Shady business

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Shady business

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I sent back a clearance item that the chain came so knotted, that no tool was able to unknot it. When I got the refund, they deducted 25%. I had a fit. Customer service blamed it on a warehouse error and refunded the 25%. Had they paid a quality assurance person, that knotted chain would not have been shipped. Its very aggravating when I have to return something. The long wait at the post office is just a part of it. I think if a company was fined for sending damaged goods, a lot less would be shipped damaged😡
8 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Rolltide: And if an item gets cancelled for an unknown reason, they should notified the customer by e-mail. I found out that was happened to me with a pair of earrings that I recently ordered.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
8 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Yep! ☺
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Okay, I said I would post and let everyone know of my experience when done with some refunds, but this may not be the last post. Unfortunately I shopped for some items during clearance, and received many damaged items. Several necklaces had badly knotted chains where they were just dropped in the bottom of the plastic bags for shipping. A clasp on one beaded necklace was so small and short that you could not operate it at all. One ring had a missing stone. Two rings had settings that were off and stones not set properly which was easily visible even to my bad eyesight. Couple of pairs of earrings had plastic backings that wouldn't hardly go on the post, and you bend the post slightly each time you try to put them on, plus the backings stopped short of my ear, wouldn't slide on up to my ear. One of the rings where setting was off (three stone ring) even had a stone that was a smaller size and not cut the same, looked terrible. I called when I received these items, first was told would be a restocking fee, then was told they were keeping the sales tax AND shipping, etc., something different every time. When I finally spoke to someone in billing, I was so aggravated, they told me to just send it back and I would receive a full refund, just call in to get the rest refunded after it was processed. I have called in for first refunds, was given full refund, but told it was ONLY a courtesy this one time regarding clearance? Called today for few more items that were refunded to get full refund, gave first item # to them, was a knotted chain on the pendant that I couldn't even get out with a straight pen, man in billing said the warehouse marked it as not defective and I would not get my shipping back on it. I asked for supervisor and now have a 24 hour wait to receive a call from a supervisor. I am done shopping with this company. When it is finished with them, if I don't get refunds, will report to BBB and FTC. Was told by rep in billing originally that I would get full refunds, but you can't rely on anything anyone says.
Hello Rolltide,

I am happy to help with any orders yo have concerns about. Can you reach out to me at danielle.jackson@shoplc.com? Want to make sure to make this right for you :).
5 x

Moderator_Danielle

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I sent back a clearance item that the chain came so knotted, that no tool was able to unknot it. When I got the refund, they deducted 25%. I had a fit. Customer service blamed it on a warehouse error and refunded the 25%. Had they paid a quality assurance person, that knotted chain would not have been shipped. Its very aggravating when I have to return something. The long wait at the post office is just a part of it. I think if a company was fined for sending damaged goods, a lot less would be shipped damaged😡
Hello,

May I have the order information at danielle.jackson@shoplc.com to take care of this for you?
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Oh, and I kept a pair of the defective earrings with the plastic backs. I needed them as they were a perfect match to the opal necklace I had ordered. Went through half of a jewelry box until I found a pair of silver backings that were snug enough to use with them. SLC you need a disclaimer on your clearance sales that states no matter the condition of what is received (defective findings, knotted chains, blackened chains, stones missing, bad prongs, terrible quality stones, i.e. dead opals, Burma saphires faded looking, not anything like what is aired) you have to eat it, and even if defective, you will forfeit the sales tax (interesting), shipping, and even a restocking fee if it suits you or if the agent you get on THAT day tells you so. In other words, you just make it up as you go along. Also the gentleman who gave a full refund on the first ones I called about told me he was just working as a supervisor for extra money to feed the family, you know? Well, I do know, but also what I know is that this company cares nothing for the customer or OUR money poorly spent, so I am fed up with the whole thing. I just want my full refunds, as promised, and to leave. I don't care if it is 1.00, I am going expect you to honor your words, PERIOD, end of story. Am done with the multiple response gig, I just don't care anymore, just wanted my money back. In case anyone is wondering, the dollar amount of clearance I kept is greater than the amount of the returns.
Hello Rolltide,

If a clearance item is defective it is eligible for return. I am sorry for any confusion. i am happy to address any orders you need help with.
4 x

Moderator_Danielle

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
And one more thing....if all of a sudden you see no more posts from me before I can get these refunds settled, you will INDEED know that I have been banned in order to silence me on the forums, for THIS is the place that publishing bad customer experiences hurts worst, NOT on other websites, for it is here for all of their customers to see, and many more will readily see it than to search other sites for it, unless they have problems with the company as well.
Rolltide,

No one is going to ban you. May I have the order information so I can take care of this for you? @Rolltide
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

@Rolltide I’ve got loads of the stainless steel jewelry too & it still looks beautiful. I’ve got some abalone in silver & sponge coral & mother of pearl. I get lots of compliments on them & they were all under $15, from way back when the price was more affordable. I too have one of those LG jewelry boxes & love the anti tarnish protection. 🦋🦋
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Okay....more stuff bought in last 2 years....a ton of abalone shell jewelry set in sterling, some set in stainless steel, used to be obsessed with it. I think it is so pretty. The stainless pieces still look as new as the day they arrived. Of course the sterling pieces are good too because they are stored in LG silver safekeeper. I also bought a lot of the basic sets of these with earrings and necklace to give as gifts. Everyone always loved them.
@Rolltide

Love - love - love my Abalone Shell jewelry pieces ❗ I have quite a few pairs of earrings and pendants a bracelet and one ring. A 'must wear to beach' down here.
I receive so many compliments when I wear my Abalone shell pieces. All from my RA days and all still look BEAUTIFUL 🤗 Gypsy
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
FINAL UPDATE: A woman named Rhonda called me back. She says there is nothing she can do. She also told me SLC has sent back the two garnet rings I sent them stating they were also clearance. They were not. They were ordered from a several hour event for Orissa Rhodolite Garnet, and the rings had purple, blackened looking patches all over them, not like the ring on air. There was nothing on the screen saying clearance, nor on the website, nor on my order, nor on my invoice. I will now take it to BBB and FTC, and call my credit card co, nothing else left for me to do. And now I can say I no longer shop with SLC with absolute CERTAINTY. They are outright crooks.
I'm sorry all this has happened. Maybe Danielle can help? I know sometimes it takes her some time to catch up but I think she will answer your email. Hope everything gets straightened out for you.
4 x