Cat Moms

Gem Lover

Re: Cat Moms

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

People abandon ducks out here on the water and it makes me angry. The domestic ducks can not fly so they are easy prey for predator's and are not use to being left out during our very cold and snowy NH winters so I end up caring for them. I just rescued another Peking duck a couple of weeks ago, I was taking my dog for a ride and she was walking down a back road where there are no houses so someone must have dumped here there. I pulled over and she came right to me, I put her in my SUV and it was funny she sat there with the dog and road home without an issue. She was thin and very hungry. When we got home and I put her with my other ducks she ate and drank like crazy, the funny thing is she acted like she had been living here forever, she is so cute and sweet and she loves my male duck Aflac he is the same breed as her and is disabled, I named her Marshmallow since she is all white and she has been laying eggs every day like my other duck Cocoa (she is a very deep brown color). I also have two stray cats that come twice a day to eat.
8 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Oh, so Marshmallow enjoyed the ride in the car? Proves she was someone's pet, don't you think? I'm so glad you found her!!!
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

@anniebelle Yes she was someone's pet because those types of ducks are not from the wild, they are kept as pets or raised for duck meat, they are the same breed of duck that you see on Asian restaurant's menu's.
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
@anniebelle Yes she was someone's pet because those types of ducks are not from the wild, they are kept as pets or raised for duck meat, they are the same breed of duck that you see on Asian restaurant's menu's.
Oh no! :o :o :o
2 x