BUY ALL AND SHIPPING COSTS

Gamma0611

BUY ALL AND SHIPPING COSTS

Post by Gamma0611 » 1 week ago

I was interested in purchasing sterling silver chains that were part of the under $10 yesterday evening. The buy all was the best deal as it included 20% off. When I put the buy all in my cart is charged me 3 shipping costs. We know they will ship all 3 together in one package, so why charge 3 shipping costs as opposed to one? Needless to say I did not complete the order because of this.
4 x

CaribbeanGirl

Re: BUY ALL AND SHIPPING COSTS

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 week ago

You must be a new here SHOP LC has always done this. And we have complained about this for years. But people keep buying. If we would stop it or slow it down it might help get the point across. If you are new here just wait, there is much more to come.
1 x

CDK

Post by CDK » 1 week ago

I won a bunch of $1 auction items...The cost was 6 dollars, shipping was 19.95...I'm like really ShopLC...Oh and ShopLC called me last week stating they were FedExing me a UV flashlight 🔦...I got it and I'm so happy...
0 x

Beau_44

Post by Beau_44 » 1 week ago

This is somewhat related to this subject. Today, May 6, 2024, there was a banner across the top of the ShopLC homepage that stated, 'Free standard shipping with online orders of $50 or more'. Well, I ordered everything online with a total of $55. The shipping was NOT free. It was $60+. I looked around on the website for clarification of what 'online' meant in this offer but could find nothing. I called using the phone number provided. The agent told me that I would get free shipping if, "...one item totaled at least $50." Needless to say, I will be severely curbing my buying from this company in the future. (I had to sign up for autopay to get 50% off my shipping. UGH! What a hassle!)
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 week ago

Beau… I have NEVER EVER paid any shipping costs when purchasing ANY items that totaled $50 or more, whether it was 1 item or 5! That is complete and utter BS. That has never been the rule and I would argue that till the end of time. Someone pulled the wool over your eyes. I would call CS to verify that rule change. If that is the new policy I’m done! They need to specify that in the banner if so. That is false advertising! Shop LC your gonna lose customers one this one if true!
3 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 week ago

Beau if you attempted to get free shipping by shopping online in a browser: sometimes the cart defaults to "expedited shipping" which costs $9.99. You have to click the free shipping button to change it. I just tested my cart. Two items, each cost under $50 but total is more than $50 and shipping is free.
1 x

Beau_44

Hi Bella and Christee. Well, let's try this again. I posted a reply but needed to edit it and when I re-submitted it, it disappeared. Shocking, I know! Anyhow, I wanted to let you know that I did order all items online and the total came to $55. When checking out, I made sure the 'Free Standard Shipping' radio button was selected but my shipping charges for this order were over $60! I did call customer service to complain but she told me that I had to have ordered at least one item that was listed for a minimum of $50. Really!?!? She then stated that I could reduce the shipping by 50% by selecting auto-pay, which I did so I could at least get the shipping reduced to a certain extent. She did NOT offer to give me free shipping even though I repeatedly pointed out that the web site landing page stated, 'Free Standard Shipping on Online Orders over $50'.
BTW, I just fired off an email to customer service telling them that, in my mind, this is a deceptive advertising practice (among other things). Needless to say, I won't be lying awake tonight wondering if they will reply. LOL.
0 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 week ago

@Beau_44: Total BS. If order is over $50 you get free shipping, period!
What this customer service person said is totally FALSE. Call Personal Shopper and tell them what happened. I have had great luck with "problems" getting a Personal Shopper involved. This customer service person must have been new or just full of it.
2 x

Beau_44

Good news! I called the personal shopper person who could not help me, but he transferred me to the customer service department. Now bear in mind that I had already talked to customer service yesterday with lukewarm results, so I wasn't expecting much from this call. :roll: Unbelievably, the gal I talked to credited my shipping costs back to my card. :o I guess miracles can happen. Thanks for all your encouragement and advice. Have a great summer!
1 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 week ago

Good for you Beau! I knew what CS was telling you was a flat out lie. They need to train their agents better. What a hassle!
2 x