Credit Card Hacked

RS

Re: Credit Card Hacked

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hubby is a recently retired airline pilot but also an FFDO (an employee of Homeland Security). He still is involved and has connections.

Anyone at SLC or affiliates mess with my info or his will be immediately dealt with.
6 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Thank you for all this information very scary world we live in.😥
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Twice in the last year when I opened the SLC app, there was someone elses info showing. The first time it happened, I took snapshots of the other persons orders and emailed Customer service. No answer. So, I emailed the then President Kevin Lyons. He responded in minutes. Stated he was in vegas but had contacted security. He thanked me for alerting them to this dangerous Glitch. It happened again recently. I called Customer service. They told me they have no way of contacting IT or security. I couldn’t believe it. The new President and his management team had not set up any means for any customer to contact them. I was sooooo frustrated, especially since others on the forum stated they also got access to other customers accounts the same day.
In this day and age, I made sure to have credit alerts. 7 year credit access block. Plus my cc’s alert me as soon as a purchase is made.
No website is secure. Most companies including Experian, Chase, Tmobile, Target, Capital one and many more got all their customers info hacked.
I recently received a hackers email telling me he had access to my pc and will expose my private videos he captured from my PC camera, if I dont send him $1200 via Bitcoin within 3 days.
First I immediately knew he was not in America. He put the dollar sign after the 1200$. Europeans write it that way. Second, I haven’t used a PC in years, so camera is shut. I Do it all my work on my Iphone. So that was a fail for him. I forwarded his threat to the FBI and laughed it off. Never heard from him again.
Btw- anyone who is using a PC should put a bandaid over the camera eye, to prevent hacker access.
2 years ago I had my credit card hacked by Bestbuys customer service. I ordered something via phone. I gave her my info. She told me to hold on. While I waited my credit card alerted me that I made a $425 order at Applebees in a southern state. I figured my CC sent me someone elses info by mistake. When the Bestbuy customer service came back on the phone, i told her in a joking tone that while im at home having a salad, someone is having a feast at Applebees. She has me hold on again. Seems she quickly canceled the gift cards she ordered from Applebees.
Anyways my CC informed me that someone made a charge at Applebees and cancelled it a few minutes later.
How do I know it was her. Best buy security called me. It was her.they suggested I call my credit card issuer and change the numbers. So all sites are vulnerable.
7 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I had an issue yesterday with an order yesterday and the CS said they had to go into my account and asked for my four-digit password. I told her and she went in and still couldn't do what she wanted to do. It's still unresolved. Now I'm concerned that she had access to my private info. I changed my four digit password (which four digit is a red flag). It would be such a major pain to shut down my credit card as so many bills are paid this way automatically.
4 x

LoveTheDealAnnie

Post by LoveTheDealAnnie » 4 years ago

I hate when anyone’s account information is compromised. It can happen anywhere to anyone.

ShopLC is the same as Target, Walmart, Amazon. All have been attacked for their customer data.

You can go to extremes to protect yourself but this is a digital world. Some reasonable options to limit your exposure are:
Use one credit card for on-line purchases. Some cards like American Express and anything from Citibank are well monitored and
Enroll in text message, email and call notifications when suspicious activity occurs.
On your computer or phone DON’T open any links or documents in texts or emails from sources you don’t recognize. Even if you know the source, it it feels or looks strange DON’T open it.
5 x

LoveTheDealAnnie

Post by LoveTheDealAnnie » 4 years ago

I hate when anyone’s account information is compromised. It can happen anywhere to anyone.

ShopLC is the same as Target, Walmart, Amazon. All have been attacked for their customer data.

You can go to extremes to protect yourself but this is a digital world. Some reasonable options to limit your exposure are:
Use one credit card for on-line purchases. Some cards like American Express and anything from Citibank are well monitored and
Enroll in text message, email and call notifications when suspicious activity occurs.
On your computer or phone DON’T open any links or documents in texts or emails from sources you don’t recognize. Even if you know the source, it it feels or looks strange DON’T open it.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Their site crashes all the time. I also think this is hackers trying to invade. May be inside job or not. I use Mac devices only and they are very good at keeping hackers and viruses out.
Doesn’t prevent the site from going down. I never have that issue while on the forum but CONSTANTLY while trying to look at merchandise. It’s gotten to the point that I just can’t anymore.
I do know that “someone” hacks the keyboards because I will type and different letters appear as well as it being very slow to type because it’s like someone else is trying to control it.
I know that sounds confusing but it does happen and started a few months ago.
RS: You are right.

Lulu: Call your bank and notify that you have been hacked and cancel your card. Then talk to Moderator Danielle about it. Also, don't open any suspicious e-mail and if you have a Pay Pal account and if the e-mail doesn't address you by your name, don't open any links on it. I hope it helps.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Good advice. As soon as you open the link, they are in and can do alot of damage. Supposedly Apple phones and PC’s is harder to infiltrate, but nothing is fool proof.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Good advice. As soon as you open the link, they are in and can do alot of damage. Supposedly Apple phones and PC’s is harder to infiltrate, but nothing is fool proof.
IPhones and Ipads and any Macs are more difficult but it can still happen. I always put a sticker (mine is a little furry monster!) over the camera.
They CAN hack your camera on your phone too Vicky.
5 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

@Catticus , thank you for your very detailed list - I appreciate it. I'm sure a lot of people can make use of the info.
5 x