jade Bangle

CJM

jade Bangle

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

To customer Service: would you please put in a suggestion to the buyers for smooth finished (not carved)jade bangles? No gold swirls. no carving. Hopefully in other colors beside green? How many green bangles does a person need! The white is nice. Also more in size 8 and 7.5? I've looked on amazon at jade bangles; I'm not convinced they are real because of the price.
1 x

Gemsnob

Re: jade Bangle

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
To customer Service: would you please put in a suggestion to the buyers for smooth finished (not carved)jade bangles? No gold swirls. no carving. Hopefully in other colors beside green? How many green bangles does a person need! The white is nice. Also more in size 8 and 7.5? I've looked on amazon at jade bangles; I'm not convinced they are real because of the price.
The reason the price is low is because they are bleached, poly filled and dyed. This effects the toughness. They are the equivalent of costume jewelry. The white jade is natural, according to them, so should hold up. The other stuff though, the Asian market wouldnt be caught dead with it. Thats why its dumped here. Quality jadeite of any color, a bangle that is natural will cost in the high hundreds to a couple of thousand dollars.
5 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
CJM wrote:
4 years ago
The reason the price is low is because they are bleached, poly filled and dyed. This effects the toughness. They are the equivalent of costume jewelry. The white jade is natural, according to them, so should hold up. The other stuff though, the Asian market wouldnt be caught dead with it. Thats why its dumped here. Quality jadeite of any color, a bangle that is natural will cost in the high hundreds to a couple of thousand dollars.
Can confirm.
My parents collect Ming & Hunan dynasty and have an extensive jade collection.
It's so pretty.
I've bought some Jade rings and earrings here just because I wanted to.
4 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 4 years ago

[/quote]
[/quote]

This is absolutely TRUE!!! I own several certified Jadeite, grade A, which I have collected over the years. (Small fortune.) Shop LC would LOVE you to think their Jadeite is valuable, and on par with the comparison ads they like to show. Very misleading. Grade C is NOT Grade A, they are comparing to. Don't be fooled! Do research before you spend your money. And I'm not sure the "natural" they are selling isn't bleached to look like it's natural.
3 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

RoxiJade wrote:
4 years ago
[/quote]

This is absolutely TRUE!!! I own several certified Jadeite, grade A, which I have collected over the years. (Small fortune.) Shop LC would LOVE you to think their Jadeite is valuable, and on par with the comparison ads they like to show. Very misleading. Grade C is NOT Grade A, they are comparing to. Don't be fooled! Do research before you spend your money. And I'm not sure the "natural" they are selling isn't bleached to look like it's natural.
[/quote]
There's Jade and there's Chinatown Jade.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
RoxiJade wrote:
4 years ago

There's Jade and there's Chinatown Jade.

😂😅😆🤣😆😂😆🤣😂😆😂
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Early this year they were selling California Black Jade (I think it's Nephrite Jade) and they say it's natural. I hope it's true because high quality Nephrite Jade is increasing its price.
3 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

I too have jade from here. I know it's not the best, and I'm ok with that. I buy what appeals to me. So if its costume jewelry jade so be it. It's still pretty to me.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Kb wrote:
4 years ago
I too have jade from here. I know it's not the best, and I'm ok with that. I buy what appeals to me. So if its costume jewelry jade so be it. It's still pretty to me.
Most of my jewelry I bought because I like it not as an investment or to hand down to my girls. As long as people know what they are buying its fine. I feel badly for those who think they are getting valuable Burmese jadeite or Burmese rubies.
3 x