Cat Moms

anniebelle

Cat Moms

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Need some help please. What brand and formula of kitty litter do you use? I don't know what happened, but what I used for my little girl just isn't working for Milo! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ. Don't know if the formula changed, or just the user! :lol: :lol: :lol:
8 x

Rena

Re: Cat Moms

Post by Rena » 2 years ago

Are you sure it's the litter? Male cats especially are prone to UTIs and bladder infections. Often a cat thinks it's the litter box causing pain so they go somewhere else.
We use clay litter not scoopable as the dust from scoopable can cause issues if inhaled. Best of luck. ๐Ÿ˜บ
8 x

anniebelle

@Rena , oh he's using the box just fine! The problem is the litter isn't clumping like it did with Annie. I don't know if I got a bad batch, or they changed the formula. Or he is so meticulous in arranging things, the clumps are falling apart!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
6 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...H๐Ÿ˜Š
5 x

anniebelle

AD wrote: โ†‘
2 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...H๐Ÿ˜Š
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok what brand?
3 x

Dolores

Post by Dolores » 2 years ago

Hi!! Decided to drop by nervous about my shot. I tried all kinds of litter I have found clump and seal the best at one time I had 6 cats all went to St. Francis farm. I recused 2 from the streets have them 2 years. Wish people that throw their animals out could see the damage that is done. I have one that has feline aids nothing special needs to be done, the other is terrified of everything.
9 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

@anniebelle I use crystal cat litter for my 3 I find it easier, I usually use the Fresh Step crystals but the Vibrant Life crystals at Walmart are a little cheaper. I always spray the top of any litter with my water bottle when I first put it in the box so any dust does not kick up when they first use it, I started doing this when my cat Lilly would always be the first one in the fresh litter and then would wheeze from it but spaying it when I first put it in just to slightly dampen it keeps the dust at bay and she no longer does that. The crystals' do not clump but I find it works better for odor and last longer with multiple cats. I scoop out the solid stuff each day and throw it in the toilet and once a week I change the litter. The crystals absorb the urine. When I change the box I rinse it out and dump the dirty litter box water in the toilet too.
6 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

My daughter uses ...Tidy Cat Clumping litter. I guess it works. I DONT DO LITTER BOXES ANYMORE ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š... :lol: :lol: H๐Ÿ˜Š. I think what Gemlover uses would be awesome. ๐Ÿ˜Š
5 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 2 years ago

Dolores wrote: โ†‘
2 years ago
Hi!! Decided to drop by nervous about my shot. I tried all kinds of litter I have found clump and seal the best at one time I had 6 cats all went to St. Francis farm. I recused 2 from the streets have them 2 years. Wish people that throw their animals out could see the damage that is done. I have one that has feline aids nothing special needs to be done, the other is terrified of everything.
I agree with you 1000% about abandoning pets. I have some low-class neighbors, who put their elderly father in a care home. They left 2 cats, to fend for themselves/be MY burden (even though I have a houseful of pets, myself--or rather maybe that's WHY they did it). I fed the cats (I have 4 small dogs and an indoor cat, so bringing them inside wasn't an option), for about 4yrs. The cats eventually "re-homed" themselves, but drop by here and there, waiting for the low-class neighbors to return (the house has been vacant the whole time). It's the saddest thing EVERRRRRR, to see those cats come back and wait on the steps. I would've reported the low-class neighbors to animal control, but I had hoped to keep the cats around to keep the rodents at bay, considering the house is sitting there empty.
6 x

JA

Post by JA » 2 years ago

It's heartbreaking when people abandon their pets. In my town there are feral and non feral colonies that a group of people feed. They also get the cats spayed or neutered to cut down on the population of homeless cats. It's really sad especially in the winter.
7 x