Opatra Dermi Neck

Gulfwaterlady

Opatra Dermi Neck

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 1 month ago

Opatra was never listed on Shop LC's website, so I don't know if it is still being sold.
I bought the Dermi Neck in 2020 from Shop LC. It is the only cosmetic device I own. I found out on I am not a faithful user. I forget too often. Because of that, I did not see the results I had hoped for.
It stopped working about 3 months ago. I had one of my better moments when I kept the receipt and the box. I also mailed in the warranty card.. I called Shop LC.
Customer service verified my purchase. I was told all they could do was give me the Opatra phone number. That was fine with me until I fount out it was a London phone number. I told the rep there must be a US contact. He said no, only London.
In disbelief I went on the Opatra website. I found an email address. Opatra emailed back right away. They said to send the device to them. If it was not working, they would send me a new one. It was $20.00 for Fed Ex to mail it to their office in Las Vegas. Two weeks later I got a new one..
I gave them purchase info. They never asked me to send the receipt.
Great service!
Now I have to do better using it!

Why didn't Shop LC have a US contact?

I tried to change my address on the Shop LC website. I hate calling customer service. I tried twice with no results. The next day I tried again. I was using my Amazon Fire Tablet. The third time large letters announced I was banned from using the website! What a shock!
I used my laptop and I did not not get a notice that I was banned. But, I still couldn't change my address on My Profile. Such a horrible IT Dept.
I have not called customer service yet. I will wait until I have an order to place. That may be a while!

I have no more to write about, so the empty forum will continue to be a ghost town.

No one to blame by themselves.
6 x

Bella

Re: Opatra Dermi Neck

Post by Bella » 1 month ago

Gulfwaterlady, Hello! I agree Opatras customer service is great.I had the hair brush that failed and I called them and emailed a copy of my receipt and they sent me a free brush out ASAP. I did not have to send in the non working brush. When I purchased the hair brush there was a letter from SHOP LC with a toll free number to call with any issues.(the Vegas #) They definitely should have that number! It is 1-877-899-0078. Let’s see if they will let me post the number. Thank goodness I have kept that letter!
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 month ago

Opatra is a class act. When my Opatra Synergy died I did have to send it back to that Las Vegas address. They sent me an upgraded version of the Synergy and the packaging that it was shipped in was exquisite. Very impressive.
Shop LC's customer service is hit or miss. Some of these CS people know nothing and leave a customer in the lurch. If that happens just hang up and get another one, or personally I use Personal Shopper. Between customer service and their IT Department, Hosts leaving, the company seems to be in a mess or they are going through changes, or something is going on with this company for sure.
3 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 1 month ago

Bella wrote:
1 month ago
Gulfwaterlady, Hello! I agree Opatras customer service is great.I had the hair brush that failed and I called them and emailed a copy of my receipt and they sent me a free brush out ASAP. I did not have to send in the non working brush. When I purchased the hair brush there was a letter from SHOP LC with a toll free number to call with any issues.(the Vegas #) They definitely should have that number! It is 1-877-899-0078. Let’s see if they will let me post the number. Thank goodness I have kept that letter!
I had an Opatra brush that failed, too. I attempted to make a claim under the warranty. I had registered it on the website when I received it. They told me - via e-mail - that I was required to send back the dead brush. They e-mailed me a return label. HOWEVER, the label clearly stated that this kind of device COULD NOT LEGALLY BE MAILED due to the lithium battery. So the label was useless, the brush was useless and I put it in the (hazardous waste) trash. Never buying another Opatra product, either. Some customer service.
3 x

Bella

I don’t get it Shop LC mailed it to you! I would have sent it anyway or called them and tell them why you couldn’t mail it back. I never mailed mine back. I would stand my ground that if the product is bad and under warranty I should NOT have to jump through hoops to receive a replacement. I would have stood my ground on this one.
4 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 1 month ago

Speaking of opatra and now other brands does anyone have reservations about this stuff. I bought the hair brush. Is there any research one way or the other whether this technology is harmful? Some of these devices are really strange. I don’t think I want to strap these on my head eyes or face or wherever for any length of time. I’m afraid somewhere down the line it will be proven to be harmful; like emf from cell phones. Food for thought.
3 x

Bella

Red light therapy has been studied extensively for years. NASA has been using it for years for plant growth and wound healing in space. There are no side effects when using as directed. It can also help with increasing fibroblasts production which builds collagen. I’m all for anything that builds collagen! Of course there are ongoing studies to find all the advantages of red light therapy. My dermatologist gave me the ok to use red light therapy. To this day I have no crows feet and little to no wrinkling. I’m in my mid 60’s. I do keep up a good skin care routine with retinol and peels I do at home. Since using red light therapy my skin has never looked better.
4 x