They will not sell for auction price if too low

Catticus

Re: They will not sell for auction price if too low

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
All of this piece at a time is going to be very difficult and time consuming for @Moderator_Danielle .

SLC might want to consider some sort of “blanket” CS fix/good will gesture.

Just a thought as fixing one at a time could go on ad infinitum.
Agree, RS!

I received a broken crystal necklace in one of my last orders, and an Amethyst chips-beaded necklace with an Amethyst "geode" pendant.

The geode is pretty...for about 1/3 of an inch. Then it's white, and then under the white (all of this is visible from the side) it's a moldy green. Ick.

Both were definitely not "high end", but still.

I didn't return them because I doubt I'll be able to find them unless I rearrange everything - which I don't have time to do right now.

🙄
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
All of this piece at a time is going to be very difficult and time consuming for @Moderator_Danielle .

Agree, RS!

I received a broken crystal necklace in one of my last orders, and an Amethyst chips-beaded necklace with an Amethyst "geode" pendant.

The geode is pretty...for about 1/3 of an inch. Then it's white, and then under the white (all of this is visible from the side) it's a moldy green. Ick.

I didn't return them because I doubt I'll be able to find them unless I rearrange everything - which I don't have time to do right now.

🙄
Oh I totally get it Catticus. I am so behind returning things that are DEFECTIVE that I have to return. There’s nothing but maybe two thing that I just didn’t like.
These items are bad enough that I know they would never, or should never, resell them and I have just been procrastinating because of the headache and frankly it’s a PITA. And one just last week I threw out because it smelled so bad I couldn’t even get near it. Well actually husband did. He was not pleased about that. It wasn’t expensive but still.

And busy right with holidays yeah! I just now finished Mr. Elephant! Need to bake him in about an hour! Then he gets wrapped in a basket with matching tea towels and tea and tea ball!
2 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Copperbabe wrote:
4 years ago
I won an auction for $42 which retails for 1419.00. Normally this necklace sold for over $100 on auction. Later that week 2 more were on auctions days after I paid for purchase. Eight days later I received a email saying they canceled order!!!! They were out of stock. Lies!! I talked to two supervisors saying they could do nothing. Next day same necklace went on auction. I was clearly lied to. When I called again to find out why, they lied again saying my necklace was pulled because it was not a good one. Lies everything goes thru Quality control before it goes into stock. Especially because this was a Premium necklace. I have been buying for over fifteen years and know how it’s works. Filing complaint. There is one now up for auction and I was told to bid again. Why should I??? They should have filled my order!!!!!! I am not done with this. What can I do???
I have had this same issue resolved in 2 different ways. Unfortunately you spoke with bad CS representatives. You have GOT to be persistent until you actually get someone who wants to help. First if the item goes up for auction again, then buy it ... no matter what the price. Then call CS before you pay. They will credit you the difference so you pay the original price. I have had a CS rep do this for me. If for some reason you can't get a rep to adjust the price, then just don't pay and let it expire. But it worked for me. Also, another time I got a helpful CS rep and He actually found a very similar same size tanzanite ring from regular stock that he shipped to me at the auction winning price. He even expedited the shipping at no charge.

I think there are some good Customer Service Reps who want to make things right when ShopLC messes up, but unfortunately I think there are also a lot of poorly trained CS reps who don't know how to make adjustments. When they don't know how, they either think its impossible to to, or they just don't want to go through the bother of asking for help from someone else for making an adjustment. In my experience, when SLC goofs up and they can clearly see that they did by looking at your purchase history, then they will try to make it right...IF YOU TALK TO THE RIGHT PERSON!
5 x

Catticus

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Agree, RS!

🙄
Oh I totally get it Catticus. I am so behind returning things that are DEFECTIVE that I have to return. There’s nothing but maybe two thing that I just didn’t like.
These items are bad enough that I know they would never, or should never, resell them and I have just been procrastinating because of the headache and frankly it’s a PITA. And one just last week I threw out because it smelled so bad I couldn’t even get near it. Well actually husband did. He was not pleased about that. It wasn’t expensive but still.

And busy right with holidays yeah! I just now finished Mr. Elephant! Need to bake him in about an hour! Then he gets wrapped in a basket with matching tea towels and tea and tea ball!
Oh, RS!

I've been thinking of that Christmas Party you and your husband are going to and the elephant teapot you were thinking of painting in the company colors!

I think you said the colors were red, yellow and black. But that you would possibly add a different color or two, as well.

I'm so sorry I didn't ask! It's been *blah* for me here, lately. It's tiring and well, I love my parents but I need someone else to take over for now! For a LONG time.

But, that's just absolutely NOT going to happen, so here I am. Depressed during the holidays. Then there's the "let down" afterwards too. The new year scares me because it means more hospital visits for my parents and two years ago my mother said "This will be my last Christmas." We all were positive it would be. And it seems to only bother myself and my twin. Well, of course my father as well.

But now three heart attacks, and two stents in two major areas of her heart ON TOP OF HER OTHER MAJOR ILLNESSES?

I'll be honest. I don't want the responsibility. I see her reading and she'll fall asleep and I quietly walk up to see IF SHE'S BREATHING. Because face it, that's going to happen.

They have grandchildren and great grandchildren who live so close by. Yet who they rarely see.

And a daughter who lives close but doesn't visit.

They have BBQs at their own homes all the time, all together. They don't invite my parents. They don't even bring by food from the tons of leftovers. They love to cook, so...how about if each did a dinner or two a week? Then there would be more variety and less SOUP.

Do they really expect me to do EVERYTHING? My older sister acts like she's done her duty for the year if she drives them to an appointment one time.

My mom will soon need her pain pump replaced. That will be outpatient but still requires anesthesia. She has a pacemaker too. She has double scoliosis of the spine with degenerative disk disease. Her spine is shaped like a question mark. There is nothing supporting those lower disks which are crumbling slowly AND pressing onto nerves in her spine. Thus the need for the pain pump inserted.

And she has glaucoma, macular degeneration, and Type II diabetes. There's more, but it would take too long!

I'm worried about her going under anesthesia again.

My twin and I just say to each other "It could be this year."

I am mentally drained.

Sorry for the depression post!

I was picturing myself at that party and receiving your basket with the tea and the tea towels and ball, AND THE ELEPHANT! I pictured how someone is allowed to steal it or take it? And I got mad! Ha! Ha! I was picturing getting that elephant and having someone allowed to take it and I thought: "Call me a Party Pooper, immature, whatever. But seriously, if anyone tried for it I'd be the "Spoil-Sport" of the game because I would say "Ohhhhh, no. Game or not, he's MY ELEPHANT! I can't give him away! I've already named him!"
🐘💞🐘💞🐘💞🐘💞🐘💞🐘💞
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

Agree, RS!

🙄

Oh, RS!

I've been thinking of that Christmas Party you and your husband are going to and the elephant teapot you were thinking of painting in the company colors!

I think you said the colors were red, yellow and black. But that you would possibly add a different color or two, as well.

I'm so sorry I didn't ask! It's been *blah* for me here, lately. It's tiring and well, I love my parents but I need someone else to take over for now! For a LONG time.

But, that's just absolutely NOT going to happen, so here I am. Depressed during the holidays. Then there's the "let down" afterwards too. The new year scares me because it means more hospital visits for my parents and two years ago my mother said "This will be my last Christmas." We all were positive it would be. And it seems to only bother myself and my twin. Well, of course my father as well.

But now three heart attacks, and two stents in two major areas of her heart ON TOP OF HER OTHER MAJOR ILLNESSES?

I'll be honest. I don't want the responsibility. I see her reading and she'll fall asleep and I quietly walk up to see IF SHE'S BREATHING. Because face it, that's going to happen.

They have grandchildren and great grandchildren who live so close by. Yet who they rarely see.

And a daughter who lives close but doesn't visit.

They have BBQs at their own homes all the time, all together. They don't invite my parents. They don't even bring by food from the tons of leftovers. They love to cook, so...how about if each did a dinner or two a week? Then there would be more variety and less SOUP.

Do they really expect me to do EVERYTHING? My older sister acts like she's done her duty for the year if she drives them to an appointment one time.

My mom will soon need her pain pump replaced. That will be outpatient but still requires anesthesia. She has a pacemaker too. She has double scoliosis of the spine with degenerative disk disease. Her spine is shaped like a question mark. There is nothing supporting those lower disks which are crumbling slowly AND pressing onto nerves in her spine. Thus the need for the pain pump inserted.

And she has glaucoma, macular degeneration, and Type II diabetes. There's more, but it would take too long!

I'm worried about her going under anesthesia again.

My twin and I just say to each other "It could be this year."

I am mentally drained.

Sorry for the depression post!

I was picturing myself at that party and receiving your basket with the tea and the tea towels and ball, AND THE ELEPHANT! I pictured how someone is allowed to steal it or take it? And I got mad! Ha! Ha! I was picturing getting that elephant and having someone allowed to take it and I thought: "Call me a Party Pooper, immature, whatever. But seriously, if anyone tried for it I'd be the "Spoil-Sport" of the game because I would say "Ohhhhh, no. Game or not, he's MY ELEPHANT! I can't give him away! I've already named him!"
🐘💞🐘💞🐘💞🐘💞🐘💞🐘💞
Oh Cat...I am sorry sorry about your parents and that you and your twin seem to be the ones who are solely responsible and the only ones who seemingly care.
Your relatives really should visit because they will regret it one day when your parents are no longer around. Mine are not and I always wish I had been given just one more day with them. Just one...
I wish you peace and some sense of harmony this season.

The party is in 5 hours! I hope they like my elephant. I ended up painting him to match the towels I got. Not company colors which are yellow black and white. Since the elephant is white I thought painted like that he might resemble a bumble bee 😳
Anyway..I am pleased with the colors. I hope all goes well.
He’s my first one I am “letting go”...bye bye elephant. 🥺

I’ll be around before I have to get ready and then later tonight. My husband will actually be on duty tonight during the party and if he gets called out I’m not sticking around. So we shall see...🥰🥰🥰🥰
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Dear Catt, Please do not be down hearted, (I know, easier said than
done). I may not know exactly how you feel, we all have our lots in life.
One day at a time, just cross each bridge when you come to one.
Your parents are so blessed to have you near. Just in
case nobody has told ya, "you're an angel."

Luv ya angel
Last edited by honey 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

honey

honey wrote:
4 years ago

Luv ya angel
PS when you put your weary head on your pillow at bedtime, instead
of sheep....count elephants!! :lol:
4 x

Catticus

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Oh Cat...I am sorry sorry about your parents and that you and your twin seem to be the ones who are solely responsible and the only ones who seemingly care.
Your relatives really should visit because they will regret it one day when your parents are no longer around. Mine are not and I always wish I had been given just one more day with them. Just one...
I wish you peace and some sense of harmony this season.

The party is in 5 hours! I hope they like my elephant. I ended up painting him to match the towels I got. Not company colors which are yellow black and white. Since the elephant is white I thought painted like that he might resemble a bumble bee 😳
Anyway..I am pleased with the colors. I hope all goes well.
He’s my first one I am “letting go”...bye bye elephant. 🥺

I’ll be around before I have to get ready and then later tonight. My husband will actually be on duty tonight during the party and if he gets called out I’m not sticking around. So we shall see...🥰🥰🥰🥰
Oh, they won't have ANY regrets. Trust me. They'll be around to collect the spoils. TRY TO, anyway.

But, they've bled them dry enough as it is.

A bumble bee elephant!
😂

🐘🐝🐘🐝🐘🐝🐘🐝🐘🐝🐘🐝

I hope you have a good time! I understand completely about letting him go!

It's very hard for me to let go of anything I've done as far as "Art" goes. I have a friend who oil paints and they are absolutely beautiful. I wanted one of them SO badly! His mother has some of them (including the one I WANT) hanging up in the lobby of her medical office.

He says the same thing. It's really difficult for him to give them away or even to SELL THEM.

I wish I could see your Elephant! Give "Elwood" a big kiss for me!

Thank you RS, for your kind words and wishes!

🦋🐘🌺🌾💦💦💦🦆💦💦💦🌾🌺🐘🦋
1 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

I feel your pain Copperbabe! Same thing happened to me last week with a ring I won on the auction....took 9 days to tell me it wasn’t available. I saw one on the catalog site (more money of course!) and contacted customer service. Was told there were no more available! Soooo frustrating! Went back to buy it from the catalog side and it was gone...but of course I never received one! Ughhhhhh!!
3 x

honey

honey wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago

Luv ya angel
PS when you put your weary head on your pillow at bedtime, instead
of sheep....count elephants!! :lol:
Oh and RS, what the heck!! Have a great time at that party. We'd all
like to know what white elephant that YOU come home with!! Some
lucky duck there will be going home with a beautiful white elephant
and tea and tea towels from you.
2 x