25 percent off “luxury items”???

Moderator_Danielle

Re: 25 percent off “luxury items”???

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
I know ShopLC has its issues, but I think they must have lawyers that would tell them that they can't lie about the one for one campaign. I dunno, maybe a handful of beans & rice is 6 cents if you buy in bulk and have volunteer cooks and servers. But I wonder where the 6 cent number came from.
Hello Hot4TENER,

Our program is in partnership with Akshaya Patra (India) and No Kid Hungry (America).

Here are links to both:
https://www.akshayapatra.org/
https://www.nokidhungry.org/

So far 15 million meals provided successfully. Giving back is very important for SHOP LC, that is what begun this initiative to begin with. Thanks for your feedback.
0 x

Moderator_Danielle

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I can confirm as of today, it's 16 million meals....and counting. ;) At least that was what Amit was reporting.
Considering all the sales it's possible. I haven't received an update yet that is usually shared with us monthly. Still glad it's growing!
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I can confirm as of today, it's 16 million meals....and counting. ;) At least that was what Amit was reporting.
Considering all the sales it's possible. I haven't received an update yet that is usually shared with us monthly. Still glad it's growing!
I think Amit may have just found out but its ok Danielle. How can you be on top of everything? Youre already Superwoman!!!
1 x

Moderator_Danielle

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I think Amit may have just found out but its ok Danielle. How can you be on top of everything? Youre already Superwoman!!!
Can't take all the credit have a great team that also makes things possible. Happy to help :D
3 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
I know ShopLC has its issues, but I think they must have lawyers that would tell them that they can't lie about the one for one campaign. I dunno, maybe a handful of beans & rice is 6 cents if you buy in bulk and have volunteer cooks and servers. But I wonder where the 6 cent number came from.
Hello Hot4TENER,

Our program is in partnership with Akshaya Patra (India) and No Kid Hungry (America).

Here are links to both:

So far 15 million meals provided successfully. Giving back is very important for SHOP LC, that is what begun this initiative to begin with. Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks Danielle! You are ALWAYS very on top of things. I typed my post as you were posting your first response to this thread. I wasn't questioning SLC, I was questioning where the number of 6 cents came from. I do believe that the meals have been provided. I actually just heard a media expert give a presentation on "FAKE NEWS". (It was very interesting and informative btw) Anyhow, he stressed the importance of verifying and evaluating the the source of information. So I really wonder where Vicky came up with this number. Also, I was contemplating whether it is possible to provide a meal for 6 cents if that figure is accurate. I haven't responded to you directly before, but I do read your posts and surely realize that YOU are the BEST gem that SLC has to offer. Merry Christmas!
4 x

Moderator_Danielle

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Hello Hot4TENER,

Here are links to both:

Thanks Danielle! You are ALWAYS very on top of things. I typed my post as you were posting your first response to this thread. I wasn't questioning SLC, I was questioning where the number of 6 cents came from. I do believe that the meals have been provided. I actually just heard a media expert give a presentation on "FAKE NEWS". (It was very interesting and informative btw) Anyhow, he stressed the importance of verifying and evaluating the the source of information. So I really wonder where Vicky came up with this number. Also, I was contemplating whether it is possible to provide a meal for 6 cents if that figure is accurate. I haven't responded to you directly before, but I do read your posts and surely realize that YOU are the BEST gem that SLC has to offer. Merry Christmas!
Hello!

No worries I had no concerns that you didn't believe us. But I did want to share resources. Because you are right, I still hear my old teachers voices in my head "cite your source! Who said that?! Did you say that?! Did you invent this information?!". And I appreciate the sentiment. I am just grateful you guys are giving us a change to make things right!
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Hello Hot4TENER,

Here are links to both:

Hello!

No worries I had no concerns that you didn't believe us. But I did want to share resources. Because you are right, I still hear my old teachers voices in my head "cite your source! Who said that?! Did you say that?! Did you invent this information?!". And I appreciate the sentiment. I am just grateful you guys are giving us a change to make things right!
Hi Danielle. I accidentally made a thread when I thought I was answering a post and can't delete it.
I had 4 dogs barking and humans of all sizes yelling. 😫😫
1 x