Adult kids are expensive

Gem Lover

Re: Adult kids are expensive

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@RS: Just the fact that your daughter did not ask for help says a lot about her and like you I would have helped too. But there are some kids that still rely on their parents for everything and expect their parents to support them and their families like they have not grown up. I know people who"s kids act like their parents owe them and they do not even appreciate what is done for them which I think is horrible, they are in their 40"s and 50"s and living with their parents who are struggling themselves, it is crazy. I lucked out, 3 out of 4 daughters have very good jobs and so do their husbands and make good money but I do help my youngest daughter out once in a while who like your daughter will not tell me she needs help, but she is a single mom of two and works very hard so when she needs help once in a while I do not mind helping. There is a big difference between those working hard and trying to do it on their own and those who do not keep a job and expect their parents to take care of them until they die.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
@RS: Just the fact that your daughter did not ask for help says a lot about her and like you I would have helped too. But there are some kids that still rely on their parents for everything and expect their parents to support them and their families like they have not grown up. I know people who"s kids act like their parents owe them and they do not even appreciate what is done for them which I think is horrible, they are in their 40"s and 50"s and living with their parents who are struggling themselves, it is crazy. I lucked out, 3 out of 4 daughters have very good jobs and so do their husbands and make good money but I do help my youngest daughter out once in a while who like your daughter will not tell me she needs help, but she is a single mom of two and works very hard so when she needs help once in a while I do not mind helping. There is a big difference between those working hard and trying to do it on their own and those who do not keep a job and expect their parents to take care of them until they die.
👏I agree. I can be very out spoken. I dont want to say anything on here that would upset someone. You said it very well!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

My husband was saying when it’s always something...if you have money to deal with the “something” it’s more of an inconvenience. When you don’t it’s constant mountain climbing. We’ve all been there when we were younger but it seems like nowadays it’s harder for the younger generation to get ahead.

We’ve helped her/her and husband a lot since she left on her own. But we’ve also had “sit-downs” with them and gone over their bills and spending habits when we had to bail them out of a huge financial mess.

They’re young. She’s just 21. We all are hoping (them included) that things get better for them. I want her to be secure and happy.🥺🥺🥺
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I have friends with kids like that. Ours, fortunately for all involved, are not that way. No entitlement. She was very grateful with the offer of buying tires last night...she cried and said that she hates that we always bail her out. We are glad we have the ability to do so.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I have friends with kids like that. Ours, fortunately for all involved, are not that way. No entitlement. She was very grateful with the offer of buying tires last night...she cried and said that she hates that we always bail her out. We are glad we have the ability to do so.
Its a blessing to be able to help. How many people are one paycheck away from being homeless? It makes me feel very fortunate.
2 x