Under $10 Fridays?

Mapper

Re: Under $10 Fridays?

Post by Mapper » 1 month ago

mpompadour wrote:
1 month ago
I ask them things sometimes just to see if they will answer my question. It can be a legitimate question and they ignore it. They will only respond if you are praising Shop LC or them personally. I agree they need to name Fridays, "Flea Market Friday". But today, March 23, 2024, it has been a steady stream of a lot of over $1,000 or more items. SO sick of this. Item after item of it and the constant name dropping of high end luxury brands, that just turns me off completely. Especially Uncle Fester and Mr.C. They are some of the worst. And the LONGGGGGGGGGGGG drawn out presentations are ridiculous.
Fester is intolerable and other hosts are constantly giving him praise. Angie is just as bad. She needs training or something. They were presenting sterling silver hoop earrings a while ago and she didn't know what a saddleback closure was. Fester had to tell her. Courtney...nope. I won't watch her either. I was done with Chuck a long time ago when he went Patchouli crazy and ripped his shirt open on air. It's all become intolerable. It doesn't matter who the hosts are or what they're selling.
Last edited by Mapper 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 1 month ago

When I buy jewelry for my collection, it either gold or platinum...I do have a few silver pieces from Dallas Gold and Silver and they are stunning...The Bali bracelets I bought a year ago now have a copper undertone to it...So I don't appreciate a Jewelry Co such as Shop LC selling gold/silver tone mystery metal junk jewelry...This cheapens your brand...and makes me second guess the gold jewelry I purchased from you...I'd rather have a few quality pieces than a junk drawer full of cheap jewelry...
4 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 month ago

CDK wrote:
1 month ago
When I buy jewelry for my collection, it either gold or platinum...I do have a few silver pieces from Dallas Gold and Silver and they are stunning...The Bali bracelets I bought a year ago now have a copper undertone to it...So I don't appreciate a Jewelry Co such as Shop LC selling gold/silver tone mystery metal junk jewelry...This cheapens your brand...and makes me second guess the gold jewelry I purchased from you...I'd rather have a few quality pieces than a junk drawer full of cheap jewelry...
I swore off white precious metals for most of my life. I own a ton of gold that was purchased back in the 90's when prices were low. When it became unaffordable, I switched to silver. Any precious metal pieces that I purchase currently are to complete a suite. The costume pieces I have purchased from LC have been the crystal critter brooches or the articulated crystal bib necklaces. I disassemble the necklaces and use them for Halloween decor embellishments. With prices going up on the costume pieces, I now purchase from T for pennies.

I have many artisan crafted silver and gemstone pieces. I purchase those directly from artisans in India. If there are multiples of the same piece, each piece is listed separately and priced according to the quality of workmanship and the quality of the gemstone. The image in the listing is the item that you will receive. The image is not manipulated or touched up to deceive the customer like LC. My pieces from India are shipped with tracking, a signature is required, they arrive in 2 weeks or less and proceeds are paid directly to the artisan. I have a few pieces from LC and nearly all are poorly crafted.

With all the new arrivals being costume jewelry, the low 5% off the buy all and the volume being sold, it seems to me that LC is catering to the resellers on Under $10 Fridays.
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 1 month ago

As quick as LC is to tout their popularity with resellers, and how “regular” or retail customers need to buy quickly so the resellers don’t scoop up all of the inventory… I have to ask: If LC was so popular with resellers, isn’t the model of a TV shopping channel a little odd of a means for resellers to acquire their products? One of LC’s main points is that they cut out the middle man in order to save, which there is some truth to that… but think of all the additional expense that LC incurs by selling their wares as a home shopping channel? A regular manufacturer who is going to rely on inside trade relations or online marketing would have considerable less overhead than LC who is operating a whole other division of business that is its TELEVISION CHANNEL. And look we can debate the value or credibility of the hosts, production value and overall TV presentation all day long (we do! Lol)… but remember that Mr C talks about how he takes the most luxury vacations, and Dione with her designer handbag closet, and many other examples to say that the hosts and perhaps many others are very well-compensated. LC saying they save us money by cutting out the middle man is true but they insert a complete other mountainous expense by choosing to sell on TV and those costs of operating are passed onto us the customer.
7 x

bettyKate

Post by bettyKate » 1 month ago

Hi, everybody! I'm new here posting but I've been reading the posts for several months. (First time I could sign in without technical error messages!)

Has anyone noticed that Hunter has started saying "ladies & gentlemen" over and over? Even worse than Tony.

Last night he said it 3 times in one sentence, in about a minute. It sounds like a "nervous habit" filler he picked up & I wish the producers would ask him to watch one of the recorded shows on YouTube to see how bad it is.

He's one of the hosts I used to like watching but now I have to tune out when he's on.

I enjoy the commentary here, love that all of you share info about gems, etc. Hope I'll be able to log in again without tech errors.
Happy Sunday, everybody!❤️
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 1 month ago

joshuatheemerald wrote:
1 month ago
As quick as LC is to tout their popularity with resellers, and how “regular” or retail customers need to buy quickly so the resellers don’t scoop up all of the inventory… I have to ask: If LC was so popular with resellers, isn’t the model of a TV shopping channel a little odd of a means for resellers to acquire their products? One of LC’s main points is that they cut out the middle man in order to save, which there is some truth to that… but think of all the additional expense that LC incurs by selling their wares as a home shopping channel? A regular manufacturer who is going to rely on inside trade relations or online marketing would have considerable less overhead than LC who is operating a whole other division of business that is its TELEVISION CHANNEL. And look we can debate the value or credibility of the hosts, production value and overall TV presentation all day long (we do! Lol)… but remember that Mr C talks about how he takes the most luxury vacations, and Dione with her designer handbag closet, and many other examples to say that the hosts and perhaps many others are very well-compensated. LC saying they save us money by cutting out the middle man is true but they insert a complete other mountainous expense by choosing to sell on TV and those costs of operating are passed onto us the customer.
joshuatheemerald,
My thoughts exactly. As usual, you have stated the facts in a very tasteful and cordial manner.
5 x

WTFarmGirl

Post by WTFarmGirl » 1 month ago

@bettyKate

welcome aboard :)
1 x

bettyKate

Post by bettyKate » 3 weeks ago

WTFarmGirl wrote:
1 month ago