Steve Cardone host

ExGemLover

Steve Cardone host

Post by ExGemLover » 1 month ago

Did any of you know this about Steve Cardone the host? I watched one of his music video's on You tube. Steve Cardone is a professional opera singer turned crooner.
In opera, he was a very rare Verdi Baritone, which adds magic and
intensity to his ballad singing. In 2004 he had two top ten hits on the New Music Weekly charts. Like Frank Sinatra, he is one of the few crooners who understands and has mastered phrasing, syncopation, and instrument singing.

Jazz Review writes: "Cardone is capable of playing his vocal wares in a lush, orchestral setting which can only enhance his potential to achieve popular & commercial success."
5 x

Gulfwaterlady

Re: Steve Cardone host

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 1 month ago

I wonder why men the age of Steve and Mr. C have not accumulated enough wealth to retire. If they haven't had a complete reversal of fortune because of divorce or investments that failed, why are demeaning their careers at the end of their lives.
What happened to retirement being about doing all the things on your bucket list? Or just golf, fishing, or being there when your family needs you. At their age they are fortunate to be healthy. But, that could end suddenly. Then you hear the, 'I should have done this or I wish I had done that when I could have'.
They are so foolish or maybe selfish.
1 x

Beau_44

Post by Beau_44 » 1 month ago

Speaking for myself, I retired in February of 2023. I really did not want to retire as I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. But the 40+ mile one-way commute in the middle of winter here in the rural Midwest became too stressful for me. Within the first year of retirement, if I had been afforded a chance to go back and work full-time in a job closer to home that I would have enjoyed and been interested in, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Retirement is a very important decision for everyone, but more so (I think) for those of us who are single as we must make the decision that is best for us. (We don't have a spouse's income to fall back on). I would NEVER criticize ANYONE for continuing to work into their retirement years. I believe working may give some of us old people a reason to get out of bed in the morning. So, kudos to anyone who wishes to and is able to continue to work into their 'retirement' years. Now I'll get off my soapbox. ;)
13 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 month ago

Steve: he doesn't make it a secret he has/had a singing career. He also sold gems for years and a gem book author, so he says.
Retirement: these days people can't live on their benefits. The economy is bad and cost of living is high. A few of my friends are retired. They have to work, even part time to make ends meet.
It's sad, but true.
12 x

redstarr1959

Post by redstarr1959 » 1 month ago

Sorry Ive heard him say this a million times. Still don't make him LESS .
3 x

redstarr1959

Post by redstarr1959 » 1 month ago

They edited my post It said Less Annoying
3 x

Vickyh2

Post by Vickyh2 » 1 month ago

So if he's had formal training as an opera singer, why doesn't he speak more eloquently? He just sits there like a big lump on a log, not knowing which camera to look at, and talks like he's sitting on a barstool at the local watering hole? I guess I expect him to not interrupt the other host and to speak in more educated, eloquent sentences --- rather than 'hum', or adding some non-relevant comment to the conversation.
5 x