Pictures are Deceiving

Massagenut

Pictures are Deceiving

Post by Massagenut » 4 years ago

Pictures of gemstones look the same in every picture representation of that gemstone no matter what ring size. There are variations in stone cutting. Very hard to tell what you will receive. Very frustrating!!!

Oh, and what you receive for particular gemstones are WAY way smaller than what is shown in the picture, ie: Amber.

Anyone else had this problems? :roll:
2 x

JewelryQueen

Re: Pictures are Deceiving

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

YES! i wish they would give at least approximate mm size on amber. I got a pendant that would be lucky to be big enough to be an earring.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
YES! i wish they would give at least approximate mm size on amber. I got a pendant that would be lucky to be big enough to be an earring.
I did too. A pendant the size of a drop earring.
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Very deceiving pictures & used to be on the RA too!! Unfortunately years ago when they had beautiful loose gems & geodes, I won the auction for a drusy but it said geode. My bid was $45 & I was expecting a big rock, because I had already got a sliced amethyst geode & a huge chunk of an amethyst geode. But to my surprise, it was smaller than an egg and only half of it. I felt so duped & would never have paid $45 for a teeny tiny little crystal geode. I didn’t pay that for the amethyst geodes I won & that’s my birthstone and love it. I’ve also gotten really small pieces off the tv even though it showed them to be bigger. Very deceptive & I am always looking for a measurement now
3 x