Here we go again.....

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Here we go again.....

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

That reply by Catticus was beautifully written.
All my frustration with Shoplc has led me to vent here.
Our beloved, fun, great prices site has been sabotaged by new management. Alot of us have been regular long time customers of Shoplc ( LC standing for low cost). Such drastic changes made by him will cause SLC to fail shortly. Most of my social media contacts moved on to better value sites. Most complained about very long boring presentations, with having to wait an hour for the REAL final price, real final clock. Gone are the days when it was fun to attach coupons to things we wanted on the web. It was a 2 way street. We got a great buy. Shoplc sold things from the web that didn’t sell on air. Now its a waste of time even trying to see if a item we want is eligible for a coupon. Always NOT eligible. I got better prices at other sites. That was not that way before new management took over, and is quickly destroying our fave shopping channel. BELIEVE IT OR NOT😡
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

jhardy1456 wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah and I see that shipping for Canadians is back to F you Canadians!

item subtotal $120.00
Shipping - $ 191.76

Total - 311.76

This is no longer funny!! This is a total RIP OFF! Your not going to get away with this!!
Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago

Hello Jhardy,

I have messaged you regarding shipping over the weekend. I will be sending an additional message today.
@jhardy1456

Hello, J. Hardy,

I looked back on this thread and now I believe I see what happened.

You received an email about a post you made (I don't know if it's on here or if it's been removed) and the above is your reply to the person who sent the email.

It looks like she told you about the rules when posting and gave you a warning. A warning is a number that goes on your profile. Many of us have warnings. We don't know how many warnings before a person is banned. One member was banned, but I believe for about a week, then she was able to log in.

Many of us have numbers (warning) on our profile section. Some receive an email. Some are told on the forum.

This is all done by the ones who work for SLC and handle the forum. "Moderators."

Danielle said she sent you a message. But because that was three days ago, and nobody knew what the message to you said (and never will) can you understand why we were all so surprised when you posted back tonight? We had no idea who you were replying to.

I see now that you were replying to Danielle, but not to her email address. You replied on the open forum and because none of us know what Danielle had said to you (she emails people about their orders also because it's private information) here we were all chatting away when your reply showed up.

It looked like you were talking to us. And in some ways, you were. Stating that those who shop here are morons.

J. Hardy, I can fully understand the reason you're upset. We've pretty much all been there!

Many of us have apologized to Moderators and other members, for things we said while we were frustrated and angry.

It's easy to get that way buying on here lately.

I saw the post about Canadian shipping not being that high, and I believe that is THAT member's experience.

Yours is a different experience. Yours is with SLC, and we've all seen their shipping and handling rates go up. And no, we are NOT happy about it. Then there's the new tax on the S/H which makes anything affordable INSTANTLY UNAFFORDABLE.

I've seen sales, put items in my cart, and when I saw the S/H plus taxes, it was as if it was no longer on sale.

That's why I stopped shopping here as well as others. A lot of us on here are only waiting for our last bit of orders to arrive. Then we'll be shopping elsewhere.

If a person isn't used to a forum, it can be confusing. When you're replying to a certain post, you find that member or Moderator's post and hit the blue "quote" symbols on the top right of their post. It will then be in the space you will be typing your reply. But it's still confusing. Just make sure you type your response underneath theirs - especially under the last word which will be [/quote]

Otherwise your words will get all mixed up with theirs.

You don't have to use the quote marks. You can just hit reply and type their name and then write your post.

Anyway, I understand your feelings about the response you received by one of the male moderators, but their job is pretty much limited to this forum and forwarding our comments or questions to whatever department deals with the issue we've discussed in our post.

Nobody thought you were lying about the cost of your full order. We were surprised. Shipping and Handling rates have gone up, but not as high at other stores and places, as they seem to have here (that I know of.)

I am sorry you have had this awful experience.

Like I said, I not only would NOT pay it, I COULD not!

I'd return it.

I do not know what you were told in your recent email from Danielle. Nobody does. I also don't know what you were told by Danielle regarding what to do about the outrageous S/H and tax fees.

The taxes are a new law here. We are now taxed on S/H. But MANY places offer much lower (and often free) shipping.

SLC has on some items, but the items change so much that I can't keep track of which items the "Free Shipping" applies to because they are known for saying things like "Excludes blah blah and blah blah blah" which are usually the items members want.

So, that's one of the many reasons so many decided not to continue shopping here.

I would dispute the charge if I were you. I don't know if you've returned it and are waiting for a refund or what.

But believe me, read our different topics (called "threads"). You will see the many angry members dealing with orders they haven't received yet, refunds they have not received, you name it. You will then also see that no, we do not blame you for being ticked off.

But there are pretty much rules on most forums. No personal attacks on a person, no swearing, etc.

I certainly hope this gets cleared up for you. So many of us would NEVER be able to pay that amount of money.

I don't believe those are the usual Canadian rates. No, I don't.

I believe they are SLCs high shipping rates and the taxes. And who would pay more for shipping than the item is worth?!?!

Maybe Danielle can help you? She's helped so many of us on here.

She's very understanding and really goes out of her way to help.

Her email is: danielle.jackson@shoplc.com

I hope this helps. I hope it all gets straightened out for you!

Happy Holidays to You and Yours with Many, Many Blessings!

💫 🕊 🌟🎄🌟 🕊 💫 ☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️
Last edited by Catticus 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
That reply by Catticus was beautifully written.
All my frustration with Shoplc has led me to vent here.
Our beloved, fun, great prices site has been sabotaged by new management. Alot of us have been regular long time customers of Shoplc ( LC standing for low cost). Such drastic changes made by him will cause SLC to fail shortly. Most of my social media contacts moved on to better value sites. Most complained about very long boring presentations, with having to wait an hour for the REAL final price, real final clock. Gone are the days when it was fun to attach coupons to things we wanted on the web. It was a 2 way street. We got a great buy. Shoplc sold things from the web that didn’t sell on air. Now its a waste of time even trying to see if a item we want is eligible for a coupon. Always NOT eligible. I got better prices at other sites. That was not that way before new management took over, and is quickly destroying our fave shopping channel. BELIEVE IT OR NOT😡
AGEEE....AGREE.....AGREE❗❗❗❗
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

jhardy1456 wrote:
4 years ago
Boy you people really think highly of yourselves! Please name those other sites you have seen me on, I would really like to know, problem is your full of it. The people who are out of control are the ones who shoot their big mouths off when they do not know what they are talking about! like the one guy who told me to cry to my Government because it is there problem?? There is no difference shipping from Canada to the US and back depending on what it is. He has no idea what he is talking about but he has to get his 2 cents in. Another one says I am a liar Canadians do not pay that much. I have about 10 more you will be able to read them when I post them on my sites. So if your going to attack me and call me a liar and telling me I have no idea what I am talking about then your going to get a fight. And no one who responded to me kindly was ignored. I read them. Being from Canada I pay much more for everything from the states because of the dollar so when I get hit with un-necessary shipping charges on top of that why would I stand for it. The FACT is I buy sell, ship to and from countries all over the world and I HAVE NEVER paid such high shipping prices in my life, and I have been doing this for 40 years. So if your going to try and rip me off then your going to hear about it. As for posting in here ----I DID NOT WANT TO --- But it seemed the only way to get in touch with ANYONE at SHOP LC and no I have no idea you don't shop here, I don't even know how to use these forums yet. It seems anyone I tried to reply to after I got a message from them I would get a Forum does not exist message. There are two sides to every story and before you go talking behind someones back you should think about that. So if you want to shoot your big mouth off go ahead, I'm watching now so I can answer you. What about you RS? you want to "Bring it on"
Everything you post on here comes off as angry, hateful even threatening. One post said "Shoplc will pay for this". You tell people to "bite you". No one here has had that tone with you until this last post when it appeared you were attacking us. We sympathize with you but being angry and hateful with us doesnt help your situation. Just because we are in this forum doesnt mean we are all still shopping here. Just try to calm down and take a breath. Nothing gets fixed with saltiness. Try a little kindness and cooperation.
2 x

Gemsnob

jhardy1456 wrote:
4 years ago
Boy you people really think highly of yourselves! Please name those other sites you have seen me on, I would really like to know, problem is your full of it. The people who are out of control are the ones who shoot their big mouths off when they do not know what they are talking about! like the one guy who told me to cry to my Government because it is there problem?? There is no difference shipping from Canada to the US and back depending on what it is. He has no idea what he is talking about but he has to get his 2 cents in. Another one says I am a liar Canadians do not pay that much. I have about 10 more you will be able to read them when I post them on my sites. So if your going to attack me and call me a liar and telling me I have no idea what I am talking about then your going to get a fight. And no one who responded to me kindly was ignored. I read them. Being from Canada I pay much more for everything from the states because of the dollar so when I get hit with un-necessary shipping charges on top of that why would I stand for it. The FACT is I buy sell, ship to and from countries all over the world and I HAVE NEVER paid such high shipping prices in my life, and I have been doing this for 40 years. So if your going to try and rip me off then your going to hear about it. As for posting in here ----I DID NOT WANT TO --- But it seemed the only way to get in touch with ANYONE at SHOP LC and no I have no idea you don't shop here, I don't even know how to use these forums yet. It seems anyone I tried to reply to after I got a message from them I would get a Forum does not exist message. There are two sides to every story and before you go talking behind someones back you should think about that. So if you want to shoot your big mouth off go ahead, I'm watching now so I can answer you. What about you RS? you want to "Bring it on"
No one told you to cry to your goverment, no one called you a lier, no one talked behind your back, no one attacked you. How do you interupt things that way? Sounds like shipping charges are just the tip of the iceberg. Im not being rude. If you depend on shoplc for resale purposes, I can see how this can be very stressful and effecting your life. Just try to understand that we werent trying to make light of how you felt.
Last edited by Gemsnob 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Gemsnob

When the laws went into effect that internet retailers had to collect state taxes on sales, I did a little research. I live in Ohio and it is optional for retailers to tax S & H. I dont know what other state laws are. If it is required that they tax S & H then maybe its easier to do it for all sales.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

jhardy1456 wrote:
4 years ago
I really don't give a crap about your Board etiquette! Or if I get a big warning! Keep buying crap from them and keep getting ripped off. I guess some of you are just to ignorant to be helped. Not my problem. And I won't post any more so those who got annoyed from my warnings don't get upset. So your replies fall on deaf ears. f%^%$ing Morons
This post WAS about us. “Keep buying crap from them”
THEM = US

He thinks (or maybe someone did) flag one or more of his posts.
He received a warning.
“Those who got annoyed from my warnings...”
Those = US

Our “replies fall on deaf ears. f morons” He is referring to US.

He was angry and came here to take it out on SLC and US. The forum members/shoppers/former shoppers.

And guess who was the first member he encountered?
3 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
jhardy1456 wrote:
4 years ago
I really don't give a crap about your Board etiquette! Or if I get a big warning! Keep buying crap from them and keep getting ripped off. I guess some of you are just to ignorant to be helped. Not my problem. And I won't post any more so those who got annoyed from my warnings don't get upset. So your replies fall on deaf ears. f%^%$ing Morons
THEM = US

He received a warning.
Those = US

He was angry and came here to take it out on SLC and US. The forum members/shoppers/former shoppers.

Its apparent now that it takes a lot to get the boot. :lol:
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
jhardy1456 wrote:
4 years ago
THEM = US

He received a warning.
Those = US

That’s RIGHT...I’m STILL here!
3 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

THEM = US

He received a warning.
Those = US

That’s RIGHT...I’m STILL here!
I dont see how you have any warnings. I think they were testing their powers. :D
2 x