Bolo Ring

2Blonde

Re: Bolo Ring

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

Ditto to every one of you! I hate bolo anything. I have a 5" wrist, so I would have about 3" of string dangling on a bracelet......can you imagine with that on my size 5 finger also? I ordered one bolo bracelet because I loved the stones, but never again. The chain is like dental floss, it's hard to adjust, the thing constantly flips over, etc. IMO, it's just a way for manufacturers to save on gemstones!
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
Ditto to every one of you! I hate bolo anything. I have a 5" wrist, so I would have about 3" of string dangling on a bracelet......can you imagine with that on my size 5 finger also? I ordered one bolo bracelet because I loved the stones, but never again. The chain is like dental floss, it's hard to adjust, the thing constantly flips over, etc. IMO, it's just a way for manufacturers to save on gemstones!
I have smaller wrist & fingers too. Guess if they put heavy charms at the end of those long chains, they could be used as self defense! 😋
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

With my luck I'd just swing my hand up and smack myself in the eye with the chain !
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
With my luck I'd just swing my hand up and smack myself in the eye with the chain !
😂😂😂😂Me too!
3 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

I forgot to add that I'm a big bracelet lover and like to stack 3-5 of them at one time. Can you imagine that many chains all getting tangled up and caught on my clothes and in my long hair!!! :shock:
5 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I thought it was just me that don’t like the bolo bracelets. It’s ridiculous looking and I don’t want part of a chain dangling around and hitting everything. A friend got one and it never stayed at the length she put it. I think it’s just a cheaper way for ShopLC to cut cost on extra gemstones or extra silver to make a nice bracelet in different lengths. I will never buy bolo anything and I received the cz bracelet and it’s so small, nothing at all like they showed on tv! It’s a regular bracelet, not a bolo and it’s like dental floss, it’s so flimsy and looks nothing like a 3 carat bracelet. I will be finished with ShopLC after my budget payments are done. I would ship it back but it’s not worth the hassle so I will eat the loss but not again 🧐
4 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I'm going to give it a try, it was diamonds and a great price and I can wear it on multiple fingers. I loved the bolo bracelets because I have a hard time fastening some bracelets and the one with the catches on both sides loosen and then the bracelet doesn't stay closed. A jeweler told me because silver is soft they will gradually get lose. I don't want to have to get safety chains put on all my bracelets or keep taking them to a jeweler to get tightened. Also many times I get a ring thinking I want to wear it on one finger then when I receive it it would have been better on another finger and it won't work. I buy bigger now and use the sizables. If this bolo ring doesn't work it can always be sent back. I go to the post office and it's less then $3.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
I'm going to give it a try, it was diamonds and a great price and I can wear it on multiple fingers. I loved the bolo bracelets because I have a hard time fastening some bracelets and the one with the catches on both sides loosen and then the bracelet doesn't stay closed. A jeweler told me because silver is soft they will gradually get lose. I don't want to have to get safety chains put on all my bracelets or keep taking them to a jeweler to get tightened. Also many times I get a ring thinking I want to wear it on one finger then when I receive it it would have been better on another finger and it won't work. I buy bigger now and use the sizables. If this bolo ring doesn't work it can always be sent back. I go to the post office and it's less then $3.
@Kittycat I do have bolo bracelets, but they aren't bracelets I can wear EVERYWHERE. A moderator (I believe it was Stephanie) said she wraps the hanging part around the bracelet, tucking it in, if she's doing something where two pieces of chain and two little balls at the end might get in the way.
One member here had me laughing because she said something about her bolo bracelets getting into her food at a restaurant. I believe she said her bolos have been in mashed potatoes and gravy.
😂
I've noticed that often they are part Sterling Silver and part Stainless Steel, the chain section being Stainless Steel.
I actually prefer that because Stainless Steel is stronger than Silver. But I still have to be careful when "closing" the bolo bracelets on my wrist.
I've purchased some as gifts and I always tell the recipients who haven't worn bolos, to pinch the chain together above the bead between your fingers, and while it's "pinched", push the bead slowly up to where you want it.
I also tell them not to tug on the bead to "undo" the bracelet, because part of the weakest section of bolo bracelets are the links at the top that hold the chains, especially if that section is Sterling Silver.
I like the "swingy" look of bolo bracelets, but I wear a lot of bangle bracelets at one time, so don't often mix them.
And I wouldn't want to wear a bunch of bolos at one time, because I picture them getting all tangled.
Also it might look like my arm has "fringe" on it!
😆
I have not seen the bolo rings. I'm going to have to have a looksie...I'm curious now!
Oh, and THANK YOU! You mentioned buying your rings a bit larger and using those sizing things. That is a great idea for me because my fingers each wear different sizes, AND the sizes often change with the weather.
Also the altitude where I am right now makes them tighter! My sister and I noticed this years ago when we'd visit here. Our rings were so tight we had to use soap and water (and a lot of twisting) just to get some of them off! And while here, some of them we couldn't get back on again until we got home to a lower altitude! I didn't believe my older sister when she mentioned this to us...until it happened!
Well, I LOVE rings, and as I'm aging, I know that arthritis will soon start as well as my knuckles getting larger! I don't want to have to pay to resize a ton of rings, so I'm going to do what you do from now on!
💍😊💍
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Has anyone seen Chuck Clemecys adustable bracelet with no "dangles"? (I watch all channels when they are showing jewelry btw. )
It seems like great technology. Just not sure how well it will hold up over time or how easy it is to work by ones self.
1 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Yes, I saw Chuck debut that new technology a few months ago. Very “new and improved “, seems much better than the bolo.
2 x