Was I Actually Lied To By Customer Service?

Hayhaypaula

Was I Actually Lied To By Customer Service?

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

I bought a rought (sic) tanzanite ring #3472947 at the very end of November. The ring was super cheap $14.99 and I used a 35% coupon and bought it when shipping was $1. Yes, I am too poor! I got it quickly, and thought it was kind of cheaply made, but perfect for the price! It fits perfectly, too.

Now for the bad: The tanzanite stone has a huge crack across almost the entire top of the stone. It is still intact, but I was concerned it would break off if I bumped into anything. I kept checking the stock levels because there weren't many showing available in my size. There WERE plenty showing available in all other sizes. Soon there were no more left in my size, and I didn't want to have to get a refund, and then pay full price, and full shipping for a bigger size.

Last night I decided to check stock again and there were 2 in my size (8). I called customer service about 4 a.m. First he told me I could NOT return a defective ring after 30 days; then he put me on hold, came back, and said ok. I specifically asked if the 2 showing in my size might be customer returns with defects. He said they don't do that. I asked what happens if there aren't any left by the time they process my return. I was hoping to have them send me a size 9 if the 8s were all gone. He said nope, I would get a refund.

HERE'S THE BEST PART: Today, I searched for the ring by "rought tanzanite ring" which always finds my ring. The result was no items found. I know there were many other sizes available. I went to my previous order and clicked the link into my ring's page. GUESS WHAT I FOUND AT 8AM? Every size in this ring has been lined out, while only the size 8's box is greyed out. I couldn't order one if I wanted!

So it seems that I may, or may not, get a refund, and I WILL lose out on getting another one of these rings.

I know this seems petty since the ring was so cheap, but it is the principle. I am poor, and have to stretch my dollars. This was the only way I could have tanzanite! I made the purchase in good faith, and feel tricked by this sudden removal of the ring from their catalog. The customer service rep said nothing about this on the phone 4 hours ago!

The web site is: https://www.shoplc.com/bali-legacy-roug ... /p/3472947

Maybe I should make the top of the stone on my ring come off, and epoxy it back on so I can keep the ring, and at least get some enjoyment out of it!

I am so disappointed with Customer Service!
4 x

Gypsy

Re: Was I Actually Lied To By Customer Service?

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
I bought a rought (sic) tanzanite ring #3472947 at the very end of November. The ring was super cheap $14.99 and I used a 35% coupon and bought it when shipping was $1. Yes, I am too poor! I got it quickly, and thought it was kind of cheaply made, but perfect for the price! It fits perfectly, too.

Now for the bad: The tanzanite stone has a huge crack across almost the entire top of the stone. It is still intact, but I was concerned it would break off if I bumped into anything. I kept checking the stock levels because there weren't many showing available in my size. There WERE plenty showing available in all other sizes. Soon there were no more left in my size, and I didn't want to have to get a refund, and then pay full price, and full shipping for a bigger size.

Last night I decided to check stock again and there were 2 in my size (8). I called customer service about 4 a.m. First he told me I could NOT return a defective ring after 30 days; then he put me on hold, came back, and said ok. I specifically asked if the 2 showing in my size might be customer returns with defects. He said they don't do that. I asked what happens if there aren't any left by the time they process my return. I was hoping to have them send me a size 9 if the 8s were all gone. He said nope, I would get a refund.

HERE'S THE BEST PART: Today, I searched for the ring by "rought tanzanite ring" which always finds my ring. The result was no items found. I know there were many other sizes available. I went to my previous order and clicked the link into my ring's page. GUESS WHAT I FOUND AT 8AM? Every size in this ring has been lined out, while only the size 8's box is greyed out. I couldn't order one if I wanted!

So it seems that I may, or may not, get a refund, and I WILL lose out on getting another one of these rings.

I know this seems petty since the ring was so cheap, but it is the principle. I am poor, and have to stretch my dollars. This was the only way I could have tanzanite! I made the purchase in good faith, and feel tricked by this sudden removal of the ring from their catalog. The customer service rep said nothing about this on the phone 4 hours ago!

Maybe I should make the top of the stone on my ring come off, and epoxy it back on so I can keep the ring, and at least get some enjoyment out of it!

That's really awful, hopefully one of the Mods can help you
4 x

Hayhaypaula

Thanks for the kind words Gypsy! I barely clicked "post" and you replied. You must be a speed reader!
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for the kind words Gypsy! I barely clicked "post" and you replied. You must be a speed reader!
😁 yeah I do read rather fast
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Hopefully Mod Danielle can help you, if it were me, I don’t think I would epoxy the ring. I too, am on a very tight budget especially with a large family. I’m afraid the epoxy might hurt the gem 💎 further. Or maybe call personal shopper and ask them, I’ve had more success with them finding a product, especially since they change item numbers frequently. 1-877-899-0490 and tell them the item number & ask them to help you find another since no one else can locate it. Hopefully they can help you get another ring. 🌹
5 x

Hayhaypaula

Ginger, those are great ideas! I am hoping Danielle will see this and give me some reason for why they did this. It was obviously done after my call to customer service. We'll see! Thanks again. I love this forum. I've gotten so much great insight from everyone's posts. Forewarned is forearmed.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have learned from experience if I get a defective item I do not send it back and wait for them to replace it because it sells out before they send one out. I go online to see if they still have one in my size and order it right away and then I send back the defective one and they give me a refund other wise you end up losing out on the item you want. I am so sorry that this happened to you. Maybe it could be replaced with one similar in price.
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Thank you HayhayPaula for the nice words, but I really think you should call personal shopper with the number I listed. You won’t believe the times I have called them trying to find an item, since if they are low on quantity, the item number changes. They’ve always helped me find an extra one even when it was saying sold out. Hope this helps, they’re available all the time. 🌸
2 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago

Good Afternoon, Hayhaypaula!

I am so sorry to hear this happened to your purchase, as well as your recent experience with us! I agree it is strange that the item would be marked as completely gone after reporting the defect to us so soon. However, we the Moderator Team would be more than happy to look into this for you and see this resolved as soon as possible. If you would, may you please provide an email to us at customerservice@shoplc.com with the order number?

With this, we will have a direct line of communication with each other, as well as checking into this item to see what happened to it that would make it disappear so quickly.
3 x

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago

I think not all customer service reps are at the same level of experience. I absolutely would reach out to Danielle who seems to make a good effort to help in these situations. I have also hung up and called again to see if I can get a better helper. I really have had very good experiences with customer service in the past. But, I agree, don’t wait for a refund. See if you can’t buy the one you want and return the defective one. I do know I and another person on this blog have experienced things being replaced with another defective item. They took it back but it just is a hassle. They need to work on quality control in this area. I had a bracelet I LOVED and retuned it twice— the third time still defective. Stones were missing in my neon apatite little flowers on the side of the solitaire. I know not everyone can do this but I took it to my jeweler and had him remove the three little stones on the one side so the bracelet now was just a solitaire and they worked with prongs to make them disappear and not interfere with silver and the basic design I loved. I just really liked the bracelet or I would have said three times your out! It was ridiculous and costly. I won’t do it again.
4 x