4 years ago
Glad you’re back RS. Thought maybe you’d
succeeded in deleting your account. Don’t let the
someone here get to you. It’s not worth it. I don’t
care for the canvas/other straps on the handbags
either but I have found on ebay lots of leather
straps for purses. They come with the hardware
you need, different metal colors AND have
measurements! Reasonably priced as well.
For my marc jacobs crossbody that came with
a leather strap, I purchased 2 different guitar
straps that are great for variety when I get
bored with an outfit.
Thank you Spooky. I will try. I just feel myself pulling away though.

I will check out EBay. I have purchased straps at the Big River. They too come in colors, lengths, widths, different hardware. I just like a long strap. Too bad this Chaos one is not leather because the length is perfect. I like my bag to hit at my thigh (at the very least below my hip bone) and I am 5’7 1/2”. So yeah, long strap.
I’m tall 5’-9” and long in body so I’m like you and
need the longer strap as well. I find that any cross-
body that has 25” strap drop works for me and if
it’s adjustable all the better.
3 x

RS

Re: Well here we go, the good...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
And the not so good.

Today I received several things. (This is just today. I have gotten several items the last few days)

First was a large-ish box. Inside the box was a nicely wrapped handbag, another sealed box and a ring. There was a lot of the large bubble inserts inside the box.

The handbag (as I said) was nicely wrapped. I unwrapped it and it is far far nicer than expected. It is faux leather but quite nice. This is a bag my daughter asked me to order for her. She is flying out to DE soon and wanted a bag as her “personal carry on” besides her suitcase that she could carry her iPad and essentials and also have handles and a long strap. This fit the bill. It is quite cute actually and in a pretty dark gray with a wave pattern.

So GOOD
————
The other box in the box is the Gemoro kit. Nicely packaged, bubble wrap inside. Everything looks nice.

So GOOD
————-

The RING. It is a Neon Apatite ring and no, it’s not expensive BUT IT WAS Literally TOSSED into the bottom of the large box. Just alone, a little blue box all alone AND OPEN. The ring was in amongst the bubble wrap. Yeah, in a plastic baggie but not in the box. It should have been wrapped separately at the very least!
The ring appears to be okay. I haven’t checked it yet for loose stones. This seriously upsets me.

So BAD
————

In another package I received another nicely wrapped handbag. A Chaos crossbody. This one is ADORABLE! Sooooo cute! Ok, I am not too crazy about the canvas strap. However because the strap has swivel clips I can easily buy a new strap. In fact I may get a couple so I can change colors! This Chaos bag has a great color combination with perfect color/pattern placement!

So GOOD

————-
Inside that package, WRAPPED SEPARATELY, as it should be was a Grandidierite ring. Ring is in good condition as far as packaging goes. Here is the thing...I love the style and I knowwww that stone has inclusions. But, this one has a white stripe across the stone and I just don’t think I can deal with that. None of my other Grandidierites have a white stripe. And of course, the ring is out of stock.

So, not so good. Disappointing.

———-

In a separate package I received a Sukriti bag. This, for me, would be a personal carry on as it is on the large side. I could not resist it though because of the design. Blue peacock. And it is stunning. Perfectly packaged.

So GOOD.

——-
I am seeing a pattern. The non-jewelry items seem to be packaged with more care. And the inspection process (??) is better.

And yes, I know this is in the CS section.

I have also not heard one word about three price adjustments I requested days (a week??) ago.

Seems awfully quiet here.

I am expecting another Chaos bag (travel size), a robe for daughter, a couple of pendant necklaces, a yellow gold/tanzanite band ring.

Not all have been shipped.

Fingers crossed.

So not all bad. Not all good either.
RS, you are a dream customer and ShopLC absolutely should go the extra EXTRA mile to keep you happy!

If SLC doesn't give you the difference of the 35% on your three items (or a coupon) - then SLC truly doesn't know how to do good business! I hope you get refunded. Your time to return items not correct is worth something!
More like a nightmare you mean! Or am I just unlucky? Maybe they are sick and tired of me ordering?

But thank you❤️ That is so sweet to say.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
Glad you’re back RS. Thought maybe you’d
succeeded in deleting your account. Don’t let the
someone here get to you. It’s not worth it. I don’t
care for the canvas/other straps on the handbags
either but I have found on ebay lots of leather
straps for purses. They come with the hardware
you need, different metal colors AND have
measurements! Reasonably priced as well.
For my marc jacobs crossbody that came with
a leather strap, I purchased 2 different guitar
straps that are great for variety when I get
bored with an outfit.
Thank you Spooky. I will try. I just feel myself pulling away though.

I will check out EBay. I have purchased straps at the Big River. They too come in colors, lengths, widths, different hardware. I just like a long strap. Too bad this Chaos one is not leather because the length is perfect. I like my bag to hit at my thigh (at the very least below my hip bone) and I am 5’7 1/2”. So yeah, long strap.
I’m tall 5’-9” and long in body so I’m like you and
need the longer strap as well. I find that any cross-
body that has 25” strap drop works for me and if
it’s adjustable all the better.
Yeah, I'm long in the torso as well. Seems things have mostly been made for short waisted gals.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Im thrilled that most of your things are as expected. I also bought a 9.5 ct Grandidierite solitaire pendant with about .28 ct diamonds surrounding it, on a 18” 925 chain for $999.95, or $1187 after tax and shipping.
The Grandidierite had a white mark on top. Ruined the entire stone. How does shoplc feel that it’s ok for a customer to pay over $1000 for this. 🤬 If that wasn’t upsetting enough, it got lost in the return mail after it was out for delivery in Austin, Texas. The aggravation was He.. until I got the refund. If I ever have to return a costly item again, I will pay for signature required.
Well at least I didn’t FAINT when a 40% coupon was attached to the Grandidierite next week, making it $400 less at $599.00. Can you imagine if I kept the stone and saw that 40% coupon after it was too late to return mine😳
Mine wasn’t that pricey, the diamonds were okay, I haven’t ventured into that range for this stone...others yes and more! But yes, the white mark? Not pleasing. I would have been livid if it had been lost. They want it returned a certain way then provide that method. Once it is out of our hands it’s done and out of our control.
I mean, should I fly it to Austin personally?
Did you ever get one where you liked the stones?
RS, I purchased & returned 2 different Grandidierite rings. First one-too dark for what I wanted (I like the sea glass color even if it's not supposedly the better quality). Second ring-cluster with different shades of stones. Neither one had any stones w/white stripe(s), I wouldn't like that either.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Yes. I got a pair of 3.5 ct dangle earrings with Grandidierite and zircon in 925 fir total of $98. I like the earrings. The blue green is medium color, clean between translucent and opaque. It won't have collectible value, just bragging value. Its a neutral color, which is helpful. I did buy a loose 3.36 oval Grandidierite stone. Perfect color, but closer to opaque. I only paid $25 at Amazon, so I kept it.
2 x

ula

Post by ula » 4 years ago

I have also received today my Chaos crossbody bag. Love the bag, but the packaging was horrible. The bag was flattened and pushed into bubble envelope. Needless to say, the bag was " out of shape". Stuffed it full of paper to iron out the wrinkles, hope it will help since I want to keep the bag.
I suggest that packers and inspectors should put their name in the package so the lousy workers can be identified.
Hope you gals are doing better with your purchases, not having to return items.
BTW, have you noticed the new increased prices even on older merchandise? :roll:
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

ula wrote:
4 years ago
I have also received today my Chaos crossbody bag. Love the bag, but the packaging was horrible. The bag was flattened and pushed into bubble envelope. Needless to say, the bag was " out of shape". Stuffed it full of paper to iron out the wrinkles, hope it will help since I want to keep the bag.
I suggest that packers and inspectors should put their name in the package so the lousy workers can be identified.
Hope you gals are doing better with your purchases, not having to return items.
BTW, have you noticed the new increased prices even on older merchandise? :roll:
The outside of the bag that my crossbody came in had a huge numeral 1 written on it in sharpie pen. I wonder if that meant an inspection?

I hope yours gets back “into shape”. I also hope they come up with new designs.

And I have noticed increased shipping on non jewelry items. I assumed it was due to tariffs. However with items that were in stock before those should not have increased shipping.
It’s like when the price of oil increases all the gas stations ALL of them immediately raise their prices.
Well...all that gas in those tanks underground at your station has been there for MONTHS. Long before that increase.
That’s called price gouging.
3 x