Under $10 Fridays?

mpompadour

Under $10 Fridays?

Post by mpompadour » 1 month ago

While tonights show,3/22/24,was ok for a little while with items and pricing, it didn't take them long to start throwing their high priced stuff into the mix. For a while I think we have all noticed the items they sell on Fridays have gone down in quality and selection. Every now and then you can get something in Sterling Silver, but it is mostly goldtone or silvertone or some other weird items. I do however like the stainless steel jewelry items MUCH better than tone base metal jewelry. I think Becky on the overnight show let the cat out of the bag when she said basically Fridays are getting harder to have all day events because they don't have enough under $10 stuff anymore. I come to Shop LC for jewelry. Fridays were my main shopping day to get something fairly nice for the price. Looks like that is about over. Oh, and watch out for the claim of $1.99 shipping for jewelry items today. I put something in my cart, went back about an hour later to check out on the online checkout, and the shipping said $3.99. I had to call customer service to get it corrected and ordered through a customer service rep to get the reduced shipping. I asked the rep if reduced shipping was good all day and she said yes, not just when the items were live on TV. Becky said the same thing on air too. You REALLY have to watch this company when doing business with them. Stay on your guard. So, I wonder how much longer well see $10 Fridays.
4 x

Lacy

Re: Under $10 Fridays?

Post by Lacy » 1 month ago

I bought a stainless steel necklace and bracelet set last week. It was 7.99 for the set. When I received it, it was light as a feather, very cheap looking. It felt like plastic. The bracelet was supposed to be 7.5 in long as advertised,it was 6 in Long. Usually when I get there stainless steel pieces they're heavier not the lightweight. I tried it on, it was flipping around and turning on itself. Stainless would not do that. It wasn't the regular packaging it was in a plastic sleeve with a label that said made in China. I know some of this stuff comes from China but this look like it came from
" claires" (a cheap costume jewelry store.) It's going back and they better not charge me the return shipping and the restocking fee, it's junk. I'm surprised, they're stainless is usually pretty good. I have emailed customer service since the chat line is a bot now. I can't deal with their reps on the phone. ? Why do all their reps have thick accents sounding like their in India, while they are located in Texas. Maybe they don't employ reps in texas as they claim. Are calls routed from India? Idk.
3 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 1 month ago

@Lacy

I DO THINK reps are out of India, I've had that too. or they hire a bunch from India and house them in TX . ..

I have ONE stainless item, a shungite ring. I do get complements on it, but I don't recommend anything with prongs as they are VERY sharp. It does look a bit cheap, but I cannot stanch constantly snagging it either way. I don't do the $10 Fridays as as it's all junk. I made that mistake a few months ago . . . NEVER AGAIN.
2 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 month ago

I've learned my lesson. I did get an email after my other post....someone read my email I sent yesterday. They sent me a free return label. No more stainless for me on lc. Fridays are beads, tone, and crystal lately. Not for me.
3 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 1 month ago

I haven't bought a thing since the earring broke inside my ear! Let alone during a clearance event when the item can only be returned if damaged. I'm still having problems with that ear from when the post broke.
2 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 month ago

It's time for ShopLC to change it from Under $10 Friday to Flea Market Friday.
Stainless steel will always look like stainless steel. I think of when I was a kid and drugstores had gumball machines near the exit. Many times there were stainless steel rings in them :D
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 month ago

Do you all remember when Shop LC used to brag that they were the only shopping channel that always had a chain with their pendant? And, it was either sterling or stainless steel. And if it was stainless they were nice looking to where you could not even tell the difference. Now, lone pendants, so they can't claim they always provide a chain anymore. And this gold tone or silver tone crap that's always popping up now. Findings, in gold tone and silver tone? And now, glass jewelry? Since when? Their buyers must be caving in to buying this crap from China. If we wanted that type of jewelry it is far cheaper to buy from Temu or other on-line Chinese companies. Time to hire new Buyers Shop LC. Cause you be goin' down hill these days. And we all notice.
3 x

Koalagirl

Post by Koalagirl » 1 month ago

FYI! HSN has free shipping on everything this weekend, including clearance items. Just bought a pair of Jay King earrings on clearance, good buy too. And you can return item with no problems!
2 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 month ago

colljoe wrote:
1 month ago
Do you all remember when Shop LC used to brag that they were the only shopping channel that always had a chain with their pendant? And, it was either sterling or stainless steel. And if it was stainless they were nice looking to where you could not even tell the difference. Now, lone pendants, so they can't claim they always provide a chain anymore. And this gold tone or silver tone crap that's always popping up now. Findings, in gold tone and silver tone? And now, glass jewelry? Since when? Their buyers must be caving in to buying this crap from China. If we wanted that type of jewelry it is far cheaper to buy from Temu or other on-line Chinese companies. Time to hire new Buyers Shop LC. Cause you be goin' down hill these days. And we all notice.
I agree with you! I have noticed a flood of crystal, glass and mystery metal "new arrivals" on the website daily. I have a feeling they they will be bumping up prices on stainless steel like they did with sterling silver and showing nothing but gaudy fashion jewelry on Fridays...if they don't end under ten altogether.

I cut way back on watching the presentations. It got to the point where I was just watching the Shawn and Dan shows on Tuesdays and Fridays. That ended 2 Fridays ago. I tuned in to see a presentation of some sterling silver briolette cut gemstone dangle necklaces that I purchased in 2021,2022 and 2023. I own 7 of the necklaces in sterling silver, in different gemstones and purchased them for layering. This time, they added a smoky quartz to the collection and I wanted to see it. Shawn started the presentation with " These are brand new! "These haven't been presented since 2021 and they were in stainless steel!". I sent a message on live tv stating that I had purchased the necklace in previous years and they were sterling silver. Of course the message was ignored and Shawn went on for the entire presentation saying the were new and were only presented one other time in stainless steel. I made my purchase for the smoky quartz and exited the tv app and haven't watched since. I was so disturbed by it that I had to check the necklaces that I already own to confirm that they are in fact sterling silver and not stainless steel .Thank you for that Shawn. After all that, my necklace arrived....and they sent BLACK SPINEL! Now I am waiting for a replacement.

I don't understand the lying. I noticed it from a few hosts back when I first started watching. Then it became worse. There were several hosts that I refused to watch because of it. Now it's out of control along with the screaming. It's too bad really.
3 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 1 month ago

I ask them things sometimes just to see if they will answer my question. It can be a legitimate question and they ignore it. They will only respond if you are praising Shop LC or them personally. I agree they need to name Fridays, "Flea Market Friday". But today, March 23, 2024, it has been a steady stream of a lot of over $1,000 or more items. SO sick of this. Item after item of it and the constant name dropping of high end luxury brands, that just turns me off completely. Especially Uncle Fester and Mr.C. They are some of the worst. And the LONGGGGGGGGGGGG drawn out presentations are ridiculous.
5 x