Moderators Please Investigate

Deggroll

Moderators Please Investigate

Post by Deggroll » 3 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone! I realize that the moderators are probably enjoying this time off with their families. I post this in hopes it will be seen when you return from holiday.

There is a user who keeps putting a starting autobid of roughly 50 dollars on things that can be purchased for 70. She has done this on so many auction listings and it is very frustrating. There are items that I didn't even bother to pursue after seeing their username in the bid history because of this. They have already won some of them and there is no way any one person will pay that much for the same item over and over again. I noticed in previous post that someone else mentioned an issue with this user as well (maybe someone else with same name, I do not have item number for that one though). It would save myself and others a lot of aggravation if you could see if this is a fake account and/or take action on this behavior that is unfair to other bidders. Username is Linda. Item listing number 3621253. Thanks
6 x

Boston Irish

Re: Moderators Please Investigate

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Sorry to tell you she has been here a long time. Good luck. Merry Christams.🍀
5 x

buyitall

Post by buyitall » 3 years ago

You are wasting your breath! I complained about overbidders on auction site before. I see a lot of bidders continuing to complain...and NOTHING is ever done! Don’t you love it when you look at an item on the regular website that sells for $24.99 and then you see it on the auction site and think about bidding on it to save some money....ONLY to see that someone has bid something like $40 or MORE for it??? Are these bidders stupid or do they just have money to waste? Either way ShopLC is making loads of money on many auctions when people continue to bid lots more than Shoplc’s normal selling price! I’ve weaned myself almost completely off of auctions! I WILL get completely weaned soon! LOL!!!
8 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Talk about over bidders I hope ROSA has a very JADE Christmas and DONNA S has a very PURSE Christmas!🎄😊🍀
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

The thing is they DO NOT BUY THEM when they do this, that is why in a few days you see the item back on the auction, so I would think Sop LC would be losing money.
5 x

SeaBee

Post by SeaBee » 3 years ago

I am so mad! She has been putting high autobids on almost every single listing she bids on! I can't help but wonder if they permit this behavior that this is an employee or bot bidding on behalf of the house? I would certainly hope not, that would be very dishonest not to mention illegal...
3 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 3 years ago

Deggroll wrote:
3 years ago
Merry Christmas everyone! I realize that the moderators are probably enjoying this time off with their families. I post this in hopes it will be seen when you return from holiday.

There is a user who keeps putting a starting autobid of roughly 50 dollars on things that can be purchased for 70. She has done this on so many auction listings and it is very frustrating. There are items that I didn't even bother to pursue after seeing their username in the bid history because of this. They have already won some of them and there is no way any one person will pay that much for the same item over and over again. I noticed in previous post that someone else mentioned an issue with this user as well (maybe someone else with same name, I do not have item number for that one though). It would save myself and others a lot of aggravation if you could see if this is a fake account and/or take action on this behavior that is unfair to other bidders. Username is Linda. Item listing number 3621253. Thanks
Good Afternoon Deggroll,

Thank you for your message! We are so sorry to hear this is happening! We were able to locate the account responsible and have notified our web teams to investigate the account and take corrective action on it. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused during this!
2 x