Pantone color of the year

Gemsnob

Pantone color of the year

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Did you hear? Its. Classic blue! I love lapis and I love most shades of blue. This should be fun!
Last edited by Gemsnob 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

RS

Re: Pantone color of the year

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Did you hear? Its Lapis blue! I love lapis and I love most shades of blue. This should be fun!
I had heard it was some milky whitish color. Like skim du jour.
0 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Did you hear? Its Lapis blue! I love lapis and I love most shades of blue. This should be fun!
Its classic blue. My bad. Ill correct it above.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Its classic blue. My bad. Ill correct it above.
I love blue! That’s great!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

And I probably have more blue gems than any other color other than diamonds (is that a color? 🤪). I always gravitate to blue. It’s not predominant in my house however. My She-cove is a coastal themed room so it’s got aqua blue. My master bedroom is in Grandidierite color(before I had even seen that stone) and gold. No blue elsewhere.
0 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
And I probably have more blue gems than any other color other than diamonds (is that a color? 🤪). I always gravitate to blue. It’s not predominant in my house however. My She-cove is a coastal themed room so it’s got aqua blue. My master bedroom is in Grandidierite color(before I had even seen that stone) and gold. No blue elsewhere.
I love coastal. I like teal blue and muted blues and greens. I used to love purple but a few years ago I shifted towards blues. As far as gems, I like most of them. I like opaques like pink opal and Royston turquoise. My favorites to collect are pearls of all kinds and bead strands. I can wear pendands on them and collect more ct weight from all different mines. And of course, who doesnt love diamonds. What do you think about lab diamonds? Im interested in seeing if they go down in price over time. Ive never been a lab grown gem person in the past.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
I love coastal. I like teal blue and muted blues and greens. I used to love purple but a few years ago I shifted towards blues. As far as gems, I like most of them. I like opaques like pink opal and Royston turquoise. My favorites to collect are pearls of all kinds and bead strands. I can wear pendands on them and collect more ct weight from all different mines. And of course, who doesnt love diamonds. What do you think about lab diamonds? Im interested in seeing if they go down in price over time. Ive never been a lab grown gem person in the past.
I love those colors too. My coastal room is a soft aqua and sand color. The closet doors and room door have been given a crackled weathered paint treatment. The furniture is that gray/sand washed wood.

I haven’t seen lab grown diamonds but I have seen my share of lab created colored stones. To me they just don’t compare.
1 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 4 years ago

London blue topaz looks similar to Pantone's Classic Blue color of the year. It's not quite navy and not as teal as indicolite.
1 x

Gemsnob

silleemee wrote:
4 years ago
London blue topaz looks similar to Pantone's Classic Blue color of the year. It's not quite navy and not as teal as indicolite.
Love them both. ❤
1 x