NOW I KNOW WHY SO MANY BIDDERS HAVE SAME NAME

GEMLOVER60

NOW I KNOW WHY SO MANY BIDDERS HAVE SAME NAME

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 4 years ago

Here it is, I have been watching and bidding. The multiple name bidders are people who work for SLC, they bid their max amt that the item actually sells for on the site, minus any coupons, if you hit the price or high you will win. I just won a auction for a ring that had a max bid of the price item was selling for on the site minus the coupon(the original bidder was one of those name that appears on just about every item). The item was selling on their site at $29.99 then you get 30% off. I won the bid at $23.00 and paid more with the shipping and taxes than if I would have just bought the ring. So there, you have it, it is rigged and that is just not right...a scam....I paid for the ring and will no longer be using their auction site, unless I want to win a 1.00 item for 2 dollars......WELL ROBERT YOU REPLY AND THEN I AM BLOCKED SO I CAN NOT REPLY TO YOU....I don't care what you say, someone is sitting the bids at the price SLC wants for the item, after it reaches that amt. it can go as high as someone is willing to pay. The fact is, the items never really start at $1.00. Know I am more sure this is the case because you would not let me reply....oh that is childish!!
Last edited by GEMLOVER60 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Moderator_Robert

Re: NOW I KNOW WHY SO MANY BIDDERS HAVE SAME NAME

Post by Moderator_Robert » 4 years ago

GEMLOVER60 wrote:
4 years ago
Here it is, I have been watching and bidding. The multiple name bidders are people who work for SLC, they bid their max amt that the item actually sells for on the site, minus any coupons, if you hit the price or high you will win. I just won a auction for a ring that had a max bid of the price item was selling for on the site minus the coupon(the original bidder was one of those name that appears on just about every item). The item was selling on their site at $29.99 then you get 30% off. I won the bid at $23.00 and paid more with the shipping and taxes than if I would have just bought the ring. So there, you have it, it is rigged and that is just not right...a scam....I paid for the ring and will no longer be using their auction site, unless I want to win a 1.00 item for 2 dollars......
We deeply apologize that you feel you may not be getting the price you prefer. We do not have employees who bid on items to increase the price. Unfortunately, when it comes to an auction the end price is a result of the bids placed. This is the risk of purchasing through an auction and is ubiquitous of any auction process. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know.
0 x

GEMLOVER60

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 4 years ago

oh, now the post is back. Robert, I know that someone is setting those prices at a max. bid of what SLC wants for the item, of course, after it reaches that max. that was set, it can go as high as one is willing to pay. So, all of the items never really start at $1.00. Rather those people are employed by SLC or just paid in some way, I don't know. What I do know is, the auctions on SLC is fixed.
4 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

look at at all the puffer coats today, for example. Irene and Merilee have made over 70 bids (against each other) in the span of less than 2 seconds according to the bid histories.l...that is not HUMANLY possible even if you sat there with your finger on the key. TOTALLY RIGGED AND FAKE!!!
2 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

look at at all the puffer coats today, for example. Irene and Merilee have made over 70 bids (against each other) in the span of less than 2 seconds according to the bid histories.l...that is not HUMANLY possible even if you sat there with your finger on the key. TOTALLY RIGGED AND FAKE!!!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
That can and does happen when there is a MAX BID put in ahead of time. Clearly they each have a max bid so the system will automatically bid up to their max amount.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
That can and does happen when there is a MAX BID put in ahead of time. Clearly they each have a max bid so the system will automatically bid up to their max amount.
Yep! That's my take too!
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Ditto.
5 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Merrily Merrily ( My name for he/she)is now bidding on coats. Wow.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I wouldn't bother with the auctions until Monday. There are a half dozen or so whackadoodles bidding 400% of what some of the items go for on the retail side. Heavy, heavy sigh.
4 x