Security concern

Ireland

Security concern

Post by Ireland » 3 years ago

Hi everyone. This is GS. I'm here because of what I've had happen on the App in the last 24 hours.
When I go to check my BP, 6 different times it has pulled up things I didn't order. When I click on the order #, I can see the person's first and last name, address, etc. I've not pushed on to see what else I can get to. I've had 2 names show up twice then two other names . I took screenshots and emailed CS AND THE PRESIDENT. I've begged him to tell me what is happening and what they are doing to fix it. How can our info be secure? I changed my pin number and removed my payment methods. I have gotten nothing but CS emails saying "I am sending to the concern department. Please don't worry, our site is secure". First what is a " concern department"? Did they make a department that deals with all concerns or do the mean "the concernED department"? I often have difficulty deciphering emails because English isn't their first language.
I think we should all be worried. I don't know if it's the App, BP or their whole site. I just ask that you pay careful attention and I think this is a wake up call for me.
Hope you are all well. Thanks for asking about me H. 💖
16 x

Katniss

Re: Security concern

Post by Katniss » 3 years ago

Ireland wrote:
3 years ago
Hi everyone. This is GS. I'm here because of what I've had happen on the App in the last 24 hours.
When I go to check my BP, 6 different times it has pulled up things I didn't order. When I click on the order #, I can see the person's first and last name, address, etc. I've not pushed on to see what else I can get to. I've had 2 names show up twice then two other names . I took screenshots and emailed CS AND THE PRESIDENT. I've begged him to tell me what is happening and what they are doing to fix it. How can our info be secure? I changed my pin number and removed my payment methods. I have gotten nothing but CS emails saying "I am sending to the concern department. Please don't worry, our site is secure". First what is a " concern department"? Did they make a department that deals with all concerns or do the mean "the concernED department"? I often have difficulty deciphering emails because English isn't their first language.
I think we should all be worried. I don't know if it's the App, BP or their whole site. I just ask that you pay careful attention and I think this is a wake up call for me.
Hope you are all well. Thanks for asking about me H. 💖
@Ireland
This is very ALARMING!!!!
I hope you get answers because I'd also like to know how something like this could happen.
Thank you for the heads up.
15 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good morning,

We are terribly sorry for the issue at hand. This is now top priority and we have our full IT department working closely and diligently to resolving this error as soon as possible. We want to thank you for reporting this problem. We appreciate your business and want to make sure we meet your expectations. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you further. Thank you for being part of our family at Shop LC.

Best Regards,

Alex W.
11 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

this is VERY concerning ! I've not had this happen but I have read others posting about this issue.

Hope this is resolved quickly - Gypsy
16 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Thank You GS for the Information, even though I don’t order any more, I may in the future if some problems start getting fixed. I saw something similar several, several months ago, phone numbers, etc. never really thought much about it then. 🤔. Not good..... H. 😊
12 x

DoubleLshopper

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

I have had this issue before more than once and this is the response you get from customer service: “Sorry, change your password”. The has been an issue that has been going on months.
11 x

Ireland

Post by Ireland » 3 years ago

DoubleLshopper wrote:
3 years ago
I have had this issue before more than once and this is the response you get from customer service: “Sorry, change your password”. The has been an issue that has been going on months.
I've had it happen before too but not 6 times in a matter of hours. People have posted here so I know it happens. I'd like to know why it's a continuing issue and what they do to fix it.
12 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

I've heard this type of problem many times over recent months and it's a serious matter.

I just deleted the ShopLC app from my phone. I'm also staying away from RA and live tv. Although I don't have concrete evidence, it seems to me that when I go to either live tv or RA - problems happen with my phone or laptop. When I click on "community" and the button jumps around for 4-6 seconds before I'm logged in shows some sort of "problem."

I don't know if doing this will solve anything though.
3 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

We have confirmation from the Supervisor of our web team that there is a patch that will go live tonight that should eliminate this issue. Please let us know if you have any further concerns. Thank you for being part of our family at Shop LC.
9 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

What does this mean: a patch will go live tonight????? Just CALL ME MS. DUH AGAIN. OH MY I DONT UNDERSTAND. :?: honestly
8 x