Return Policy - Sent wrong size

fluffikitti

Return Policy - Sent wrong size

Post by fluffikitti » 4 years ago

I ordered a ring in SIZE 9 and the ring is not a SIZE 9. It's close to half size smaller. I do not have a ring measure but I have a SIZE 9 Blue Zircon ring i purchased from SLC last year that fit perfectly. (and i always order size 9 ring as that is my ring size) This ring I ordered last week is too small. I really do not like to have to pay for return shipping on this. It does not fit. Also the product pics are very misleading, the setting and silver and the center stone is is much smaller than shown i ordered another ring last yr (apatite heart ring) that i returned because it was too small was supposed to be a SIZE 9. Please let me know and i will provide item#
1 x

JewelryQueen

Re: Return Policy - Sent wrong size

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

If the ring has a wide band they recommend you go up a size. If not, you may have a shot at returning it as defective due to sizing.

I agree some of the pictures are deceptive as to stone size. You need to check the mm size in the product description. Most measuring tapes have a mm measure on the other side from the inch measurement. Personally on a ring I want the center stone to be at LEAST 10 mm but preferably 12 mm (1/2 inch). Cabochon stones often don't have a mm size so you kind of need to know how much that stone weighs and go by carat weight. Thai black spinel and malachite for example, are heavy so 8 carats is not a big stone.(same with the triplet quartz) In citrine it would be a decent size stone.

Hope this is helpful.
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

If you are not sure about the millimeter measurements than you can google for example how much is 30mm in inches and it will tell you. I had the same issue last week a ring came in and it was a size smaller than what I wear and the price had gone up on the ring so I called them and told them the wrong size was sent, it said 7 but it was not so they ordered me another on the spot at the lower price.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Right on Gem Lover. For reference 24 mm is one inch.
3 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

fluffikitti wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered a ring in SIZE 9 and the ring is not a SIZE 9. It's close to half size smaller. I do not have a ring measure but I have a SIZE 9 Blue Zircon ring i purchased from SLC last year that fit perfectly. (and i always order size 9 ring as that is my ring size) This ring I ordered last week is too small. I really do not like to have to pay for return shipping on this. It does not fit. Also the product pics are very misleading, the setting and silver and the center stone is is much smaller than shown i ordered another ring last yr (apatite heart ring) that i returned because it was too small was supposed to be a SIZE 9. Please let me know and i will provide item#
Good afternoon,

I apologize if the item you received was the incorrect size. Please email me at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with all the order information so I can assist you in helping you return the item at no cost to you. I look forward to hearing from you!
2 x

fluffikitti

Hello Preston,

The item has been return shipped and was rec'd in your warehouse last Friday, 3/13 . 3/14 i followed up with an email to you with the all the shipping details. The pkg was received by "individual".

Having not heard anything further from ShopLC, today 3/17, i just sent another email to you and customer service (Chris who also reached out has email customer service. All the shipping info is contained in the emails.

Thanks,
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

fluffikitti wrote:
4 years ago

Hello Preston,

The item has been return shipped and was rec'd in your warehouse last Friday, 3/13 . 3/14 i followed up with an email to you with the all the shipping details. The pkg was received by "individual".

Having not heard anything further from ShopLC, today 3/17, i just sent another email to you and customer service (Chris who also reached out has email customer service. All the shipping info is contained in the emails.

Thanks,
Good morning,

I apologize for any delay getting back to you. I have just sent you an email. I hope your day is going well!
1 x

fluffikitti

Hello Preston,

This is a follow-up to my email where I indicated I would like a full refund. Because your company doesn't post the return detail in the customer account detail, I had to wait for the refund to post to my form of payment account and it is just the sum, not a breakdown. The returned ring as I have stated repeatedly was not a size 9. A partial refund was posted to my account. Yet by my calculations my return shipping was not waived and the original shipping was not waived. I marked the return form reason code "Defective". THe ring did not fit.

Even what LC did refund is off. I don''t know how these calculations are being done but I have never had such issues with the other shopping networks, they are very straightforward with their practices and all purchase/return activity is transparent.
0 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Hi fluffikitty: I am very careful when ordering because of the enormous hassle to get a full refund. Sending the wrong size is NOT your fault. This should have gone through without any problem. It’s a shame you are getting gipped. I hope they refund everything you’re supposed to get. Good luck. 🌸
5 x