Disappointed with my order

luvmygirls

Disappointed with my order

Post by luvmygirls » 4 years ago

I ordered set of 5 Murano style earrings 3434261 and only received 3 out of the 5. Whoever did my order was doing a sloppy job. I contacted customer service thru chat to ask them to send the missing earrings and was told I had to send it back and get replacement or refund. At this point I chose refund. If something comes in sets wouldn't it make sense to have it all together rather than package them separately?
5 x

Blossom

Re: Disappointed with my order

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

luvmygirls wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered set of 5 Murano style earrings 3434261 and only received 3 out of the 5. Whoever did my order was doing a sloppy job. I contacted customer service thru chat to ask them to send the missing earrings and was told I had to send it back and get replacement or refund. At this point I chose refund. If something comes in sets wouldn't it make sense to have it all together rather than package them separately?
Of course! The entire set should have been in one order. Sorry that happened to you & I know you're disappointed as I would be too.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

If they package them separate then I do not see why they will not send the missing pairs, this is just wrong of them.
2 x

Moderator_Robert

Post by Moderator_Robert » 4 years ago

luvmygirls wrote:
4 years ago
I am so sorry you didn't receive your full order. Unfortunately we're unable to provide a partial refund or partial reshipment for a set. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. As soon as we receive the items we will be happy to refund the full amount for you.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Robert wrote:
4 years ago
luvmygirls wrote:
4 years ago
I am so sorry you didn't receive your full order. Unfortunately we're unable to provide a partial refund or partial reshipment for a set. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. As soon as we receive the items we will be happy to refund the full amount for you.
Or here’s an option...

Refund her the price and she keeps the partial set. SO DONE with SLC making US do the work for their mistakes !
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Okay, will probably catch it for this no matter what, but here goes....I haven't a doubt that these missing Murano earrings are a legitimate claim, ok? But, we all know that a company needs to have some firm policies in place in order to provide good customer service AND protect the company, as well. This is no reflection on anyone on this thread, but we all should know that there are a lot of dishonest people out THERE that would claim they didn't receive things when they really did, and if company just sent them more product, now they have extra pieces to give as gifts, sell, or whatever the purpose, for FREE. This is not a good business practice. So what you do is request that the incorrect order is sent back, and replace it with the correct order, but the shipping should be on the company, not the customer. And of course it will show if the customer has repeated habit of these claims which would alert the company that there may be another problem. I know, I know, seems there are so many problems right now with the merchandise, and it will kill a business sooner or later, at this rate, but I'm just saying what policy should be. And I fully realize the aggravation of going to post office and standing in line. But from a business perspective, is why it is this way. But in my case where I posted, I don't know what more a customer can do than to call in and talk to someone when you receive bad merchandise, then do exactly what you are told to get refund. It is truly a travesty when you do such a thing, and when you call in as instructed, are told multiple DIFFERENT stories, then, that is a problem and there is something WRONG. I truly hope you get your earrings if you want them, and sincerely hope you have no more troubles. Shalom.
It’s called THE COST IF DOING BUSINESS.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

@RS I 100% agree with you. If SLC had CONSEQUENCES for their mistakes, like keeping a customer happy by refunding her for THEIR (SLC's) mistake and not causing her (the customer) the hassle of returning (and we all know they won't have it in stock to resend), plus be without product, it's a LOSS on SLC's part that's called the COST OF DOING BUSINESS. ALL business have slotted loss in their accounting for this sort of thing. But the real point here, is when SLC has to refund over and over for THEIR mistakes, by golly, I bet my house, they will tighten up their shipping and fulfillment departments to NOT make mistakes like this again. It's on SLC to make it right.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
That was all caps lol so am taking a risk to reply, with no hostile intent. I would agree to disagree, for paying the cost of the shipping would be the cost of doing business, whereas sending out free merchandise to anyone who calls or makes a claim would eventually be the FALL OF THE BUSINESS. For how can you look at one customer and determine they are honest, but look at another and say they are not? Would not be fair.
They would not have the issues if they managed their company better. They know that and so do we.
So it does come down to THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS.
It is an age old practice.

SLC appears to me, more and more, as the loss leader for the larger holding company. They WANT to lose money. Good thing because they lost mine.

The all caps was not direct towards you, but to SLC.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Same for me regarding the all caps. It's to SlC as they really need to do the right thing. Don't mess with the customer if you (SLC) needs a loss on their books. Just refund customers and take the loss. Amazon pretty much enforces independent Sellers to do this.
3 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

I received ba big order today.They seem to send it a
I at the same time. One broken necklace one necklace and ring so small you can hardly see them! And all in little blue pouches I hate not happy 😠
5 x