Return and Refund

Lulu

Return and Refund

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

On January 22nd, I returned a ring. Hadn't heard anything so checked my tracking # on USPS website Feb 8th. It indicated the item has not been scanned as delivered. On Feb 9th, USPS sent me a notice that there was a 'delivery exception' (?). Later in the day, SLC emailed me that a full price refund had been issued.

Isn't this odd?
7 x

Lulu

Re: Return and Refund

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Well, that's interesting. What if there was a dishonest person working in returns and claimed the package was never received? Then we would have to file a claim with the post office?

Many years ago, it was said that another Jewelry channel had a problem in their returns dept with an employee being light-fingered. I had returned a champagne diamond band and it was claimed they never received it. I had failed to get a receipt and ate the loss.
5 x

Annoyed

Post by Annoyed » 4 years ago

Confused, it says return on all items with 30 days . Then I hear you can't return clearance items, soooo why say "All"? Also a rep told me I can return my items, of course I made sure to say they're not broken except one. Oy vey..well they have my items I've returned so I need to know what's what
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I returned an item 1/27/20. Received email yesterday stating my refund has been processed but...for how much? I was expecting full refund: Item price, s/h, tax & not have return label deducted (platinum over turned my finger green!). Now unless I call my financial institution, I won't know until I get my statement a month from now. I wish they would include refund amt w/email.
5 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Annoyed wrote:
4 years ago
Confused, it says return on all items with 30 days . Then I hear you can't return clearance items, soooo why say "All"? Also a rep told me I can return my items, of course I made sure to say they're not broken except one. Oy vey..well they have my items I've returned so I need to know what's what
Hello Annoyed glad to help you please get your information to me danielle.jackson@shoplc.com. Working through emails as quickly as I can! But we will get things taken care of for you! :)
2 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Make sure you want rough cut items when ordering them and be prepared to keep them. I bought a shungite rough cut ring during clearance. When I received the ring the edges of the rough cut stone could scratch or cut you. I returned it as defective even though purchased during clearance. I have purchased other rough cut items and there were no sharp edges.I would never purchase any item with edges that could scratch you. Well much to my surprise it was returned to me with a letter saying they" could not accept return as it was bought during clearance". I sent it back because it was " defective". I called spoke to supervisor in returns and was told I could not return the ring as defective as it was sold to me in " rough" cut form.( Doesn't matter to them that the edges of stone are not polished and can scratch you) So stuck with a ring ,not comfortable wearing due to jagged edges.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
Make sure you want rough cut items when ordering them and be prepared to keep them. I bought a shungite rough cut ring during clearance. When I received the ring the edges of the rough cut stone could scratch or cut you. I returned it as defective even though purchased during clearance. I have purchased other rough cut items and there were no sharp edges.I would never purchase any item with edges that could scratch you. Well much to my surprise it was returned to me with a letter saying they" could not accept return as it was bought during clearance". I sent it back because it was " defective". I called spoke to supervisor in returns and was told I could not return the ring as defective as it was sold to me in " rough" cut form.( Doesn't matter to them that the edges of stone are not polished and can scratch you) So stuck with a ring ,not comfortable wearing due to jagged edges.
Shoplc is changing tags and claiming people bought things during clearance so they dont have to refund money. Two people on here have sent items back only to have them returned to them and told they were clearance items. Shoplc has stooped to a NEW low.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Wow, the tags, I just realized that. Yep, the rep even admitted one of the items wasn't even clearance in the batch, yet all items they have returned to me have "yellow tags." I don't think any I received at first had these yellow tags, but has been so long I don't remember. I haven't received the garnet rings they sent back yet so will see if they have put the yellow tags on them, as well.
We are going to all have to pay attention now. I even think maybe it would be good to video yourself opening your package when it arrives sad as that seems. We have to prove things werent on clearance, RA, shouldnt arrive with certain tags. Heck thats too much work. They should pay us to take they jewelry after all that.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

sure....there have been issues from time to time with returns,
but there is something up with this new rash of them turning
the tables to everybody's horror.
3 x

Ukie

Post by Ukie » 4 years ago

Still waiting for my refund. I don't understand why I send something back and then have to contact the company over and over to find out whats going on. Why is Shoplc not contacting ME and respond with refund status. I don't get it. If I return from another company they contact me and give me status updates. weeks after they receive my return still no word. Come on, get it together.
6 x