him as "Hairahertz Heart Hands". :lol:
5 x

Vickyh2

Post by Vickyh2 » 1 month ago

Eclair wrote:
1 month ago
They are both golden oldies...I actually like Shawn alot...if Dan's Mic wasn't turned up to 1000, I would appreciate him more, but some of his antics like eating on set are beyond the pale...I think Dan does not know what life could hold without working a shopping channel...he loves the job...I liked the analogy of old rockers who cannot put up their guitars...the only host I have no patience for is the guy with the open patterned shirt with the chest hair who likes to show off the beads...

Totally agree! Dan needs a new or better microphone. Everytime he says an "S", it's like a screech. Hurts my ears! Dan needs a stand alone microphone instead of shouting into the microphone built into his laptop. Jeeze....
2 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 month ago

:oops: MUTE "D" MUTE

Try just don't eat or drink while your on air. It's common courtesy.

The ideas for new equipment would work but he probably won't change his behaviors.
He needs to stop eating, drinking etc. while on air.

I work from home. Using a headset. We are NOT allowed to eat, drink, chew gum. Anything rude customers would hear. We have to wait til break.

We are to mute our headset for coughing or sneezing of course.

He can hit the mute button when S is talking, or if he needs a min. For whatever he needs to do.

This doesn't happen to Karen or Aussie Steve.

I don't mind their antics, they are funny sometimes . It's just the loud disturbing noises from him are annoying and gross to listen to. Just being honest. Maybe he doesn't know it's so obvious and loud.

When he does these things. I MUTE him.
0 x