Something Strange OR a Change to Rising Auctions?

mpompadour

Something Strange OR a Change to Rising Auctions?

Post by mpompadour » 1 month ago

Last night I was cruising through the Rising Auctions and clicked on something that I liked. The item had bids already, but as I scrolled down to the bidding area, I noticed an extra button that had a Buy It Now button too. It's the first time I have seen it. When I went to refresh the page, it was gone. I clicked on other auctions, but I didn't see the new button again. I'm wondering if they are rolling out a new way to do auctions and I just happened to see an accidental preview of it. HMMMM. Maybe they are trying to find a way to cut down on the crazy bidders that go crazy bidding ridiculous prices. :?:
3 x

CDK

Re: Something Strange OR a Change to Rising Auctions?

Post by CDK » 1 month ago

I've been buying alot of silver jewelry etc, for a buck or 2, not anymore, now they are bidding that stuff up 2...I got the 460 carat morganite beaded necklace with 14kt magnetic clasp for 90.00...So far most of the stuff has met expectations, some stuff a little disappointing...The 5 carat 3 stone sapphire rings in silver were worth every bit of the dollar I paid...nice and hefty...
2 x

Chicago

Re: Something Strange OR a Change to Rising Auctions?

Post by Chicago » 1 month ago

mpompadour I had that happen to me also at an auction. They offer a price that was $10.00 less than I could buy it on the actual website and the offer was good for 10 minutes. I wondered also if this was a way to curtail overbidding.
3 x